E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Chris_506 Progress Thread

05-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Chris_506 Progress Thread

UPDATES ON PAGES: 1,2,

Maybe i am a little late since i did get the car almost 7 months ago now but here goes a progress/build thread anyways.

Here is the first picture i ever took of her, right after i had left the dealership in Tampa FL... i like to think i got a decent deal at $14.5k with 96k and a 100k/5yr warranty.

and the VERY NEXT DAY the mod bug strikes! first thing i did was change my headlight bulbs to 10,000k bulbs which i happened to have laying around from a previous car i had sold.

then off to plastiddiping the wheels, i wanted to black out the car to the max and this seemed like a good reversible option so off i go..

The next thing I wanted to tackle was that awful sag a lot of BMWs have on the rear that makes the ride height disproportionate, therefore as the immediate solution I went with h&r race springs, however to obtain a raked look I started off with only adding the springs to the front and keeping the rear on stock suspension…this was the result.

I rode on those a few months until I decided I wanted MOAR low!! So I waited and waited and waited and finally found a decent set of coilovers at a decent price i went ahead and upgraded to swift springs and had the shocks rebuilt by the manufacturer in Florida, pulled the trigger on those and at the same time some DCIs and a JB4. Once it all came in I proceeded to install.

Ride comfort on BCs hasn't been bad thus far, height adjust-ability is amazing they go pretty high up and super low perfect for any application really.

Pretty Pleased with the results

I was always a fan of the csl trunk but couldn't really afford it at the time so i went with a spoiler and haven't really looked back, fitment was pretty good (not perfect) but i haven't looked back on it. It will stay on until i find a carbon fiber trunk at a decent price.

at this point i also went with 18mm spacers in the rear to give it a little more aggressiveness, h&r hubcentric trak spacers did the trick.

Plastidipped the window trims as well.

at this point this is where i was at

One with my beautiful wife

I was so happy with the way it looked until I came across pics of an e90 on here with copper style 95s and started thinking mmmmmm after some research I decided to start actively looking for a set looked for weeks with no luck, when a set finally came up for sale on here 1 set came up locally as well with some pretty stretched tires which served my purpose so I jumped all over those, i also then added an aero lip i essentially got for Free from eBay thanks to some eBay bucks I had accumulated (originally $87) fitment was just as good as any other cheap aero replica lip out there and this is what I came up with.

Only because Honda owners are the easiest to piss off

afterwards i felt as if the car didn't do the sticker justice, so i sold my 18mm spacers and picked up a set of 12mm ones to add some poke!

but...THE RUBBING BEGINS! so off to roll and pull some fenders.

I had also been contemplating a carbon fiber hood, mainly because of looks but after reading a little on how much weight you could shed and how it can help bring engine temperatures down a little by adding a vented hood. I did my research and got in contact with an acquaintance that works for one of the more reputable CF hood brands and he gave me the name of a seller on eBay that sold pretty much the same exact thing he advised me that a lot of this hoods with the exception of the more expensive ones are essentially the same, that in the range of $550-$850 you will be paying for the same exact quality and fitment in fact it would generally be the same hood, since I have been PM’d numerous times about the hood and where I got it from. I got the hood from a vendor on eBay called racing_guys the customer service and shipment was excellent but the quality and the price was the best thing I was able to do some comparing locally with a few aftermarket e90/e92 hoods and we came to the conclusion that fitment was spot on, it fit about 95% as good as OEM and brands like Vorsteiner.
It will take playing with and adjusting for a little bit but once you get it right you will be pleased, I also took off the spring on the main latch and the rubber stoppers under the hood to make it more flush on the front end however I would add these back later on when I took my front end apart to re-arrange it.

MORE PICS HERE

AFTER PAINT

After my fell victim of a vehicular assault by an old lady outside of petsmart casing it to have a bruised bumper and a cracked fender I decided that the right thing to do would be re paint the whole front end as well as the roof which had slight sun burnt :/

Paint came out better then I could ever ask and I got a steal of a deal with the work done, HOWEVER I will note the fitment putting it all back together was pretty crappy with gaps between the replaced fender and headlight and fender/door, there was also a HUGE gap between my hood and my bumper. So after a 12hr work day I took it upon myself when I got home last night to take off fenders hood and bumper and have a re-fitting party that would last until late hours of the evening (3am) this morning I was pleased with the results, the fitment is now again spot on and the paint is nice and shiny.

Sorry for the last few pics but this is all I could snap last night with limited light, I will have some more on the broad daylight today and my apologize for not being thorough on some of the progress made but I typed this up at work, next updates will be more detailed and reviewed however if you have any questions about my mods do feel free to ask, thanks for reading!

