E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

06-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #4093
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl123 View Post
I am looking to buy a cable and found this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-INPA-Edi...26ea00&vxp=mtr on ebay and would like to know if it will work to code my e60 bmw. Also i wanted to use my laptop to do the coding but when i go into device managers i dont see any ports, i dont have a com1 port on my laptop is there a way to figure something out or do i have to find a computer with a com1 port?? Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk View Post
from what I see, the link you posted, it's a USB cable
It has a built-in USB to serial adapter. You need the drivers. Read the first post - I think it discusses this (or see the CD that cme ith your cable).
      06-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #4094
dl123
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Frozen Silver M3

Ok so this cable off ebay will work for coding my e60, right??
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #4095
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl123 View Post
Ok so this cable off ebay will work for coding my e60, right??
It says it is the correct specs, but there's no guarantee that the cheap sweat-shop Chinese cables are actually going to work as they usually have little or no quality control or testing. Try it if you're willing to risk it. You'll wait 15-20 days to get it from Hong Kong, then another 15-20 days to ship it back if it doesn't work and hope the replacement they send you works, or just pay the little bit extra for a known good working tested and guaranteed cable like the one from One-Stop:

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/shop/
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #4096
mattdufrene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sapphire Black - M Sport

Garage List
Have a 2012 335 and want to be able to play DVD in motion. Anyone able to do this?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #4097
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

^E series or F series? Yes it can be done with coding.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #4098
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Hello my friends this post is toooo llooongg for me to read since im at work , has anyone done the same for the E90 platform, Sorry if i am intruding here since I am a DIESEL guy. Anyone can give me info on this please. I would love to be able to have the Sunroof close by itself using the rainsensor when its rains here in Puerto Rico!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #4099
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Hello my friends this post is toooo llooongg for me to read since im at work , has anyone done the same for the E90 platform, Sorry if i am intruding here since I am a DIESEL guy. Anyone can give me info on this please. I would love to be able to have the Sunroof close by itself using the rainsensor when its rains here in Puerto Rico!!!
yes
      06-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #4100
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Pretty much this entire thread focuses on the E9x platform. However, be advised of two things about the auto-close the sunroof option: 1) The car has to be on and the rain sensor has to be turned on for it to work (i.e. it won't close the sunroof if it rains while your car is parked), and 2) Once the sunroof closes due to rain detection, it won't open again until you turn the engine off and back on again, so driving through a sprinkler might be irritating.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #4101
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

@jphughan you screwed up my wet dream!! LOL, hopefully SOMEONE will be able to have this code done and believe me you PEOPLE will want it!!! BADLY!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #4102
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
You just missed 187 pages of this thread...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #4103
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Pretty much this entire thread focuses on the E9x platform. However, be advised of two things about the auto-close the sunroof option: 1) The car has to be on and the rain sensor has to be turned on for it to work (i.e. it won't close the sunroof if it rains while your car is parked), and 2) Once the sunroof closes due to rain detection, it won't open again until you turn the engine off and back on again, so driving through a sprinkler might be irritating.
^ Exactly ^

Which make this option useless and a waste of time - why would I need the sunroof to close when it starts to rain if I have to be in the car with it ON for this feature to work - just reach up and close it yourself...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #4104
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectalItching View Post
i followed the DIY step by step but once i get to starting INPA with ignition on,engine off i cant get the two black dots to work for my air bag test. im afraid my cable isnt recognized thru usb. is this the case? if i try to scan the airbag anyway i get the "data transmission to interface disturbed" message. can i continue anyway with coding as stated in other case?

Also my advanced com port settings looks different. there isnt a latency setting, just the FIFI buffers box and receive/transmit buffer, which ive set to one

any advice?
I didn't initially get the filled in black dots either. I bought the onestopelectronics cable and it does not come with instructions or a driver. I looked (again) and their website and found the link to download a "VSP" driver for it. Then I plugged in the cable to my laptop and ran the driver. That created a new port on my laptop and the laptop said it now recognized the new hardware. I had to set the new port to be "COM1", redesignating another port that was already "COM1" in device manager. The latency setting was in the dialogue box in device manager when I clicked on the advanced settings. I now have the two black dots but INPA isn't running right, possibly a problem with that software I downloaded from a website other than "rapidshare" (which macafee doesn't like). I haven't tried NCSEXPERT yet but may tonight - I just got the black dots last night.

Jim
      06-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #4105
patrickkc
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E63S , C63 , Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m3japan View Post
if the above ones don't work try these also

LED_BLINKER_VORNE
nicht_aktiv
SIDEMARKER_US_MIT_FRA_V
nicht_aktiv
SL_FKT_MIT_POL
nicht_aktiv
PWM_POL
wert_04
PWM_POL_BEI_AKTIVEN_AL
wert_04
PWM_POL_BEI_AKTIVEN_FL
wert_04
WL_POL_3R
nicht_aktiv

PWM_FRA_V_FKT_SIDEMARKER
wrt_01 -> wrt_04
I have tried most, if not all of them. those leds just won't turn off!!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #4106
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 06 e90 325xi

Garage List
Hey maybe someone in here can help me out here...

