E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2008 335i pre LCI Xenon Bulb Replacement Help

04-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
rjive
weekend > work
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

2008 335i pre LCI Xenon Bulb Replacement Help

Well I'm running out of ideas and search terms so I thought I'd make a post to solicit some help.

My drivers left low beam xenon bulb stopped working. The warning indicator alerted. Aproximately three weeks prior to the bulb failure my left bulb was flickering a bit at random. I naturally assumed it was time for a replacement.

The manual is a little off in describing the housing and removal of the bulb. This should have been clue one. I take the wheel off, remove the plastic housing and find my bulb casing is different than just about everyone I found on e90 post. This should have been clue two.

So I carefully pry, peel, pop and lift to finally get to the bulb.
I replace my new Philips DS1 bulb to find it doesn't make a snug fit in the retention clip doesn't snap close. I tested my headlights to find the bulb isn't working.

After putting the car back together, I pulled up the fuses from a search on e90. The fuses are way different than mine. Luckily I found the picture in the glove box.

Any suggestions? I just want my flipping headlights to work. /rant

casing images:

Old bulb:
Appreciate 0