E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Britalman Question

05-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
SFE92335
Professional Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 TiAg E92 335i

Hey guys so I had two questions since I installed my Britalman Catback Exhaust.

1. Ever since installing it, the driver side exhaust pipe has been coming into the middle more than the passenger side to the point where it touches the inside of the rear bumper on the very inside point possible. This is pretty hard to explain but I will take a picture later so you guys get a better idea. Did anyone have this problem with their dual exhausts? The passenger side sits perfectly in the middle of the exhaust archs but the driver side has slowly drifted inward twice now since I have installed it and adjusted it once already.

It looks like this:

____[ ( )]______[ ( ) ]_____

I will be going to my friends shop tomorrow to try and adjust it one more time but if there are any helpful tips you guys might have please post them and I will check them ASAP. One other thing I'm worried about is that when I got the exhaust one of the hooks had ripped the box but did not seem to come out far enough to make contact with the ground or anything outside the box. I'm hoping this didn't end up bending the hooks in a negative way.

2. Also, I brought my car in for buzzing problems with my rear console lid when it's closed and I'm driving in the city. This has only been noticeable since I changed the exhaust, I read that the dealer usually fixes it by putting felt in the grooves where it slides but my dealer kept my car overnight and there is still no difference. Anyone in the Bay Area have luck getting it fixed right? I tried BMW SF btw. Thanks in advance for all your advice and help
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
1. The shop that installed my Britalman had a tough time getting the exhaust lined up. The only way they got the tips almost even was while having the cross brass not even near level.

I sold the system to Sniz and he and Clem said they had to really work it over to get it aligned. I'm not sure what all they had to do, but it took some time.

2. Most people either keep that lid open, or shove something in there like a tennis ball to keep it from rattling.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

^ yup

there is a crossbrace just behind the rear diff that you can adjust the exhaust with. Just takes a bunch of trial and error. Once you have it right, its not going anywhere...I actually like that design.

2 tennis balls should do the trick.
      05-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
SFE92335
Professional Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 TiAg E92 335i

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'll be heading to my friends shop and we'll try your tips. I love the design of the Britalman exhaust as well, I was just kinda bummed it wouldn't sit right. Btw Sniz, love your old and new cars it looks like you've got the police theme going on in your sig