E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > NFL Football... Let's talk about it.

01-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #331
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Falcons have no defense... I can't even name one player on that defense. I can name at least 5 on all of the defenses that remain in the playoffs. GB is not unstoppable. They just got into the playoffs.
agreed, you give any qb time to throw the ball, they can put it where it needs to be! You put GB up against James Harrison and the Steel Curtain anything can happen! All we need to do is pressure him and he pitches the ball out of bounds or wails it off the turf 6' in front of him!!

I pick GB / Steelers in the SB and Steelers will prevail!

Last edited by SpmnE9zero; 01-19-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #332
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Falcons have no defense... I can't even name one player on that defense. I can name at least 5 on all of the defenses that remain in the playoffs. GB is not unstoppable. They just got into the playoffs.
John Abraham? probably the most underrated DE in the league. He's a good player. Johnathan Babineaux. Peria Jerry. (I only know him b/c i wanted the colts to draft a couple years ago...) Dunta Robinson. Used to play for the Texans. good corner. They've got a good enough defense, but i know what you mean...

You're right they did just get into the playoffs...but now they've beaten 2 division winners and have a road game against a team they know SO well (and hate). They're not a team who's never played in the snow or wind. It's nothing new to them. They've got a ton of momentum and motivation coming off the Atlanta win.

HONESTLY tell me who's a better team left?
      01-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #333
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
John Abraham? probably the most underrated DE in the league. He's a good player. Johnathan Babineaux. Peria Jerry. (I only know him b/c i wanted the colts to draft a couple years ago...) Dunta Robinson. Used to play for the Texans. good corner. They've got a good enough defense, but i know what you mean...

You're right they did just get into the playoffs...but now they've beaten 2 division winners and have a road game against a team they know SO well (and hate). They're not a team who's never played in the snow or wind. It's nothing new to them. They've got a ton of momentum and motivation coming off the Atlanta win.

I guess we will find out soon enough!

BTW it isnt all about who is the better team, it is about experience, perseverance, time management, and more importantly being able to take a teams heart, there isnt a better team in the league at this then the Steelers.
      01-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #334
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:

Well... when you are comparing the teams to GB...

Steelers 12-4
Bears 11-5
Jets 11-5

Let's be honest. Those three teams right there are 1, 2, and 3 in Rush defense. They are head and shoulders better than the Falcons or the Eagles (10 and 15 respectively).

As good as those LBs are, GB is 18th in the league in Rush Defense. Honestly, I think Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. I love him in fantasy leagues. But they are not winning the Super Bowl. I would be very surprised if they make it out of the NFC Championship.
      01-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #335
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
To be honest.... it is no secret, it takes defense and running to win games!
Pittsburgh has both, GB has neither!
Bad match up, both great teams, but Pittsburgh can reveal all their weaknesses.
      01-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #336
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Dick LeBeau is a big difference maker! It will be a sad day when he leaves the league!
      01-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #337
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
Go take a look at the last game between the Jets and the Steelers. i would be a bit worried. The only big change is Polamalu and while I think he is a great player, he can be schemed right out of the game. Jets beat you guys in your place. That doesn't happen a lot.
      01-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #338
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well... when you are comparing the teams to GB...

Steelers 12-4
Bears 11-5
Jets 11-5

Let's be honest. Those three teams right there are 1, 2, and 3 in Rush defense. They are head and shoulders better than the Falcons or the Eagles (10 and 15 respectively).

As good as those LBs are, GB is 18th in the league in Rush Defense. Honestly, I think Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. I love him in fantasy leagues. But they are not winning the Super Bowl. I would be very surprised if they make it out of the NFC Championship.
and Matt Forte was 15th on the rushing list...hmm kinda negates your argument there.

The Packers beat the Bears to get into the playoffs in the last game. So if the Bears are SO great, they should've won that game. what were the stats for that game? Cutler was sacked 6 times? 2 picks? 3 points?

All i'm saying is it's going to be a great game with the Packers coming out ahead. They will expose the Bears for the losers they are once and for all. They contained Vick and McCoy. They shut down Turner. I think they can handle Matt Forte.

Super Bowl is a different story though. If they play the Jets, Pack wins easily IMO. the Jets are a good defensive team with a decent running game and a scrub QB. If it's the Steelers then that will be a great game, one for the ages. I'm not so confident against Pitt, but I think they could pull it off. Funnier things have happened...
      01-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #339
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Go take a look at the last game between the Jets and the Steelers. i would be a bit worried. The only big change is Polamalu and while I think he is a great player, he can be schemed right out of the game. Jets beat you guys in your place. That doesn't happen a lot.
Steelers were also missing half of their roster including a big part of it in Heath Miller! Steelers had numerous dropped balls by Spaith that would have gone for 3rd down conversions, not to mention all of our linemen who were out and being replaced by 2nd AND 3RD stringers!!!! Aaron Smith is still out! Lets face it, Steelers had everything including the ref's against them this year and we are still 2nd seed!

I hope to God Jets come in here thinking it will all go the same! I really do hope so!

They have some steam coming with them from their previous two wins, but lets face it, the reality is, they aren't in the same league as the Steelers.

