E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel MAERSK WELKIN - ETA Port Hueneme June 18th

05-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Vessel MAERSK WELKIN - ETA Port Hueneme June 20th

FINALLY!!! I can put all the websites to work that I have gathered info on for the past 2 weeks! YAY!!!
Sat on the dock in Bremerhaven for 9 days. Longest wait ever. For all you people new to tracking your car, that was the worst part..... sitting and waiting.

So, anyone else coming with me?

Les

Last edited by LesLazz; 06-03-2008 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Change ETA
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
HemetKid
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atlantic Blue 2008 e92 328

Is it really going to take six weeks to get to Port Hueneme or should the ETA be June?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry HemetKid, fixed it. It is June, it just seemed that long I guess. (Freudian mind set?)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

What?!? No one here is on this ship? My Vessel Tracker account is now useless and I cant seem to find any other info as to where/ports of call even the owner of this ship....

Anyone have helpful hints?

P.S. Aislive doesn't work for me...
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Ship Dead in Water

I'm on this ship too but I'm not sure if it's docked or what. Who gave you the June 18th date? I was told 6-22nd.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My CA told me. Also, the Port of Hueneme has it on the schedule for the 18th. OOOPS, scratch that, it has been moved back to the 20th now. Dang it!

www.portofhueneme.org
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Funny though, it is still on San Diego schedule as the 16th, and that schedule was updated yesterday 6/30. Hmmmmm....
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

I noted that too

I would just be happy if the ship would move.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

you have it on some kind of tracker?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Just vessel tracker

It showed the ship close to the shore in the Netherlands yesterday (like docked). Today, I can't get the map to come up. It would seem like it would show up on one of these trackers.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Forget That

Two different sites show the location off the Netherlands but I just noticed that that was the position coming into port about 8 days ago. I don't know how often they send out that signal to allow us to get an up to date gps reading. If you see something, please let me know. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

This is getting to be an obsession

This website ( http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm ) shows Maersk Welkin is scheduled to go through the PanCanal 6-10, 11. Other posts here suggest ship takes 6 or 7 days to get to So Cal from Pacific side of canal - so it looks like we are looking at 6-17 to 6-20 for port arrival.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah , I read the Boyd's listing that way too. Arrive at the Panama Canal on the 10th, passing thru on the 11th.

According to the San Diego schedule ( http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ ), they still have the MW arriving there on the 16th. That schedule was updated yesterday. Four days to offload and get up to Oxnard? It seems out crew is not in any hurry to get here!

I can't find any sites that has the MV on them. The sailwx.info site is volunteer, and it seems they haven't checked in since January. I found another site (I don't remember right now which one) that had last check somehwere near the Bering Sea.

So it seems, our crew doesn't like to let anyone know what they are doing... .

If I run across anything, or if they do decide to check in with any of the volunteer sites, I will let you know. BTW, are we really the only two people on this forum coming on this ship? Seems odd, most other ships have at least 5 or 6 people conversing.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #14
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Excuse my ignorance

but what do they unload in San Diego? I thought the entire ship was filled with cars and all of them went to Port Hueneme. You're right - It does seem like there should be more people with orders on that ship. Maybe they are patient.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
Maybe they are patient.

My CA says I am the first customer that has run down so much info on the car before it was even made! He'd never heard of Vesseltracker.com!

As far as anyone on the same ship from my neck of the woods, it is completely possible that they are.... well.... not-so-much patient, but unexcited. Up here, the BMWs are numerous, about one in ten. Since this is my first BMW order/car, I find it quite exciting.

I caught a glimpse of a 1 series today. Wow, are they as small as they look? From the quick look I got, it looked like the back seat was almost non-existent.

I keep checking the volunteer sites to no avail. You having any luck??

Leslie

P.S. I assumed they dropped off cars. The MW stopped at another port in Germany after picking up our cars. Maybe it picks up a mixture of makes of cars. I'll try to find out, will let you know
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #16
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Not as Many Here

I'm down in the Inland Empire although I ordered from Crevier in Orange County. You don't see many convertibles or 335s in the IE. I had a 3 series a few years ago but this is the first one I've ordered. They didn't have many coupes on the lots.

I have a feeling that unless the ghost ship decides to send out a signal to someone, that we won't know much until it hits the canal. Lets just both keep checking. Greg
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #17
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I think I was right about the other cars in San Diego. The have a huge terminal called The National City Terminal, that does cars and lumber (watch the video at http://www.portofsandiego.org/ if you are interested)

This is one of the larger ports in California and unloads lots of different makes of cars including Honda and Audi. Which would explain the stop in Germany for a couple of days after they loaded our cars.

Apparently, they unload lotsa bananas too. That is the other Terminal, perishables.

I can't seem to get the live cameras to work on my computer, they just come up with a little red 'x' in a small box.

Oh well, I'll keep looking. BTW can you figure out which canal it is supposed to go through? I think, and that is if I am reading it right, there are 3 or 4 named passages... I am hoping I will catch a glimpse of it when it passes the live cameras at the Panama Canal.

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #18
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

That Would Be Neat

I'm able to see the web cam pictures. They have tabs so you can easily switch between cameras so we probably don't need to know exactly which passage it takes. You probably need some sort of flash plugin update - it should say what you are missing on the web page.

Hopefully, the MW goes through when one of us can watch it. I watched the San Diego port video so the picture is becoming more clear. They just need to push those audis and fiats quickly down the ramp and get underway to Port Hueneme. Greg
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #19
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Greg, I found a site you may be able to track the MW on. My computer doesn't seem to want to load it for some reason.
www.digital-seas.com/
Maersk Welkin
Call sign S6EJ4

Good Luck, and let me know.

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #20
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Probably a Server Problem

Thanks Leslie - It won't load for me either but I'm pretty sure I looked at that website in the last day or so and it had the same info as the others - no location info since 5-22nd. It appears that the MW only transmits info just before putting in somewhere. I wonder if they will call a day before they get to the Panama Canal. G
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 02:57 AM   #21
ATC330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 MT (on order)

Hey guys! I think I'm on this boat but not quite sure. I was awaiting transport for what seemed like forever and on Friday the 800 number finally said my car was enroute. I'll call my ca tomorrow to see what boat I'm on. Let's hope the time flies!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #22
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Welcome Aboard

If you find out any other info on this ship's location let us know. We will do the same. Thanks
Appreciate 0