E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > M-Sport Light Questions

01-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

M-Sport Light Questions

Hi Gang.

My background: I’m a long time BMW owner, and have NEVER modded anything on any of my cars ever (outside of floor mats).

What I’d like to do: Seeing the new 2011 LCI coupes are now using LED’s in their angel eyes, I’d like to go for a similar look. From all of the research I’ve done, most of you seem to recommend the LUX H8’s as the best color match for a plug-n-play for my factory xenons.

I’m worried about the following:

1. Allot of you talk about “strobing” and “pulsing”.

2. From allot of the photos I’ve seen, some of these things are so bright, they wash the entire headlight compartment, and you can’t even tell you have angel eyes. I’d like to avoid this at all costs.

3. I’d like to maintain 100% reliability and my warranty, I never want the dealer to come back to me and tell me they’re refusing warranty work because of this mod (yes, I’m paranoid) I’m worried too, because I see in the installation video, things have to be “cut” in order to do this mod on the sedan. Is this 100% reversible to stock????

4. Aside form changing oil and filters, I am NOT mechanically inclined. Being said, do I have to remove the entire housing to do this? I’m assuming from what I’ve seen, that this is just a bulb swap.

There it is. I’d like a 100% reliable, reversible to stock, non-strobing, non-code throwing, clean and clear angel eye mod that’s easy to install, that will match my factory xenons.

Am I realistic? Am I hoping for the impossible?

There are 12 million threads on this stuff, and it’s really overwhelming to sort through it all, and seeing I know nothing, I thought I’d just shoot out what pertains exactly to me. Thanks a million in advance everyone, I really appreciate any help you can provide.

PS: What the hell - is there a simple bulb swap for my fogs that will make them white to match the LUX H8’s and my xenons??? (Actually, no one needs to answer this; I’m more concerned about my headlights!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0