E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Misc. Car Items > Black Box Video Recording Device Feeler

08-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
JC316
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i | 2009 E90 335i

Black Box Video Recording Device Feeler

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hello all!

The links below are demo videos for your viewing.

In the near future I intend on releasing a Black Box Recording Device to the U.S.

I was wondering what the members of e90post thought about this particular device while we were still in the testing phase.

I am currently working with many different companies to find the best device to release in the U.S. The one that I feel has the most promise offers up to 5 channels and the most basic model has 1 channel.

The device specifications are below:

Video: 1.5 Mega Pixel Image Sensor
Recording Resolution 720x480
Frame rate: Max 20FPS
Memory: Micro SD CARD (Up to 64GB)
GPS: Works with Google Map
Also offers Vehicle Speed and displays azimuth.
Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
Can be connected to an external Monitor: TV-Out: 1CH. NTSC/PAL
Event Recording function: G-Sensor(Auto) Or Manual recording option.
Voice Recording Option: On/Off switch (Internal Mic)
Power: DC 12V~24V/ Preferred method of power from socket.

Price: Has not been determined yet. I am currently working on a reasonable price! Trying to work out a special deal for e90 members especially.

Website will be up for the public in the near future.

Please leave feedback GOOD or BAD!

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

The specs don't look too impressive (20fps?). Will you be able to compete with these?
http://www.dealextreme.com/c/digital-cameras-411
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
JC316
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
The specs don't look too impressive (20fps?). Will you be able to compete with these?
http://www.dealextreme.com/c/digital-cameras-411
Thanks for the reply!

We are currently looking to hop into the U.S. market so yes I think we could compete in price and quality. The products that I hope to distribute have extra options that some people may find handy such as the GPS and parking feature. The GPS links to Google maps making it easy to track your trip and share with others. The parking feature only activates when your vehicle is physically touched or moved. The sensitivity can be adjusted so that it meets your needs.

Another feature we offer is the ability to add more cameras to your car as needed. At the moment we are suggesting people to buy the 2 channel camera so that they have the ability to record the front and the rear of the vehicle. We have been researching ways to add up to 5 cameras without making the car look too tacky.

We had to make some sacrifices but, if you watched the videos you'll see that the quality is actually quite good.

Thanks again for your time and your reply!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
JC316
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No comments from people who have had accidents? This could eliminate the he said, she said aspect and definitely shed light onto your claims!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
sourphish
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 i4 M50

Garage List
I like it, I've always wanted to do something like this but as a carputer. Hook it up so the camera turns on and starts recording when you start the car and turns off when you turn the car off (and have the ability to do this manually too of course).
Any option to have a wider-angled camera? I guess we could source that ourselves anyway.
      08-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
JC316
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourphish View Post
I like it, I've always wanted to do something like this but as a carputer. Hook it up so the camera turns on and starts recording when you start the car and turns off when you turn the car off (and have the ability to do this manually too of course).
Any option to have a wider-angled camera? I guess we could source that ourselves anyway.
Currently, there is an auto on mode and you can also manually turn it on and off. If it's connected to lighter jack, once you start the engine, the device will turn on as well. We have not considered looking at a wider angled cam. Def something to think about though.

Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0