E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW e92 voltage issue

04-09-2024, 08:47 PM   #1
braulio.chavarin1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 335i

BMW e92 voltage issue

I have a 2007 bmw 335i I’m having issues with it charging my battery I tested the jumpstart terminals under the hood and it reads around 13.6v to 14.0v but when I test the terminals in the trunk while the car is running it only reads about 12.5v to 13.0v eventually the voltage was dropping so low the car would shut off once the battery ran out off charge and the only way to start it again was if I jump started it from the front and back at the same time so I assumed the wires that ran for the alternator to the battery where bad so I grabbed a pair of jumper cables and connected one end to the jumpstart terminal under the hood and the other end to the battery terminals in the trunk and that fixed everything the car ran and was was charging the battery like it should so then i replaced all the positive wires running under the car from the trunk to the front and it seemed to work perfectly fine for a week or two then it started to do the same thing so no now Im back at square one I also replaced the battery, Ibs, bst, and power distribution box and still nothing has changed
Appreciate 0