E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Gas pedal suddenly stops working sometimes

04-08-2024, 12:16 PM   #1
Salobir
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d 2007

Gas pedal suddenly stops working sometimes

I've been having issues lately with my 320d 2007 sometimes my gas pedal just stops working no response so i have to safely pull over and restart the car so it starts working again.. I drove it to the mechanic they noticed my ABS has gone bad so they replaced it and it was working fine till yesterday out of nowhere in fifth gear my car jerked a little and gas pedal became unresponsive no matter which gear i put it in it was unresponsive and right as i pulled over yellow tyre pressure warning light came on for a second but all my wheels are checked and fine. Then the car turned off by itself i took the key out put it back in turned on the car it turned on with no hesitation and the tyre pressure light was gone drove for 5 more mins and it happened again but no warning lights this time. Then after restart i turned off DTC completely because I was assuming its a traction control problem I was 5 mins from home so after that I came home safely. Today I was driving for 40 min before I went on the road I did a reset on my tyre pressure sensors just in case if that was the problem i dont know. Drove for 40 min traction control was turned on and there were no problems. Did anyone have the same problem? Could it be a sensor problem or something major? I don't know if its going to happen again so Im constantly worried.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:00 AM   #2
lordnikon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Break My Wallet

Garage List
May be the accelerator pedal has gone bad.
Appreciate 1