Last edited by Chris_506; 11-06-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

will have current pics of the car in the daylight today!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
e'sbimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i e90

Looks sick! I wish they made that hood for the e90.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Very nice! I like the way the wheels look when filthy. Get them painted gunmetal/graphite!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
napeHbNYC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e60 550i RWD 6MT

What happened with that cel spoiler? Car looks great
      05-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Awesome man, cool to see the progress up to when I first saw your ride.

You've been busy the past 7 months!!!
      05-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
maxzero
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12.E93.M3

car look good
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

your 3er looks great, nice job with all the mods!!

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

I can't keep up with all the threads you start now. Lol.

Looks good just like the past thread :

What plans do you have now?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
As soon as you threw those style 95's up there I was like
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #11
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

I was scrolling through, thinking damn another blacked out cheap plasti dip bmw. But then towards the end it started to get better. The 95s look great on your ride.
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #12
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
very nice, im diggin the 7 series wheels!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #13
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Lol @ the guy in the del sol who's pulled over in the pic with your wife.

Clean ride, M-tech front though
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #14
VantageVIPevents
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

hey so just got that hood! and actually customer service for some reason was horrible but the hood fit perfect!!! thanks for that, all thanks to you i have it
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #15
UltimateDM
UltimateDM
Armenia
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i MT

great looking car my friend! ever thought of powdercoating those 95s?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e'sbimmer View Post
Looks sick! I wish they made that hood for the e90.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Very nice! I like the way the wheels look when filthy. Get them painted gunmetal/graphite!
Not a bad thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by napeHbNYC View Post
What happened with that cel spoiler? Car looks great
Still on there ;p;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
Awesome man, cool to see the progress up to when I first saw your ride.

You've been busy the past 7 months!!!
I wont lie yes I have been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxzero View Post
car look good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
your 3er looks great, nice job with all the mods!!
Thank you fellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
I can't keep up with all the threads you start now. Lol.

Looks good just like the past thread :

What plans do you have now?
Something that might make you happy on the inside, im swapping rear spacers from 12mm to 15mm and adding 7mm ones to the front the playing a bit with the camber and height to see what I come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
As soon as you threw those style 95's up there I was like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS15 View Post
I was scrolling through, thinking damn another blacked out cheap plasti dip bmw. But then towards the end it started to get better. The 95s look great on your ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
very nice, im diggin the 7 series wheels!
Thanks you gentleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Lol @ the guy in the del sol who's pulled over in the pic with your wife.

I never noticed that lol but I doubt he was pulled over, that’s the second floor parking lot of a mall

Clean ride, M-tech front though
I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VantageVIPevents View Post
hey so just got that hood! and actually customer service for some reason was horrible but the hood fit perfect!!! thanks for that, all thanks to you i have it
I am very glad I could help you and the many other members who PMd me, any questions feel free to ask. Enjoy it, I have a feeling here soon we will be seeing a lot of these hoods around here. I should be making profit from the vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDM View Post
great looking car my friend! ever thought of powdercoating those 95s?
Ive thought about dipping them to see if I will like it so in case I don’t is reversible, but idk people seem to love them as is, get compliments EVERYDAY in the streets and like they say, if it aint wrong…why fix it
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Haha. You know it will dude. I was waiting for an update like that since we talked. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Ive thought about dipping them to see if I will like it so in case I don’t is reversible, but idk people seem to love them as is, get compliments EVERYDAY in the streets and like they say, if it aint wrong…why fix it
I personally like them how they are, I think if they were a darker color it wouldn't stand out as much/show the sweet concave on em'
      05-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #19
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Few pics from today at the bmw dealership.

courtesy of my samsung galaxy s4

Last edited by Chris_506; 05-18-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #20
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D Half-LCI

Very nice progress. Car looks awesome. What's your final wheel specs going to be? couldn't keep up your spacer changes
      05-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #21
VantageVIPevents
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey how are you middle lights so bright?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #22
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
Very nice progress. Car looks awesome. What's your final wheel specs going to be? couldn't keep up your spacer changes
I already put on the 15mm spacers on the rear so the rear is at ET24 and front is still at ET24(soon to be 17)

I might even go with 18mms on the rear now I still got room to play at this height

Quote:
Originally Posted by VantageVIPevents View Post
Hey how are you middle lights so bright?
Not sure. Maybe because it was raining so it was a little over casted

they are bright but nothing crazy. They are dtechs

Last edited by Chris_506; 05-21-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0