E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Any US MY 09 owners trying to use Owner's Circle?

08-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Question Any US MY 09 owners trying to use Owner's Circle?

Hi everyone,

Based on what I've read (from searching, yay me :P), and from what my CA told me, it usually takes a few days from when your order is entered into the system and when it shows up on BMW Owner's Circle. I received my production number on Wednesday (no VIN), and now it's Saturday and still no love from the OC site.

Is this because the factory is closed for August so they're just going to sit on the information until they re-open? Has anyone else who's ordered an 09 been able to track their order or have it show up in OC? I'm tempted to give my CA a call and ask what's up, but I don't want to be a bother if everyone here has had no luck with their orders showing up.

Thanks in advance.
      08-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
WDW1Fanatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E93 335i; Lexus RX400h

Garage List
I've had my production number for 2 weeks (production first week of September) and have same issue as you. I just keep trying every day on the BMWUSA site and assume it's because of plant retool or something. My CA however, seems to be able to keep daily tabs on things, even if I can't.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #3
LionRampant
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E90

Garage List
2009 328i Sedan  [0.00]
I placed my order on July 29th, and after a while of fruitlessly entering the production number into the BMW USA owner site, I made an appointment with the CA to discuss this and a few other matters. Apparently we can expect the production numbers to become "unblocked" around the last week in August, at which point they may show up in the owner site system. Before then, everything is in "blocked" status, which I suppose is pending the factory downtime and perhaps incorporating the MY changes and pricing into websites and print material.

By way of reassurance, the CA showed me the dealer inventory and order daily bulletin. There on the last page were the allocations for their initial shipment of 2009 models, including my build-to-order with the options I selected. The listing included a scheduled production for Week 37, which is September 8-14.

MY 2009 pricing may be out within the next week to 10 days, from what I've gathered from looking at past years' posts.

--LR
      08-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Be prepared,the '09 pricing might not be out until beginning of September,but don't let that stop you from placing an order.Just make it XXXX over ED invoice or XXX-XXXX off of US MSRP,pricing shouldn't change by more than 1- 1 1/2 % since we already had an increase in June.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the reply Irv! I did put in an order (never did let lack of information stop me from much... ) for xxx over invoice. I was just wondering when my order will show up on BMWNA's Owner's Circle.
      08-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
LionRampant
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E90

Garage List
2009 328i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
Be prepared,the '09 pricing might not be out until beginning of September,but don't let that stop you from placing an order.Just make it XXXX over ED invoice or XXX-XXXX off of US MSRP,pricing shouldn't change by more than 1- 1 1/2 % since we already had an increase in June.
Hmmm...that bit of information sets me in a bit of a quandary. I placed my order with the options from my "must-have" list, and reserved a few "nice-to-have" items pending availability of pricing. If we will indeed not see finalized pricing until production starts (or afterwards, heaven forbid), it appears I may need to make decisions on those options without firm numbers in hand for overall and per-option cost.

I have heard the same 1-1½% price increase numbers from my CA here and in posts elsewhere, though there seems to be some speculation that the changing financial winds could prompt a more significant increase. I imagine it is possible that the extensive changes to the iDrive/navigation system may carry an option price increase as well.

Ah, the trials of the early adopter; seems it is decision time.

*calls the CA to set up an appointment*

--LR
      08-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
I just tried to put my production number into OC again today and, after brief delay which led to me believe (or hope) that it was actually going to go through, I got bupkus. I think I'm just going to wait until September and try again.
      09-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Ok, I officially hate the BMW Owner's Circle site. Actually, I'm quite frustrated with BMW's computer systems in general.

I called BMWNA just now. The automated system accepted my production number (yay for small miracles) but said that there was no production date available. I then spoke to a person, who said that not only was my car under production already, but that there was already a VIN number available (double yay!). I had her give me the VIN number and I tried to enter it into the website again, only to be rebuffed.

So I guess the result here is that I'm super happy that 1) I'm in the system 2) the car is being produced and there is a numerical "paper trail" and 3) I'll hopefully be driving in the BMW soon. But as a rookie BMW buyer, I can't help but wonder why their on-line systems are so lacking. It's frustrating to want to do the right thing and use the tools offered by BMW, yet be unable to. Yes, it would have been much simpler to walk off the lot with a new car, but really, I'm not buying a Honda here (been there, done that).
      09-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #9
thekewl1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
Ok, I officially hate the BMW Owner's Circle site. Actually, I'm quite frustrated with BMW's computer systems in general.

I called BMWNA just now. The automated system accepted my production number (yay for small miracles) but said that there was no production date available. I then spoke to a person, who said that not only was my car under production already, but that there was already a VIN number available (double yay!). I had her give me the VIN number and I tried to enter it into the website again, only to be rebuffed.

