E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > best way to invest?

05-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #45
rpiopio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2011 X3 , 2000e39

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I wasn't sure if you graduated from HS or College. Either way, there's a wealth (excuse the pun) of opportunity you can do with that $1,000. Here's what I would recommend.

Take $150 and go to your local Barnes and Noble or Borders or whatever, and invest in the following books:

Think and grow Rich - By Napoleon Hill $12.57
The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America $16.98
Rich Dad poor Dad: $10.68
The Millionaire Next Door: Thomas J. Stanley $7.99
The 48 Laws of Power: Robert Greene
Spend some time there, and grab other books that are educational but bearable to you. You'd be amazed how well spent 2 hours is in a place like that.

Take another $400 and buy yourself a well fitting suit. Basic Black or charcoal grey, 2 or 3 button only, properly fitted to your shape. It's not gonna be the fanciest, but you can get a very presentable, well fitted suit at Macy's for that kind of money.

Take another $150 and buy yourself shiny black shoes to match your suit. No clunky rubber soled sketchers. You're looking for low profile lace-ups or slip-ons. Kenneth Cole is a good bet at those prices.

Don't forget $60 for a crisp white shirt and another $25 for a tie.

Now that you're lookin like a million bucks, and your head is being filled with the knowledge of those who have gone before you, it's time to take the next step for yourself.

Put on the suit, the shirt, the tie, the shoes, and go find yourself a decent paying internship or part time job. Use the career center at your college, it's usually free. If it's not, spend the $50 bucks for resume and cover letter help and interviewing practice.

You'll probably have $200-300 bucks left over. Go buy some travel books to inspire you to leave your circle of influence and push you to your fullest potential.

Then take the rest and take your Mom and Dad to dinner, thanking them for an education and an opportunity to do whatever you think you can.

Rich Dad