E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > !Help! Passenger air mat+recall questions

07-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
leonian0109
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Exclamation !Help! Passenger air mat+recall questions

So i've had my passenger air bag and seatbelt light on for a while, but I dont really drive with people so i haven't sought the need to get it replaced soon since I called my local dealership & they said im not under the recall. Yesterday when some friends tagged along, One of them commented on how uncomfortable the seat was. When I looked, It looked as if my passenger seat was pregnant or something. (Haha) I'm alittle confused because the car has never been in an accident, nor have i head people mess with my car. Did the air mat go off or something due to my 2006 325xi suffering from these known issues? The only thing I can possibly think of was I had a buddy of mine poke his head out the roof. However, I dont think this is enough to cause it.

Should I call BMWUSA and try to argue that my car should fall under the recall?

Advice?

Or should I just bring it to a shop and get it fixed? + Whats a fair price? Thanks. Here I have attached photos, hopefully you can spot the difference. IF not, the best way I could describe it is like what I said above about it looking "pregnant".

I took photos of the driver seat (Normal) then last two is the affected seat.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0