E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shift Sector Single Turbo Vids?

11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #221
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #222
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
After all the relentless pre-run hype the lack of info & vids speaks volumes.
+1,000,000

It's very clear that these kits are not performing as expected. I'm surprised people actually buy them.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #223
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Here's an idea, you could buy the kit and go to the track with it, record as many quarter mile runs as you want, back then up on vbox, go so some 60-130's back that up with vbox, shoot a bunch of videos of you racing friends and other high horsepower cars. Until then, you will just have to wait until someone who is generous enough to do so with their time posts said things, complain all you want, but I'm sure the guys who have actually purchased the kit are having a lot of fun in their cars.

It's one thing to ask for something, it's another thing to demand or complain the lack of something that doesn't even need to be produced by the end user in the first place.

Yeah it is helpful for the community, and would speak worlds, but people really need to calm down. If you're so anxious, just go buy the kit, stop the whining.
No where does it state that any owner of a single turbo kit must oblige to every request found on the Internet.
Maybe we want to buy the kit, but just want to see proof of performance first. Dropping 10k on a ST kit based on a vendors results is, well, not a very smart move in my opinion, especially given that vendors shady past.
I understand completely, I just don't think that it's fair to those who have already dumped the money to be hassled to provide data, I'm all for the extra data because that will tell us what we need to see.

Just give these guys a break, It's winter and holiday time, with time data will come I'm sure of it. FBIS has already provided a nice amount of data, it might not be what everyone was hoping to see, but he went out of his way to put that review together for the community, not for himself

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #224
zeel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
I understand completely, I just don't think that it's fair to those who have already dumped the money to be hassled to provide data, I'm all for the extra data because that will tell us what we need to see.

Just give these guys a break, It's winter and holiday time, with time data will come I'm sure of it. FBIS has already provided a nice amount of data, it might not be what everyone was hoping to see, but he went out of his way to put that review together for the community, not for himself
A lot of these guys had the kit during the summer. Please no holiday or winter excuses. These kits would sell like hotcakes if there were multiple customers posting timeslips or 60-130 data or even roll on runs with other high hp cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #225
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
After all the relentless pre-run hype the lack of info & vids speaks volumes.
+1,000,000

It's very clear that these kits are not performing as expected. I'm surprised people actually buy them.
Every 6mt with a big single I've seen have put down about the same numbers of ~650whp, seems pretty consistent to me :

It's the AT's that are having some problems with the tranny, RB guys are having those same problems, so the kit is performing as well as thought to be.... Or are you seeing something I'm not?

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #226
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
+1,000,000

The 6AT guys have some issues on the drag strip, but that goes for the upgraded twin cars as well.

My car has performed amazingly thus far.

Trying to make yourself feel better about not having a single?
      11-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #227
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
Maybe we want to buy the kit, but just want to see proof of performance first. Dropping 10k on a ST kit based on a vendors results is, well, not a very smart move in my opinion, especially given that vendors shady past.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #228
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Why is everyone hating so hard? If you dont think the single turbo is all it's cracked up to be nobody is forcing you to buy it. There are plenty of dyno's and 3rd party dyno's from customers.

If you have the understanding of how engines and turbo's work, you will undoubtedly realize the car makes the power it's claimed to make.

If you want the power, buy the kit.

It's a single turbo just like any other, off the shelf. The plumbing is sound, and so is the tune.

In regards to AT, well that's a flaw in the platform, not the single turbo. The turbo kit works, the platform in other areas may need work. However, what can you expect. The 335i was never intended to push this sort of power, lets be real.

Vishnu just posted pictures on their facebook and in the works of editing footage, I think people don't realize there are other things going on besides posting videos on E90, just so people can bash some more.... LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #229
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeel
Quote:

A lot of these guys had the kit during the summer. Please no holiday or winter excuses. These kits would sell like hotcakes if there were multiple customers posting timeslips or 60-130 data or even roll on runs with other high hp cars.
Again, I agree with you completely, I'm not arguing with those facts, I'm just stating its up to the owner if they want to go out of their way to do those things, we can't get mad at guys because they are doing something else instead of sufficing our needs.

