E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Update FRM3 and new problem with mirrors

01-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
pinopatty
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 2005

Update FRM3 and new problem with mirrors

Hi, I'm still behind the updating of 'FRM3 on my E90 in 2005, and now I have another problem: the mirror outside right every time I open my car moves going to go (only glass !!!) I solved the problem by encoding FRM putting nicht_aktiv voice ASP_MEMORY virtually removing the memory function. The solution did not like and was wondering if anyone knows how to explain what causes this problem? Thanks again for all the help you give with your participation in this forum very interesting.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
js335in54
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMw e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopatty View Post
Hi, I'm still behind the updating of 'FRM3 on my E90 in 2005, and now I have another problem: the mirror outside right every time I open my car moves going to go (only glass !!!) I solved the problem by encoding FRM putting nicht_aktiv voice ASP_MEMORY virtually removing the memory function. The solution did not like and was wondering if anyone knows how to explain what causes this problem? Thanks again for all the help you give with your participation in this forum very interesting.

if you just installed a new frm you need to proggram it to your car. also. reset the frm back to defaults..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
pinopatty
Rep

Hello, you've done everything, programmed with its update of FRM and coded, but in fact I had to set in nicht_activ memory profiles to solve the problem. In fact, if I open the car with another remote, the mirrors remain where they are, even if set differently on remote controls.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #4
js335in54
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMw e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopatty View Post
Hello, you've done everything, programmed with its update of FRM and coded, but in fact I had to set in nicht_activ memory profiles to solve the problem. In fact, if I open the car with another remote, the mirrors remain where they are, even if set differently on remote controls.

change the production date on you vo to #0307
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 01:59 AM   #5
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

FRM3 should not require date change. It auto adapts.

OP, I don't really understand your problem. Please upload your FRM3 TRC file...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 03:18 AM   #6
Teq
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Do you still have the stock tail lights?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
pinopatty
Rep

To the rear lights I made the necessary changes and everything works, encodings do with the data # 0910 otherwise I do not take the proper functions for my car. The only problem I have is: the mirror left at every opening of the car moves by itself until it stops and does not maintain the previous position I set, the same problem even if it does change the remote control.
In my VO I in the original optional $ 430 and as a result I encoded with this option, but unfortunately I had to remove the memory function to not have this problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopatty
To the rear lights I made the necessary changes and everything works, encodings do with the data # 0910 otherwise I do not take the proper functions for my car. The only problem I have is: the mirror left at every opening of the car moves by itself until it stops and does not maintain the previous position I set, the same problem even if it does change the remote control.
In my VO I in the original optional $ 430 and as a result I encoded with this option, but unfortunately I had to remove the memory function to not have this problem.
Did you copy VO from CAS to new FRM3 and recode using expert mode?

Is option 313 present?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #9
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Also I find BMW TIS report for similar problem. I think this matches your problem:

Quote:
SI B51 36 08
Body Equipment April 2009
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes SI B51 36 08 dated February 2009.

designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
Outside Mirror Moves when Unlocking the Vehicle

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series Sedan and Sports Wagon) produced up to 9/2008 and equipped with power front seats, option code SA459

SITUATION
When unlocking the vehicle via the remote key fob or the central locking button, the driver's side outside mirror moves unexpectedly. This condition occurs intermittently. When the mirror moves, it seemingly goes to a random position. Pressing the seat memory button typically will return the mirror to the stored position.

CAUSE
When the unlock signal is sent to the car, a mirror position self-check is performed. One of the factors in determining the mirror's present position is an expected resistance value in the circuit. Due to a higher than expected resistance, the Footwell Module (FRM) calculates the mirror position incorrectly. The mirror is then moved to what is believed to be the correct position. The unexpected resistance value is caused by one of the following:

* Corrosion on the LIN-bus connection at the mirror, switch block, or FRM

* Poor connection at the mirror, switch block, or FRM

* Damaged mirror electronics

CORRECTION
Repair or clean the appropriate connections. In isolated cases, the mirror electronics need to be replaced.

