E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > anyone running a sears diehard battery in their e90?

01-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
AngryScientist
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

anyone running a sears diehard battery in their e90?

going to replace my battery this weekend. for decades i've used diehard auto batteries with excellent luck, i doubt i'm going to go for the expense of a bmw oem battery. anyone using a diehard and want to tell me the model number.

other options i'll consider are

optima
bosch

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

i went with oem and had it reset just for sake of argument.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
josephbet01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

I found this a while ago. It may be worth a look:

The Napa range of batteries are made by Exide, these are a large player in the battery world. The Napa range of batteries do appear to be good value for money batteries. Output ratings are very good and the battery performs well in all temperatures. However in cold weather the battery does turn the engine over much slower.

Kirkland Signature range join our car battery reviews quite simply because they are a best value battery. Performance and ratings for these batteries are on a par with leading brands such as Optima. Even in the coldest of weather performance is impressive. Considering this brand of battery is half price or less to leading high performance brands this looks to be the best choice all around.

DieHard batteries are include in this car battery reviews for performance rather than price. This battery does very well in all weathers but it is not in the budget range of batteries.

AC Delco batteries have been a leading brand for many years and were often fitted by car manufacturers a car battery reviews easy pick. This battery is an easy pick for those looking for a good battery on a tight budget. Warranties are very good with AC Delco, if they are prepared to offer a good warranty then they must trust there own product.

Autocraft range of batteries are suitable if you live in a warmer climate but do not expect this battery to cope well with harsh cold winters.

EverStart this is again in the cheaper bracket but the performance of this battery is certainly good. Copes well in all weathers and delivers a pleasing performance for such a smaller priced battery. You will find this battery sold in Walmart but don't let this put you off this maintenance free battery.

Duralast batteries are in fact an easy choice to add in any car battery reviews made by the same people as Die Hard batteries but not with the same weighty price bracket. This is certainly a high performance battery and for the price it should be given due consideration.

Optima Batteries the easiest to add to any car battery reviews, now this battery is priced very high but you have to consider the technological development this battery has received. Optima are the largest producer of spiral wound cell batteries.

Optima Batteries will last two or three times longer than a normal conventional battery as we know them.

This battery can be used in many different types of vehicle and used in any terrain. The battery will never spill acid if it is overturned in a vehicle and includes a vibration resistant design. The actual cells are wound in a spiral this is quite a clever construction because it gives a larger area of coverage for the lead alloy electrodes.

As you can imagine the power is greatly increased, when compared to our normally shaped battery. All of this comes with a price, however, think in the long term, if you plan on keeping your vehicle for a while and you need a battery then select an Optima.

If ever you need to recharge an Optima battery then this can be accomplished up to ten times faster than a normal conventional battery. Optima spiral cells batteries have now been in development since the early eighties. The teething problems with this type of battery are now long gone car battery reviews of this type of battery are always good.
Appreciate 0