I want to be clear that I would love to see vids and quarter mile slips and 60-130 times lol, I come on the site everyday looking for them! Just giving my $.02

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #230
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions
Why is everyone hating so hard? If you dont think the single turbo is all it's cracked up to be nobody is forcing you to buy it. There are plenty of dyno's and 3rd party dyno's and customers dyno's.

If you have the understanding of who engines and turbo's work, you will undoubtly realize the car makes the power it's claimed to make.

If you want the power, buy the kit.

It's a single turbo just like any other, off the shelf, the plumbing is sound, and so is the tune.

Vishnu just posted pictures on their facebook and in the works of editing footage, I think people don't realize their are other things going on besides posting videos on E90, just so people can bash so more.... LOL
+10000000000000

I'm glad someone sees what I'm seeing

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #231
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

vishnu also posted an interesting picture on their facebook a couple weeks ago that i don't think anyone mentioned or speculated about on the forums. I'll let others go on there and figure it out. When things go quiet for a while, big things are announced.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #232
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Every 6mt with a big single I've seen have put down about the same numbers of ~650whp, seems pretty consistent to me :

It's the AT's that are having some problems with the tranny, RB guys are having those same problems, so the kit is performing as well as thought to be.... Or are you seeing something I'm not?
They just want definitive proof before they buy? I don't need it since I've got the power between my legs

They don't trust Shiv's 1/4 mile or 60-130 times and independent dynos are not enough.

Are you guys actually thinking about buying the kit or are you just trolls?

Over time, more information will come out as customers drive their cars. If there's not enough info for you to decide now, ask someone for a ride.
      11-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #233
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon
vishnu also posted an interesting picture on their facebook a couple weeks ago that i don't think anyone mentioned or speculated about on the forums. I'll let others go on there and figure it out. When things go quiet for a while, big things are announced.
Ohhh you just wait I've seen it in person, and shiv used the event to test it out, you all will be very happy once he announces his piece.

Shiv does a lot for the platform, more so than some may believe, when he is silent, it is for good reasons

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #234
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ohhh you just wait I've seen it in person, and shiv used the event to test it out, you all will be very happy once he announces his piece.

Shiv does a lot for the platform, more so than some may believe, when he is silent, it is for good reasons

pretty sure Shiv has learned his lesson about wasting time dealing with trolls on here. Silence is a GOOD thing, the elves are hard at work.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #235
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+10000000000000

I'm glad someone sees what I'm seeing
E90 is an interesting community. I've been on a lot of forums in the past 10 or so years. This is the only one that constantly bashes the performance industries that are here day in and day out improving the platform.

Now, if this were a Supra forum, and some new company came in, and they expected some results cause there are 20 other turbo kit options, fine, but, last I checked there is only 1 company with a successful turbo kit.

HPF was another company that was willing to put money in this platform and the community bashed every thread. Why would they waste time on a community like this? I know I wouldnt.

The way I see it, I think people need to put on their big boy pants, show a little maturity and respect. We are all on the same team here. IF you want improvements on the platform, wait for them, and help each other.

If you are just going to troll the forums with blind accusations, stirring up rumors, and guessing what is going on with no clue, then you will inevitably slow down the people that are trying to improve your platform.

Historically, from what I've seen, it doesn't matter what you post on forums as far as "results". There is always someone ready to knit pick at the details, or, split hairs.

For the people not walking around with blinders, you know the kit works. For the people that have the kit, they love it. I know, I've talked to many of them. I think for most people on the fence the problem is the unknown. They probably just wish more people had it locally so they can find out all the pros and cons. See the flaws, see the sacrifices, and see the reliability. All of which is understandable.

For anyone questioning its power, let's be real, there is a plethora of information out their.

What good is some video, on air strip, with a mis shift, or a late start, or tire spin, or perhaps a problem (outside of the turbo kit itself).

Sorry for the rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Always true.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #236
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:

I was jumped on way back when due to my comments that the ST would not be compatible with a stock drive train & that the cost of those components/modifications should be factored in to the on street/track price. The $8800 whatever could not put a reliable car on the street

I was told I was clueless & there might be some issues from a dig but not from a roll. So far the from a roll results with stock drive train components does not look to good.

