E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > JB4 Rev 3 (HELP)

05-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #1
samuelmccarthy13
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e90 2007 Sedan

JB4 Rev 3 (HELP)

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Found this on N54Tech and just wondering if anyone has used it and would recommend? I ordered my JB4 but without a data cable, should I just get a data cable or is this Rev3 worth the extra money, what else can it do?

I'm getting so confused with all these different options and what I need to run! Do I need to run a Backend Flash with just the standard JB4? What are my options? Do I need Windows if I want to connect my JB4 to a laptop?

All I really want to be able to do is run JB4 to its optimal potential and then read error codes that might come up on the car (e.g. misfires etc.). Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 12:53 AM   #2
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

To get the optimal JB4 setup, you'll need an MHD back end flash, which required an Android device and a flashing cable. You will also need the JB4 USB cable to do logging, firmware updates and change some settings not available through steering wheel controls. I don't personally see the need for Bluetooth and the JB4 "App" but each to their own.

If you don't run port injection or meth, and you have not yet fitted the JB4, it's not too late to just run a MHD custom flash and resell the JB4. That will keep things much simpler and less costly.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 04:00 AM   #3
samuelmccarthy13
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e90 2007 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87 View Post
To get the optimal JB4 setup, you'll need an MHD back end flash, which required an Android device and a flashing cable. You will also need the JB4 USB cable to do logging, firmware updates and change some settings not available through steering wheel controls. I don't personally see the need for Bluetooth and the JB4 "App" but each to their own.

If you don't run port injection or meth, and you have not yet fitted the JB4, it's not too late to just run a MHD custom flash and resell the JB4. That will keep things much simpler and less costly.
Thank heaps that helps solve a few problems. Why the MHD back end flash, whats wrong with the JB4 one? I dont have an andriod device. I'm not currently running port injection or meth but I do see it in the future. Which settings will I need to change through the laptop that cant be done with the steering wheel controls? I'll use the JB4 to try and minimise my wastegate rattle, but dont see what else I will need to do. Can I read error codes somehow without a laptop?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 06:08 AM   #4
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelmccarthy13 View Post
Why the MHD back end flash, whats wrong with the JB4 one?
MHD is used to flash the JB4 back end flash.

I'm only on a little phone at the moment and can remember specifics about the other questions so best to have a look on n 5 4 t e c h
Appreciate 0