Is it possible for me to mess something up on my e82, to slow the car down, playing with inpa... I got a vbox and started testing, i was consistantly around 10.0s on my stretch of road I use with little to no slope, and with the vbox it makes you wonder what you can do to speed things up...

So, i got the cable to code injectors, and used the DIY and went to the injectors through the msd80 e90 window in INPA and was able to see the values. I re entered all the values as a few were .01 or .02 off, I than played with a few tests but didnt do anything that i would think would mess with the car. And dont remember exactly what I did though but it wasnt much, I just did one test, not sure which but than stopped it mid cycle...

Now that was late at night, since than my car is about 1 FULL SECOND slower 60-130 and it started the very next day.. now this could be a coincidence but I am not sure..

Could I of messed with my ecu? Was is incorrect to select e90 than n54 engine than do coding process for my e82? and it said msd80 and i may have msd81 .... Sorry for these newb type questions and you may think i am crazy but these are all facts and i have been dumbfounded sine, and changed plugs, hp fuel sensor, vac lines, checked for boost leaks, etc... went absolutely crazy 29+ times since and its still slow, and it started im pretty sure when i coded or tried to code the injectors...

and i have checked sine and the values come up correct, i even reset them, started the car and it was rough and instant codes thrown, recoded the values and it was fine, so im dumbfounded, Im thinking i did something elsewhere in the menus....

Is there any way I can reset everything i have done? If so, how? I can have bmw do whatever to as i have friends there but when i ask them these things they look at me like im crazy because they really only know there way of doing things...

SORRY for so much typing but I really need advice , one way or the other... thanks!
      07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #4107
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickkc View Post
I have tried most, if not all of them. those leds just won't turn off!!
Hey man, what car are you trying to do this on?
A buddy came by today and said he tried everything listed and couldn't get his LED's to shutoff, I managed to get them off for him, but I'm not really sure what it was that worked for him since I kind of just went crazy and tried everything I could think of all at once.

When I have more free time I am going to change each value back to what it was before I edited them so that I can figure out which line it was that actually worked.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #4108
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

I made some changes on frm and it seemed to go through with no errors, but none of the changes i did on the man file actually remained and it reverted back to the trc file.

It occurred to me that i was using the vanilla "expert" profile and not the "PWA FPW MAN" profile that was made at the beginning of the guide. Could this be the problem? (Was using the expert profile to make VO changes for halogen to xenon and that seemed to work fine)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #4109
patrickkc
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E63S , C63 , Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Hey man, what car are you trying to do this on?
A buddy came by today and said he tried everything listed and couldn't get his LED's to shutoff, I managed to get them off for him, but I'm not really sure what it was that worked for him since I kind of just went crazy and tried everything I could think of all at once.

When I have more free time I am going to change each value back to what it was before I edited them so that I can figure out which line it was that actually worked.
It would be a 2011 335is. If you buddy has an LCI coupe and you have managed to turn off those 3 leds, that would be amazing. Do you have the TRC/MAN file? If you upload it, I can compare it to see which ones worked.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #4110
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
I made some changes on frm and it seemed to go through with no errors, but none of the changes i did on the man file actually remained and it reverted back to the trc file.

It occurred to me that i was using the vanilla "expert" profile and not the "PWA FPW MAN" profile that was made at the beginning of the guide. Could this be the problem? (Was using the expert profile to make VO changes for halogen to xenon and that seemed to work fine)
Quoting myself, great. Maybe I'll even start talking about myself in the third person. Anyway, that's all it was...using a profile that isn't set-up to do what was needed. Did everything over using the PWA FPW MAN profile as instructed and everything worked out great.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #4111
RectalItching
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

top hi-fi to hi-fi recode

i officially now have HI FI audio signal

i mentioned that i looked at my VO list and i had 662 Business cd. THATS what was giving me a 1RAD module. So i took a chance and deleted it and added pPofessional cd and 2URAD came up. continued from the DIY and no errors. i turned on radio and no EQ settings as expected and no sound output. i think when the shop tried coding HI FI maybe they switched this VO as well, thinking they had to step down the head unit module as well. So maybe my case was unique in that i didnt already have 2URAD. anyway, this is the solution

again, u also have to delete 677 and add 676 to the VO. in most cases this is the only necessary VO change

thanks to everyone for their help with software issues and other input
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #4112
3V0M
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCi

Where can I find the latest version of INPA that is not infected with viruses? Most of the websites my Antivirus is blocking.
I've got v5.02, but its not compatible with the E81/87.
I've seen "How to" videos on Youtube. I noticed they got v5.03 for the E81/87.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #4113
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

i have a 2011 december 335 in the uk, im after 2 things, to have the speed displayed in the led display and the gear numbers when in D. it works when in DS (sport) mode but i want it when just in D, can this be done thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #4114
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep
Drives: Awesomeness

Well im jumping into this and trying to learn how to code. So my firtst question is, are people having any problems using this on windows 7 64bit? I know when I code my Fiero I have to use windows 98 because it wont work with anything else.

Thanks
Appreciate 0