E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2012 Track Events (Québec, Ontario & North East USA)

06-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #221
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

A lap from the iPhone via Harry Laptimer.

[u2b]VdUyimBR_ec&feature=plcp[/u2b]
      06-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #222
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Nice Joel! I love the sound of your engine, I can't wait to put on the CP-E pipes for some added sound effects

The speedo is off, did you notice? It may be just a matter of not being in sync, cos you were accelerating but kms went down and vice versa
      06-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #223
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Wow ... how you missed the apex in turn one.
Oh and like I said to you before... Turn six before Toe, our lines are so different.

Good driving master Joel.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #224
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
But will they be as good as the SSZ1s?

I love those rims.
interesting... on the Dunlops

http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/view...t=7476&start=0
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #225
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Nice Joel! I love the sound of your engine, I can't wait to put on the CP-E pipes for some added sound effects

The speedo is off, did you notice? It may be just a matter of not being in sync, cos you were accelerating but kms went down and vice versa
I love the sound of the car. Pretty quiet from the outside. Inside ... a totally different story.

Yes, the telemetry data seems to be a little off. I've sent out a note to the author of the lap timer to see if there is something that I am missing. The calibration seems to take forever, so who knows. I'll be picking up something a little better the next time around - something that has a 10Hz GPS sampler.

Good luck with the pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Wow ... how you missed the apex in turn one.
Oh and like I said to you before... Turn six before Toe, our lines are so different.

Good driving master Joel.
No, I nailed it! Ok. Close enough. Next month in WG.

Quote:
I would worry about accidentally spraying the brake system and warping a rotor or ceasing a piston from the rapid cooling.
      07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #226
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

A wonderful day was had by all yesterday with Viperclub/Bimmershop at Tremblant. Despite the near record heat and only one red flag, the event went flawlessly. A few drivers even elected to cool off in the near by Lake Moore. I got a chance to meet new friends and increase my learning on the Green Machine; not to mention shaving off another 4 seconds off my lap times (1:55).

The Green Machine in the right hands (not mine, that’s for sure) is fast. I clocked her with the "Whiz" at the wheel, at 1:50, including a passenger. Lot's of learning to go.

Maybe it was the heat, dehydration or just being plain tired, but the last session of the event was less than smooth, offering me up some minor drama. Went into the Ses at turn 4 a little hot and didnt finish my braking which ended the car sideways straddling the rumble pads and kicking up a dust storm as I tore up the infield and filling my car up with dirt and dry sod. The vacuum cleaner will work overtime this afternoon. I'll post what I dare from the GoPro. The Green Machine continues to amaze me.
      07-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #227
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Woweee ! 1,55 with a potential 1,50 or less, that must be in GT3 RS territory no? Well that's like a gazillion seconds faster then me, so glad you are having so much fun.... just you be careful with those scary moments!

I sent you an email!
      07-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #228
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Woweee ! 1,55 with a potential 1,50 or less, that must be in GT3 RS territory no? Well that's like a gazillion seconds faster then me, so glad you are having so much fun.... just you be careful with those scary moments!

I sent you an email!
Get your car on a 900lbs diet, add all the M3 parts and your set.

I know I have another 2 seconds or so out there. 1:50 is out of my league. I think GT3s are in the 1:40's. In any case all good fun.

Here is that drama I mentioned above.

Last edited by jgalaxy; 07-14-2012 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #229
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy
A wonderful day was had by all yesterday with Viperclub/Bimmershop at Tremblant. Despite the near record heat and only one red flag, the event went flawlessly. A few drivers even elected to cool off in the near by Lake Moore. I got a chance to meet new friends and increase my learning on the Green Machine; not to mention shaving off another 4 seconds off my lap times (1:55).

The Green Machine in the right hands (not mine, that’s for sure) is fast. I clocked her with the "Whiz" at the wheel, at 1:50, including a passenger. Lot's of learning to go.

Maybe it was the heat, dehydration or just being plain tired, but the last session of the event was less than smooth, offering me up some minor drama. Went into the Ses at turn 4 a little hot and didnt finish my braking which ended the car sideways straddling the rumble pads and kicking up a dust storm as I tore up the infield and filling my car up with dirt and dry sod. The vacuum cleaner will work overtime this afternoon. I'll post what I dare from the GoPro. The Green Machine continues to amaze me.
Damn!

A track prepped car must be fun as hell like that green machine!

Shaving 4 seconds is amazing. Looks like you're getting the hand of the rear wheel drive now.

