E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2010 335D Gray w/mods, TX

02-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
mrWheeler
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

FS: 2010 335D Gray w/mods, TX

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Make: BMW
Model: 335d Sedan
Year: 2010
Transmission: Automatic (there is no MT on the Diesels)
Color: Space Gray
Trim: Dark Wood
Options: Cold Weather Pack, Satellite Radio
Modifications: Ground Control Coilover Suspension, M3 rear aluminum control arms, Recaro Speed Seat
Warranty: 4 year / 50,000 miles Full Maint., Limited Warranty, Roadside Assitance
Mileage: 11,XXX
Price: $36,000 OBO

This car has been my baby for the year I have had it. I have been waiting for years for this diesel to come over and spent many months looking for this exact color / package combo. I purposely did not want the sport pack since I knew I would replace the seats and suspension eventually anyways. This car is amazing and you have to drive it to really appreciate it. The only reason I am selling it is because I am starting my own business and could use some extra cash to get it off the ground. I will probably buy another one down the road and do the exact same modifications .

The GOOD: This car is in near perfect shape. I only needed to take it in for service once and they changed the oil and urea.

I spent quite a bit of time researching suspensions and finally decided to go with Ground Control. I worked with Jay and he came up with a setup specially made for the 335d since it has a heavier engine. http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ion.php/II=836 I thought I would need to make some adjustments to the shocks after I installed it but the spring rate and valving are spot on. I think it is quite possibly the perfect setup for the street/track. (I never took it to the track but I would be shocked if it it wasn't amazing.)

The car also has a Recaro Speed seat. I orinally bought the seat for my e30 but decided to drop it in my 335d. I didn't want to do with the fixed back seats and the Speed offers the best combination of support and comfort, plus it looks amazing. It was VERY difficult finding brackets for it. They had to be imported from Germany (took about 6 months for them to come in). So I think this may be the only e90 in the US with this type of seat . It does still have the motor to move the seat foward and backward.

This car is AMAZING to drive. It is the perfect Daily Driver. The power delivery is right where you need it and it is so quiet you will be shocked, but is still fun if you want it to be. On top of all that I was getting about 27MPG in the City about about 40MPG on the highway. If you remapped it with something like this (http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...etc-p2081.aspx ) throw on some summer tires and this car would be unstoppable and get even better MPG...

The BAD: The night I took delivery of the car I was rear ended. I was at a stop and the person behind me did not see a cop with his lights on cross the intersection and accelerated into me. He was probably going less than 5MPH but it was enough to scuff the paint and set off the active head restraint. I have estimates from the two of the best body shops in town and it would be $1000 to put a whole new bumper (this is worst case scenario fix) and $500 to reset the seat. I was planning on putting M-Sport bumpers eventually and since the scratch is so minor (Shown in picutures below, you have to be looking for it to see it because it looks just like dirt or a refection in the paint...) that I never got around to fixing it. Also since I was planning on replacing the seat anyways I just pulled out the stock one and put my Recaro in. In 2010 they started using the active head rest and because of this you will need to get a special module that will deactivate the sensor. European Auto Source has one I just haven't gotten around to installing it.

I will throw in the stock seat and suspension. Could probably get some decent money for them.

I will do what I can to help with Shipping. I can meet you at the airport, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,
Ben Minne
512-964-8548

Attached Images

Last edited by mrWheeler; 03-15-2011 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Austex
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i sedan

Nice car, looks very clean, you'd never notice the bumper scratch. I've seen it in person oddly enough...same apt. complex as I live in, always wondered who owned the car. Small world it seems! GLWS
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
mrWheeler
Rep

LOL, it is a small world. You should stop by my apt. some time, always good to meet a fellow BMW enthusiast, I am in 818
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Would you part out the aftermarket suspension?
      03-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
mrWheeler
Rep

I just spent about $900 having it installed at a shop a couple of months ago. So I would prefer to not part it out, but it seems like I may get more for the car if I bring it back to stock. If I do that I will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
mrWheeler
Rep

Just lowered price. I will be taking out the seat in the next week or two then after that I will take out the suspension. I am hoping there is someone out there that can appreciate the mods while they are on the car, it will save them money and me time .
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Is this car still for sale?
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
mrWheeler
Rep

Yeah car is still for sale. Haven't gotten around to taking the seat out yet, should be out by next week.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
EMC
rallyroad.net
Rep
Drives: G80x,E90 M3,LTW M3,MCoupe,etc

Deposit sent! Just sorting out my schedule and making arrangements to come pick up the car!

Thanks Ben!
Appreciate 0