E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Wierd situation with bluetooth iDrive...iPhone users chime in please!

01-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
FAM3
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

Wierd situation with bluetooth iDrive...iPhone users chime in please!

So I set up my bluetooth in my new 3 series with iDrive. My friend also has basically the same car but a 2011 model.

In his car when his iphone is connected it shows all the recieved calls/missed calls and when you search for a name it pops/sorts out between all contacts by the letters you select on screen.

BUT in my car with my iphone none of the above happens. I try to search for names and when I press a letter to narrow a search for a contact nothing changes on screen. No recieved calls or missed calls either.

I was curious if it was the car or the phone so I took my fathers iphone (same as mine iPhone 4s with same update) and it worked PERFECTLY! Any ideas what could be wrong?

I am sure many of you will be like "your phone is the problem" and the only reason I doubt my phone is the problem is because I LITERALLY replaced it last week for a new one.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Cgmiller63
Cgmiller63
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M40

Could it be the settings on your phone?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

What carrier? Are both phones the same carrier?

Check your BT profile and ensure that you have phonebook transfer enabled. It IS your phone but it is most likely a setting on your phone. Have you tried re-pairing your phone?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
FAM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
What carrier? Are both phones the same carrier?

Check your BT profile and ensure that you have phonebook transfer enabled. It IS your phone but it is most likely a setting on your phone. Have you tried re-pairing your phone?
Both phones are Verizon so I know for a fact that it is not a carrier problem.

My BT profile/settings are all perfect. "Sync Contacts" is enabled if thats what you mean by phonebook transfer. The phonebook even shows up on iDrive it is the searching that messes up. I have disconnected and repaired numerous times.

Some people were saying it could be because my contacts are syncd through iCloud but apparently i really do not think so since I know other people syncd like this.

Also people saying gmail accounts are through Microsoft xchange set to PUSH and I was like...HOW DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxy View Post
Both phones are Verizon so I know for a fact that it is not a carrier problem.

My BT profile/settings are all perfect. "Sync Contacts" is enabled if thats what you mean by phonebook transfer. The phonebook even shows up on iDrive it is the searching that messes up. I have disconnected and repaired numerous times.

Some people were saying it could be because my contacts are syncd through iCloud but apparently i really do not think so since I know other people syncd like this.

Also people saying gmail accounts are through Microsoft xchange set to PUSH and I was like...HOW DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?
Very peculiar. I asume that you've reset your iPhone too?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
FAM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Very peculiar. I asume that you've reset your iPhone too?
Yes I have!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
mo335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport EB II

I have experienced something similar. My wife and I both have a iphone 4. We have a 2011 335is and a 2011 335i M-sport. Both have iDrive and both our phones work perfectly with the 335i M-Sport. However, when in the 335is the phones pair and connect but the contacts never transfer. The little wheel on the screen spins endlessly and the screen says transferring but never does. We can make calls but can not access our contacts. Will be taking the car in next week to get it resolved if I can not figure it out this weekend. All this happened about a week ago. Everything worked perfectly prior to this.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
FAM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo335i View Post
I have experienced something similar. My wife and I both have a iphone 4. We have a 2011 335is and a 2011 335i M-sport. Both have iDrive and both our phones work perfectly with the 335i M-Sport. However, when in the 335is the phones pair and connect but the contacts never transfer. The little wheel on the screen spins endlessly and the screen says transferring but never does. We can make calls but can not access our contacts. Will be taking the car in next week to get it resolved if I can not figure it out this weekend. All this happened about a week ago. Everything worked perfectly prior to this.
Well my contacts transfer and I can see the redial list and whatnot but I just literally cannot search through contacts. IT IS SO ANNOYING! I do not understand how my fathers phone works perfectly we have the EXACT same settings.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
FAM3
Major
Rep

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! Alright so the iPhone 4s brought along STANDARD emoji option unlike before in 4 and below you would download an emoji app. So since it was standard I started using some emojis on my contacts which I guess BMW search could not recognize.

Once I took off all the emojis in my contacts it worked PERFECTLY! Just stating my solution for the next person who needs help with this problem! My fathers phone had no Emojis on contacts so that is why his worked.

Appreciate 0