E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 07 E92 Which lowering set up

06-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
SR2007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 328i

07 E92 Which lowering set up

I just ordered a set of 19" Iconz and looking to lower my ride, and I've been reading the post on here and still can come to a conclusion. I want to lower my ride and keep the wheels flush with a minimal gap between the tire and fender without F'in up my ride. Which set is a good set up? Does doing aftermarket suspension void the warranty? I was looking at the H&R race or sport set. Not sure if I want to cough up the extra dough for the coilovers. Is it worth it now to by them or not? Please chime in and let me know. Pics if you have them and what kind of kit...
Team Elite / WFC#342
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I would do the H&R Cup Kit which matches either the Sport or Race Springs with H&R shocks for a complete setup. You can run the H&R Sport or Race Springs on your factory shocks but will end up replacing your shocks down the line so you are better off doing it all at once by going with the cup kit.

If you need the adjustment, then you can go with coilovers which are available as height and or rebound/compression adjustable depending on the kit. I typically only recommend coils if you need the adjustment or are setting the car up for track.

Replacing the suspension will void the suspension warranty however it will not void the rest of the vehicle warranty.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
SR2007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 328i

Cup Kit

I thought the cup kit came with the springs?????? I currently have the sports package on the vehicle. So i was even wondering if the race set would be too much, but i don't want to lower it on the sport springs and realize that its a tad to high. Is the cup kit adjustable??
Team Elite / WFC#342
Appreciate 0