Troy makes a bigger difference in a game than one could imagine!
      01-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #340
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
and Matt Forte was 15th on the rushing list...hmm kinda negates your argument there.

The Packers beat the Bears to get into the playoffs in the last game. So if the Bears are SO great, they should've won that game. what were the stats for that game? Cutler was sacked 6 times? 2 picks? 3 points?

All i'm saying is it's going to be a great game with the Packers coming out ahead. They will expose the Bears for the losers they are once and for all. They contained Vick and McCoy. They shut down Turner. I think they can handle Matt Forte.

Super Bowl is a different story though. If they play the Jets, Pack wins easily IMO. the Jets are a good defensive team with a decent running game and a scrub QB. If it's the Steelers then that will be a great game, one for the ages. I'm not so confident against Pitt, but I think they could pull it off. Funnier things have happened...
sure have, think about it.... Steelers were a 6 seed last time they won! You really never can tell, you have to be able to rely on your running and defense in a game of this nature!
      01-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #341
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
GB has neither? so Starks DIDN'T rush for 123 yards against the Eagles? huh...coulda sworn...oh wait. They're a pass first offense with probably the second best scrambling QB in the league.

Sure they have 18th rush defense. but 5th pass defense and tied for second most sacks with 47 only behind Pittsburgh at 48, second in picks (24) only behind NE with 25? Second scoring defense only behind Pittsburgh? hmm...I'd say GB has zero defense too...
      01-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #342
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
GB has neither? so Starks DIDN'T rush for 123 yards against the Eagles? huh...coulda sworn...oh wait. They're a pass first offense with probably the second best scrambling QB in the league.

Sure they have 18th rush defense. but 5th pass defense and tied for second most sacks with 47 only behind Pittsburgh at 48, second in picks (24) only behind NE with 25? Second scoring defense only behind Pittsburgh? hmm...I'd say GB has zero defense too...
I would agree with that! j/k j/k
If you read what you wrote everything is behind Pittsburgh including your comment about 2nd best scrambling QB, No doubt it will be epic, but at the end of the day I got faith in Pitt!
      01-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #343
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sure have, think about it.... Steelers were a 6 seed last time they won! You really never can tell, you have to be able to rely on your running and defense in a game of this nature!
and the pack is 6th this year. haha! Really though It's going to be an awesome weekend full of beer, wings and football. I'm a Colts fan but GB is my second favorite team. was HOPING, but too many injuries (among other things) for us this year. ANyone want Bob Sanders? lol
      01-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #344
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would agree with that! j/k j/k
If you read what you wrote everything is behind Pittsburgh including your comment about 2nd best scrambling QB, No doubt it will be epic, but at the end of the day I got faith in Pitt!
i was referring to Vick as #1 scrambling QB...Big Ben scrambles more side to side to keep the pass game alive, where Rodgers runs forward. It's a toss-up really with those two.

Man, if the season were played on paper, Indy would win every year! LMAO!
      01-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #345
coco savage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW made them

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect View Post

I love how people will resort to calling Tom gay, it only proves that nothing can be said to knock how great of a player he is. People get frustrated with that and just throw out childish name calling.

The Jets were the better team that day. Any given Sunday, it's what makes this game so great. You win some and you lose some. But as long as we still have the greatest QB and Coach in the NFL we'll be back again for sure.

i never called him gay......if you noticed my entire reply was comments on all your smug replies to older posts in this thread.

he is a great qb but its pretty funny to watch you post when you thought the win was a lock.

At least you man'd up and admitting the jets were a better team that day.
      01-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #346
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
and the pack is 6th this year. haha! Really though It's going to be an awesome weekend full of beer, wings and football. I'm a Colts fan but GB is my second favorite team. was HOPING, but too many injuries (among other things) for us this year. ANyone want Bob Sanders? lol
Lmao!
I hear ya man, going to be great whoever is in it, lots of BS talk in here, but no one knows what is going to happen until it does.
I loved this year because it was loaded with upsets, you never knew who was going to win!
I am already looking forward to next season!
Watch out Steelers going to come out with a bangen Pass offense!
      01-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #347
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lmao!
I hear ya man, going to be great whoever is in it, lots of BS talk in here, but no one knows what is going to happen until it does.
I loved this year because it was loaded with upsets, you never knew who was going to win!
I am already looking forward to next season!
Watch out Steelers going to come out with a bangen Pass offense!
I just hope there IS a next season!!!! Super Bowl in INDY!! I don't care who's in I'm going!

Yeah this year was CRAZY. St louis doing well (for being in the West ), Houston beat us first game this year, Cowboys falling on their faces (which I LOVED), Pittsburgh winning 3 w/o Ben, KC winning their division...man. GREAT year of football.

Terrible for fantasy though...at least for me. haha
      01-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #348
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

What up Packers?!

Now if I could only get to the super bowl myself...
      01-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #349
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Jets is goin' down.

Unless Pitt really pooches the 2nd half.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #350
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

The pooching has begun.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #351
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Damn, Big Ben has hookers and blow on his mind too much I think. Can't handle the snap for shit this half....
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #352
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Damn, Big Ben has hookers and blow on his mind too much I think. Can't handle the snap for shit this half....
Didn't they lose their starting center early in the game?

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0