E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Ferrari Museum, Maranello, Italy...

02-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation Ferrari Museum, Maranello, Italy...

Galleria Ferrari
via Dino Ferrari 43
Maranello - Modena
(MO)

Italy

Tel: +39 0536 949713

Fax +39 0536 949714

E-mail: galleria@ferrari.com

Opening Times
October 1 – April 30: everyday (including holidays) from 9.30 a.m. until 6.00 p.m.
May 1 – September 30: everyday (including holidays) from 9.30 a.m. until 7.00 p.m.
Closing days: December 25, January 1.

Tickets
Full-price ticket: € 13.00

http://www.ferrari.com/English/about_ferrari/Ferrari-Museum/General-Information/Pages/How_reach_museum.aspx

The other day I was going thru some of my old photos and thought maybe some of you guys would like to see the famous Ferrari Museum. I really can not believe I was there so long ago. These photos were taken in 2003 – but knowing how the Italians work… I bet the museum has not changed much. When I went there… the museum had just opened.

Maranello is closed to Modena on the A1 Autostrada. From Munich it is probably about a five hour car drive. I really love driving in Italy. I think it would make a great ED trip. Maserati and Lamborghini are also close by. Both have museums open to the public. I have never been to them though. It is on my bucket list though!

One thing that is interesting is the Maserati Museum is also a Panni (sandwhich) museum, hence the name.

http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/en/index/passion/company/panini-museum.html

Lamborghini Musuem

http://www.visit-lamborghini.com/#museum

I think this summer I will try to go see all three museums. Should make for a nice road trip.

Onto my photos…

Enjoy,
Dackel

The Ferrari Museum…

Enzo…

What a work of art…

Betcha didn’t know they made a boat!

Formula 1 cars…

Enzo’s desk…

And the Gift Shop...

Down the street from the museum is a new condo complex and (another) Ferrrari Store... it’s located just across the street from the factory’s main entrance.

Toys for little kids…

And older ones…

And some more toys for bigger boys…

Two wheeled Ferrari’s in the store’s window…

And the Ferrari factory located across the street from the F-store…

This is the real traffic light on the public street that runs along the factory’s front gate…

And the famous restaurant across from the factory gate…

Ende.

More photos...

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx283/Dackelone/Ferrari%20Museum/

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
G.I.Joe
Major
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2008

Another great photo collection. It's been about 8 years since I was last there. The Gallaria is not as big as I thought it would be I remember, but hey, it's Ferrari right?

Did you have a chance to go to the Ferrarti test curcuit or Tony's Garage also in Maranello? And did you eat at the Ferrari restaurant? They have Ferrari dishes

8 years ago I was fortunate enough to be on a trip with a Danish car magazine, and we also went to the Maserati factory, the Lamborghini factory and the Pagani workshop. They sell like what 25 cars a year? And just that day, while we were there, a customer picked up his Zonda. That thing looks and sounds awesome. It's actually amazing how many awesome cars come from that small area of the world. I mean basically just north of the Alps, you have BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Porsche as well.

Thanks again for your pics and bringing up fond memories.
E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | Pure Stage 2 turbos | Motiv PI | Trueform Tech Intake | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E85 Map | Fuel-It Stage 3 LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Tial BOV | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC Steel SM Flywheel |
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post

Did you have a chance to go to the Ferrarti test curcuit or Tony's Garage also in Maranello? And did you eat at the Ferrari restaurant? They have Ferrari dishes
Hi G.I. Joe,

No I did not get to go see the test track or restaurant - but I wanted too! I was there with my ex GF and kids... so the museum was all I could go see. This is why I am thinking of going again this spring to Ferrari/Lambo/Maseratti museums. I think going to the Alfa Museum would also be cool. Itally is always a good road trip for me.

What exactly is Ton't Garage? Is that where Enzo used to have his Scuderia shop in the 50's?

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
G.I.Joe
Major
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Hi G.I. Joe,

What exactly is Ton't Garage? Is that where Enzo used to have his Scuderia shop in the 50's?

Dackel
Yes I believe it is but I'm not 100% sure. Tony's garage is, as I were told, where Enzo himself used to go for repairs. It's on the main street on the way out to the Maranello test track as far as I remember. When I was there we met the original owner who serviced Enzo's cars as well as his son. I think by now the father may have passed away, he was pretty old even 8 years ago. A lot of Ferrari owners throughout Europe are said to go there for nostalgical reasons (and for the roadtrip). They have any possible spare part for pretty much any Ferrari, and when we were there, they were working on a lot of different Ferraris, mainly older ones though. The passion they felt for the Ferrari cars was obvious and pretty much contageous, it's great to meet people who take such pride in their work and still remain humble and "down to earth".
E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | Pure Stage 2 turbos | Motiv PI | Trueform Tech Intake | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E85 Map | Fuel-It Stage 3 LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Tial BOV | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC Steel SM Flywheel |
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Thanks G.I. Joe - for the additional info. Here is something you might enjoy...

I bought this book for a Ferrari friend of mine. But once I flipped thru the pages, I just had to buy a copy for myself! I think it is no longer sold as new, but you can still find it on Amazon and the web. I just thought I would share some old school pics with you. 

I just love how proud this Ferrari test driver looks in this photo!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
G.I.Joe
Major
Denmark
Rep

There are some truly lovely pictures in that book from a time long passed.

I agree completely, the pride they took in their work and and the passion about the Ferraris brand was second to none. I don't know how much of this still exists today, but I would guess that it still does to a large extend. They're not just "making cars", they are building Ferraris. You just have to respect and admire that. I know I do.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
There are some truly lovely pictures in that book from a time long passed.

I agree completely, the pride they took in their work and and the passion about the Ferraris brand was second to none. I don't know how much of this still exists today, but I would guess that it still does to a large extend. They're not just "making cars", they are building Ferraris. You just have to respect and admire that. I know I do.

Have you seen the National Geographic Mega Factories Series. The show on Ferrari was very interesting! N.G has shows on: Audi, BMW, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Lambo and Ferrari. I don't know why they did not do one on MB or VW ?

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
ddogg35
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 318i

Garage List
am i the only one who thinks those cars need some serious polishing
      02-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #9
G.I.Joe
Major
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Have you seen the National Geographic Mega Factories Series. The show on Ferrari was very interesting! N.G has shows on: Audi, BMW, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Lambo and Ferrari. I don't know why they did not do one on MB or VW ?

Dackel
No I didn't. I will look for them in the future now though, thanks. I don't watch a lot of tv, but when I do it's usually either Discovery (one of the channels) or National Geographic.
Appreciate 0