E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cobb newbie question

08-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
andrew_b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 N54

Question Cobb newbie question

Simple question, I think.

I have updated my Cobb AP with the latest firmware. It is not yet married to the car.

How do I tell which map set I will need (based on ECU). Should I install and then get the info from the AP, or is there another way.

The instructions say to make sure the firmware and maps are all current. I bought a used version, it now has the latest firmware, but will I get stuck if I install it and it doesn't have the right ECU maps loaded?

thanks...
A.

2007 E93 N54
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
cloud_connected
Banned
Rep
Drives: ATR tuned N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_b View Post
Simple question, I think.

I have updated my Cobb AP with the latest firmware. It is not yet married to the car.

How do I tell which map set I will need (based on ECU). Should I install and then get the info from the AP, or is there another way.

The instructions say to make sure the firmware and maps are all current. I bought a used version, it now has the latest firmware, but will I get stuck if I install it and it doesn't have the right ECU maps loaded?

thanks...
A.
Install it first just to be on the safe side. Then update the firmware and load the newest maps.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
The 1st time you go to "marry" the AP to your car, it'll go thru a long install process (~20 mins) where it'll tell you what ROM version you are (IJEOS, I8A0S, etc). REMEMBER THE ROM VERSION! From there you can use your laptop & the AP Manager module to upload the proper maps from COBB's website, load them onto your AP & make sure the AP firmware is also updated.

Delete any of the maps that don't correspond to your car's mods, flash for whatever map you want & enjoy

PS -- You can also use this if a video helps
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
andrew_b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 N54

I did update the firmware - it actually did that automagically when I connected it to the manager version of the software on th PC. I also deleted the maps there to be on the safe side.

I connected it and you can get far enough into the install to see the ECU version - wrote it down and then cancelled. Then downloaded the maps. Going to play with them tomorrow.

Zoom.

2007 E93 N54
Appreciate 0