PROCEDURE

1. Reproduce the customer complaint by locking and unlocking with the remote key fob or central locking switch.

2. Remove the driver's side door panel per Repair Instruction RA 51 41 000.

3. Remove the window frame trim panel, which covers the mirror connection, per Repair Instruction RA 51 32 160.

GRUSB5108-29

4. Unplug the connector from the mirror.

5. Inspect the connector for any damaged or poorly fitting terminals.

6. If any damage is found, repair or replace the connector and/or terminals.

7. Remove the terminals one by one, and clean thoroughly with electrical contact cleaner.

8. Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the contact side of the connector.

9. Reinstall the connector.

10. Attempt to reproduce the customer complaint again to determine whether the problem has been resolved.

11. If the problem has not been eliminated, continue with the following procedure.

12. Inspect the connector at the door switch block to check for damaged or poorly fitting terminals which lead to the mirror, as well as those leading to the FRM. These are pins 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, and 12.

13. If any damage is found, repair or replace the connector and/or terminals.

14. Remove the terminals one by one, and clean thoroughly with electrical contact cleaner.

15. Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the contact side of the connector.

16. Reinstall the connector.

17. Attempt to reproduce the customer complaint again to determine whether the problem has been addressed.

18. If the problem persists, remove the mirror cap per Repair Instruction RA 51 16 040.

19. Inspect the wiring of the mirror electronics for damage or poor connections.

GRUSB5108-30

20. Unplug the mirror electronics (1) and clean the connection (2) on the back side with electrical contact cleaner.

21. Attempt to reproduce the customer complaint again to determine whether the problem has been addressed.

22. If the problem persists, replace the mirror electronics for the driver's side mirror for vehicles not equipped with auto dimming/power fold mirrors (SA430), or the complete mirror for those equipped with auto dimming/power fold mirrors.

PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity
Locally sourced
Electrical contact cleaner
83 23 0 149 149
Dielectric grease
67 13 6 972 536
Mirror electronics – driver's side with SA459
1 – if necessary
51 16 7 189 977
Mirror – complete driver's side with SA430
1 – if necessary
WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Defect Code:
51 16 36 41 00

Labor Operation:
Labor Allowance:
Description:
51 41 000*
Refer to KSD
R&I door trim panel for left or right front door

+51 16 540
Refer to KSD
R&I mirror cover for left or right front door – if
necessary

51 99 000
Work Time
Work time for testing and cleaning connections.
*Main Work - use this labor operation number when this is the only repair being performed, or if this is the main repair when performed along with other repairs at the same time. If this is not the main repair, refer to KSD for the associated (+) labor operation code.
Sublet Code 4**
$2.00
** Reimbursement of up to the amount listed may be charged to sublet code 4 for the Contact cleaner and Dielectric grease required to perform this repair. Claiming this part number outside of sublet code 4 will result in a delayed or denied claim payment.
[ Copyright © 2009 BMW of North America, LLC ]
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #10
pinopatty
Rep

Yes, thanks guys, I think I did everything correctly recoding the new FRM3 fact after programming I wrote the FA in both CAS and inside FRM. You've always had the optional $ 313.
Sensible_ Thanks for the note, just a bit of time I'll try to check the connectors both of the door mirror and check whether LIN-BUS has some problems, but I do not think, because all the movements of the mirrors are working properly, check it anyway !! ! maybe water has entered in the contacts and the electrical resistance is changed to the position.

He ..... guys .... sorry for the translation but I translate into English with Google and if it is not correct is not my fault !!!!!! Thanks again to all
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
pinopatty
Rep

Hi guys, I really have to thank you all for the wonderful and useful contributions that dates in this forum, especially thank Sensible_ because I never said the problem was that described in the note he posted.
In fact, I disassembled the mirror left (the problem) is I found the pin connections oxidized as you can see in the photos. The right was in the same conditions but on different pin so I had no problems in the measurement of the resistance that allows the memory location. So clean everything, greased with silicone grease reassembled everything and everything working perfectly. Thanks again to all and the next.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 12:17 AM   #12
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Great! Good work
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 02:15 AM   #13
Teq
First Lieutenant