E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Increased Battery Discharge - FRM or IBS?

09-03-2022, 05:42 AM   #1
salimshk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport Coupe

Increased Battery Discharge - FRM or IBS?

Hello people,

Bit of a long story, really hope someone can help, will try and bullet point it so it doesn't get confusing.

Keep getting increased battery discharge message, every time I leave the car for a day or two (ever since I bought the car a year ago)
This message has been there with the original BMW battery and even after replacement with a new battery that was correctly coded
Had Halfords to a test on the new battery and they said it was good

As an aside I had a faulty FRM2 module which I had repaired locally. After that point my lights started working but it has left some kind of error message in the memory

I read somewhere a faulty FRM can drain the battery. A dodgy IBS can also present this low battery warning. I've had quotes for diagnostics for finding a parasitic draw and as expected the numbers are huge.

Questions:
1. Has anyone had any experience of a bad FRM draining the battery.
2. If so, what should I do next? Assuming the guy has a done a dodgy repair on it should I be buying a brand new unit? And even if I did, how would the software be transferred as I am assuming the software on my existing FRM2 would now have been tampered with.
3. What are people's thoughts on the IBS?

I should point out the battery problem has always been present even before I had the FRM 'repaired'

Any help much appreciated.
Appreciate 0