Bottom line is the kit is not performing well off the dyno & in real life. You can generate all the power you want but if its not usable in the car its nothing more then a parking lot bragging point.

The fact that the ST’s that showed up for the airport run spent the weekend for the most part getting debugged by the vendor strongly suggests these cars were turned loose on the users without having been fully tested.

Be interesting to know when the AT issue was discovered & how many AT kits were sold after that find.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #237
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

they should have gotten 6MT to begin with... i don't know how anyone can drive these cars with an auto. so boring
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #238
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Quote:

I was jumped on way back when due to my comments that the ST would not be compatible with a stock drive train & that the cost of those components/modifications should be factored in to the on street/track price. The $8800 whatever could not put a reliable car on the street

I was told I was clueless & there might be some issues from a dig but not from a roll. So far the from a roll results with stock drive train components does not look to good.

Bottom line is the kit is not performing well off the dyno & in real life. You can generate all the power you want but if its not usable in the car its nothing more then a parking lot bragging point.

The fact that the STs that showed up for the airport run spent the weekend for the most part getting debugged by the vendor strongly suggests these cars were turned loose on the users without having been fully tested.

Be interesting to know when the AT issue was discovered & how many AT kits were sold after that find.
So I guess with that reasoning that all of those customers with RB turbos who are experiencing the same issues with their auto trans should also take it up with Rob beck?

We knew the AT would give out at some point, no one ever said it was bullet proof, and everyone was waiting to see at what power level or levels it would fail at.

If the trans is having issues, just dial back your boost until there is a fix, saying that the single kits were released too early because of a trans issue that everyone was well aware of is non sense, especially if the same problems can be found on twin turbo'd cars.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #239
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I guess with that reasoning that all of those customers with RB turbos who are experiencing the same issues with their auto trans should also take it up with Rob beck?

We knew the AT would give out at some point, no one ever said it was bullet proof, and everyone was waiting to see at what power level or levels it would fail at.

If the trans is having issues, just dial back your boost until there is a fix, saying that the single kits were released too early because of a trans issue that everyone was well aware of is non sense, especially if the same problems can be found on twin turbo'd cars.
You hit the nail on the head, the problem is, people are blaming the power adders, instead of the platform itself.

It's not RB's fault, or Vishnu's fault if the platform can't handle the power.

People should realize with this much power on a car designed for 300 HP, there will be sacrifices, and things that will need to be upgraded.

If people have not got that in there head by now, they have not been realistic.

Did people really expect a stock AT tranny to hold 500WHP+ or similar torque?

If the car can't run 10's cause its spinng every gear, is the turbo kit at fault? No

If the tranny is over-heating or can't support the power, is it the turbo kit at fault? No

If someone can't drive at a air strip attack, is the turbo kit at fault? No

A car I had way back when had a supercharger kit. I was expected to run out of the box 12's. Guess what? I couldnt break out of 13's. I kept spinning tire and wheel hopping, I didn't blame the supercharger though.

The platform needed improvements. It was not the superchargers fault I spun tire into 3rd, my tires sucked. It was not the superchargers fault I wheel hopped, it was the poor suspension geometry and the need for upgraded bushings in the suspension.

See where I'm going with this. People confuse poor results with a bad kit, the turbo and kit in itself is sound, is my point, just like my supecharger kit was sound. One should expect certain sacrifices and improvements to fully succeed in upgrades like this.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #240
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Right, we get the AT issues; and nobody is slamming the kit. It obviously does what it was designed to do.

Weren't there multiple 6MT single turbo cars there too?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #241
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

haha, yeah, but I can eat my ice cream and drive at the same time without using my knee. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
they should have gotten 6MT to begin with... i don't know how anyone can drive these cars with an auto. so boring
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #242
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted
Right, we get the AT issues; and nobody is slamming the kit. It obviously does what it was designed to do.

Weren't there multiple 6MT single turbo cars there too?
There were two, shiv's car which he was testing his new goodies in, and captaininsano who I don't think videoed anything, but ran everyone and anyone he could, I know he was having a blast! He posted his results.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0