E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Phone Cradle

06-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
Jerel56
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Phone Cradle

Has anyone who has the cradle installed noticed a difference in reception? I'm getting one put in on Tuesday and was wondering if the cars antenna makes a noticeable difference in signal strength vs. the phone.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
psyran
Private
Rep
Drives: 330 e90 in June

Don't have it yet. But wondering, are all cradles the same, regardless of the brand/type of phone, or do I need to specify a cradle specific to my phone? Plan on getting it next week.
Thanks,
psyran
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #3
fideba
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D

cradles

You defenitely need a specific cradle for each phone. The number of cradle types is very limited
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #4
Jerel56
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Yes, the cradle is phone specific. Btw, make sure they have the base plate before you waste your time at the dealer. I went in a couple weeks ago and sat there while they tried to install my cradle w/o the plate and then realized they had to order one. You might want to give them a call to be sure before you waste your time. My plate just arrived so I'm heading back in Tuesday next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
robertb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

My phone cradle was installed yesterday and I love it. The cradles are in two pieces: a generic base plate and a cradle that is specific to each phone. Be sure your phone is supported before bothering with ordering. I have a Motorola V710 and it works great. Not sure about the improvement in reception. I mainly wanted it for two reasons: an onboard charger for long trips and for the roof antenna to avoid radiation exposure. It took almost a month for the order to come in. I've got the CD changer on order too and it's backordered for over 5 weeks now.
Appreciate 0