So I guess the result here is that I'm super happy that 1) I'm in the system 2) the car is being produced and there is a numerical "paper trail" and 3) I'll hopefully be driving in the BMW soon. But as a rookie BMW buyer, I can't help but wonder why their on-line systems are so lacking. It's frustrating to want to do the right thing and use the tools offered by BMW, yet be unable to. Yes, it would have been much simpler to walk off the lot with a new car, but really, I'm not buying a Honda here (been there, done that).
LOL, I feel your pain. According to the CA, the data on the site is like 5 days behind!?! Go figure, not sure why it takes so long to synch their systems, but being in the IT field, I've seen stranger things.

I had to go through this a couple of years ago when I euro deliveried my car and had to wait for it to ship back to the states. I've learn to just stay busy to keep my mind off it, but it's proven tougher than I thought (evident of my post here instead of working, LOL).

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

It is also amazing to me that the automated systems are so far behind.

You would think they would realize that if the automated systems were up to date, we wouldn't need to bother a Customer Service representative (which would actually save BMW $$$$). But the reality is, talking to the rep is the only way to keep up to date....
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekewl1 View Post
LOL, I feel your pain. According to the CA, the data on the site is like 5 days behind!?! Go figure, not sure why it takes so long to synch their systems, but being in the IT field, I've seen stranger things.

I had to go through this a couple of years ago when I euro deliveried my car and had to wait for it to ship back to the states. I've learn to just stay busy to keep my mind off it, but it's proven tougher than I thought (evident of my post here instead of working, LOL).
I'm in IT too. All I know is that if my customer-facing db's were this far behind, I'd be out of a job.
      09-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
3er858
First Class Privates
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F10, CW Mk6, 1299S

Owner's Circle =
Just my opinion, though I'm sure I'll change my mind once I can log in...

LTMW | Velgen VBM6| V12's | CKS coilovers | wrapped roof | wrapped mirror caps | wrapped door handles | Gloss Black Grills | M5 rear Lip
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
crazyeyeskilla
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xDrive on order ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er858 View Post
Owner's Circle =
+1 - can't log in w/my production # either, and haven't been able to for weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyeskilla View Post
+1 - can't log in w/my production # either, and haven't been able to for weeks.
You need the production number and VIN...I just found out today.
Call the 800# and give them your production number and they should give you the VIN if you vehicle has at least a set production date when you call the automated service.
Give it a try either way, but I did need my VIN to access MY.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #15
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
Call the 800# and give them your production number and they should give you the VIN if you vehicle has at least a set production date when you call the automated service.
If you DON'T yet have a production date, talk to the 800# Customer Service Representative anyway. They should be able to tell you the production week, even if the automated system does not. (That's my current status anyway....)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
You need the production number and VIN...I just found out today.
Give it a try either way, but I did need my VIN to access MY.
I have both and Owner's Circle still doesn't work for me. Are you saying that it's working for you?
      09-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #17
3er858
First Class Privates
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F10, CW Mk6, 1299S

Quote:
Owner's Circle =
Ok, Owner's Circle finally worked today. I had to use the last 7 of the VIN and NOT the production number. I still think it's kind of lame because it doesn't give more updated info. As of right now my "vehicle Timeline" is in the "scheduled for production" box... the next box in the timeline is "awaiting transport"... what happened to "In Production"? Anyway, at least it works now

LTMW | Velgen VBM6| V12's | CKS coilovers | wrapped roof | wrapped mirror caps | wrapped door handles | Gloss Black Grills | M5 rear Lip
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #18
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, Owner's Circle finally worked today. I had to use the last 7 of the VIN and NOT the production number. I still think it's kind of lame because it doesn't give more updated info. As of right now my "vehicle Timeline" is in the "scheduled for production" box... the next box in the timeline is "awaiting transport"... what happened to "In Production"? Anyway, at least it works now
Yeah, it's working for me as well.

Thanks very much for the tip about the VIN. Even though it's all just psychological, this is so cool that the existence of my order has been validated by this tool. I know, I'm a dork.
      09-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #19
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Yea mine has the same time line.
It says "scheduled for production" and the next box is "awaiting transport"
My first and second boxes are fully highlighted which goes hand in hand with the "Your vehicle is currently in the paintshop and is scheduled completion Sep4th" (or w/e she says) from the automated service.

Also, it does not have the model I am getting, it just says "Unknown Model" no 335i or anything. I do have a list of the options and it is correct other than both 18" and 19" rims being listed. I only see the options you would see for the 2008 models and no DCT or updated iDrive or anything like that.
I can also see the exterior color and interior color under "Swatches and Colors".
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #20
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Mine has unknown model as well. My options list is correct, except it doesn't list Logic7. I panicked a little and called my CA, who e-mailed me my order pasted straight from Dealernet. The order has Logic7 as an option, so I'm thinking this is yet another example of BMW's brilliant dba's.
      09-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M

how long do you guys think till a boat picks our little babies up???
      09-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #22
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
how long do you guys think till a boat picks our little babies up???
It depends on how many cars are on the dock ahead of us. It could be within a week or up to two weeks or three weeks.