Post that sideways video!
*edit* just saw the video. ... So fun I'm jealous

Drop by for a beer sometime with the "machine"

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #230
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth

I sent you an email!
Hmmm not so sure of GT3 RS territory on that... Maybe GT3 RS with a shitty driver. As an example Mathieu was doing consistent 1:56's with a 1:55 as well with his E90 M3 last year on NT01's and camber plates.

I think mid 1:40's starts to hit GT3 RS territory and I truly believe the Green machine can do it in Joel's hands.

Shit of the instructor hit 1:50 flat and he was probably not going all out cause its not his car imagine what that beast can do!

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #231
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth
Not sure you will all like the Black on Black, I like it
I LOVE it!

Nice look Ken.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #232
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I LOVE it!

Nice look Ken.
Thanks Anthony
      07-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #233
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Damn!

A track prepped car must be fun as hell like that green machine!

Shaving 4 seconds is amazing. Looks like you're getting the hand of the rear wheel drive now.

Post that sideways video!
*edit* just saw the video. ... So fun I'm jealous

Drop by for a beer sometime with the "machine"
It is definitely a hoot to drive. It was a little rear happy before, but Seb tuned that out and really made a nice neutral handling car. I'm starting to get the hang of it now and picking up neat little tricks that I couldn’t do before on an all wheel drive setup.

Since I have the huge wing on the rear I've refrained from driving it on the road. Too much a magnet for the fuzz. Your welcome to drop in any time for a brew. The car is here most of the time or not too far away if I've put it in storage.

Any events planned this season?
      07-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #234
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Nice spin master Joel... not really a spin but more of an oversteer ... no harm, just fun. Now I'm looking forward to C'bogie next (this) weekend where I will see Emre's Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 track car. Just hoping we get nice cooler temperatures for all 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #235
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Nice spin master Joel... not really a spin but more of an oversteer ... no harm, just fun. Now I'm looking forward to C'bogie next (this) weekend where I will see Emre's Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 track car. Just hoping we get nice cooler temperatures for all 3 days.
Post Calabogie videos after you go. I've just come back from two days there - such an amazing track. What were your lap times last time?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #236
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Post Calabogie videos after you go. I've just come back from two days there - such an amazing track. What were your lap times last time?
Last year (in July) I was doing 2.32 (based on youtube)... still on dunlops street tires
But this year I will have a lighter helmet.

I think I can improve this weekend.

Was it your first visit?
It is quite amazing. We are lucky to have 4 great tracks close by.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #237
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Last year (in July) I was doing 2.32 (based on youtube)... still on dunlops street tires
But this year I will have a lighter helmet.

I think I can improve this weekend.

Was it your first visit?
It is quite amazing. We are lucky to have 4 great tracks close by.
Nice time! This was my second visit and I got 2:30.5 real and 2.29.2 best theoretical (combining pieces of 2 different laps). I may have done better in the second day, but my GPS logger battery died just before lunch, and I did not notice that. I'll post up some videos on the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #238
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Nice time! This was my second visit and I got 2:30.5 real and 2.29.2 best theoretical (combining pieces of 2 different laps). I may have done better in the second day, but my GPS logger battery died just before lunch, and I did not notice that. I'll post up some videos on the weekend.
Don't use theoritical laptime.. it just doesn't make sense in the real world. But your best lap is so close to your best "theoretical" so that says alot.

2.30 is great after two visits. This weekend will be my 4th visit on full track. I did one visit in May using short track.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #239
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Don't use theoretical laptime.. it just doesn't make sense in the real world. But your best lap is so close to your best "theoretical" so that says alot.

2.30 is great after two visits. This weekend will be my 4th visit on full track. I did one visit in May using short track.
Theoretical lap time is useful because of passing, especially on the track like Calabogie with limited passing zones - I often do not have a single lap without passing in a session, so best theoretical time for the session helps compare it to other sessions and see if there is progress. Another use for it is on a new to me tracks is that I can see how much time I am losing simply because I cannot maintain consistency. As you noted, usually the closer those two times are the better consistency is. Of course I would not claim that I actually ran the best theoretical time.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #240
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Which group is organizing the event? Already suffering withdrawl.
      07-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #241
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Which group is organizing the event? Already suffering withdrawl.
BMW CC Ottawa and Patroon. It's full.

But I'm still waiting your decision on 3 days Trillium event at Mosport early September (7 8 9)...

Last edited by Tonybest; 07-17-2012 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #242
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep

Hey a jockey here has a Tremblant private track day this Friday.

I think it's $600 or $700 for the entire day. Friends of his that track rented the track and split the cost between all drivers.

The jockey can't go because he got into a car accident. Do any of you want to go and take the day if it's around $600?

You can track ALL day there are no groups as there are only about 30 drivers total. All experienced. O beginners allowed and passing will be explained that day and where.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Appreciate 0