E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > dyno'd #s for 2007 335i SSTT

08-01-2008, 07:13 AM   #45
tomtom
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
ok....

i guess the only way to find out is to do another dyno.

just to let you know sometimes these things don't abide by any logical framework. hence, not everything has to be measured by that - there are other variables to consider, and sometimes they are not apparent. i never question ppl's claims, unless they are completely outrageous, then i might take a few mins out of my busy day to make a comment.

i am going to do another dyno, and if it confirms my numbers, i hope you are satisfied and it won't drive you crazy cause you'll have problems conjuring up an equation to get to those numbers.

thanks,
I don't think anyone really cares in the end.
afterall we believe what we want...sometimes it can be delusional however.

but you never answered...was the baseline dyno done on the same day as the SSTT dyno?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #46
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post

but you never answered...was the baseline dyno done on the same day as the SSTT dyno?
no, the baseline dyno was done in december, i live in toronto so it was pretty cold.

after all the mods, i did the dyno in July of htis year which was pretty hot.
      09-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #47
Tony the Tiger
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post

Let's be realistic, I can see up to 5% difference at different temperatures, but the dyno does a pretty good job keeping conditions consistent. The only thing that the dyno doesn't adjust well is how the car runs at colder or hotter temps. ie: more or less boost, cooling system can't keep up, intercooling can't keep up, etc..

Here's the catch... 3coupe's car was dyno'd when it was stock during winter, and it was far much colder before. His recent dyno pull with the SSTT and bolt-ons were done at a much hotter temperature in summer. No matter how you do this, you cannot make a hotter car produce more power, especially a turbocharged car. It never happens, not here, not in US, not anywhere in the world.

This is probably not the best forum to be discussing "dyno's" when I can safely assume half the members who participated in this thread probably never been to a dyno before, nor used one, nor tuned on one. Magazine numbers are nice, but adding HP like 5 HP for intake, 6 HP for exhaust, etc.. is so amature. Parts work together as a combination; although one intake makes a dissappointing 3 HP on a stock motor, it could potentially make 10 HP on a car with full downpipe; or perhaps, make lesser power on a car that is running higher boost when IAT's become a signficant factor. Parts can't be "added" as a sum for HP. They work together as a package.

On another note, these were his other runs:

Run #2

Run #3

The best run was obviously the first plot posted on Page2 of the thread, but these were his runner up pulls.
348 WHP @ 12.5 PSI GT3076R Lexus IS300
Dynamotorsports Tuning

Last edited by Tony the Tiger; 09-03-2008 at 06:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #48
Tony the Tiger
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
I'm sorry but this DYNO in need of a calibration badly! I had SSTT for 15k on my car with Dual Cones and Forge DV's running on 94 oct. I put 318rwhp and 338rwtq on a dynojet, twice! Let me see if I can find those files. Here you talking about straight V3 numbers.
You can tell the other 350+ vehicles that have dyno'd here at my shop the same story, especially when most of them registered numbers just like every dyno. Some people get good numbers, some get bad, just like everyone else. You guys are so shocked to see high numbers on a dyno that is proven to read lower as well, it's unbelievable. A Dynapack is a load-brake dyno, just like a Mustang Dyno, or a Dyno Dynamics which puts load at the drivetrain and is set up to read lower than Dynojets. There is no true standard when comparing cars hundreds of miles away, and a dyno can only be useful when compared for before/after results just like what 3coupe did for his car. A car with poor intercooling (too small intercooler) for example, will tend to make more power at locations which is cool and humid; however, a car with properly sized intercooler will like cool but dry air. Humidity improves heat transfer for air-air IC and boosts surface cooling on the intercooler, therefore, it benefits a car that has sub-par intercooling. This is just one out of hundreds conditions that can change the way a car runs and the number it produces at different locations. They can even be the same identical dyno machine used, but results can already change with the car being at a different location (ie: very common for race teams with mobile dynos when they need to constantly retune their car; at different tracks around the world, it produces different numbers on essentially the exact same car and same exact dyno).
348 WHP @ 12.5 PSI GT3076R Lexus IS300
Dynamotorsports Tuning

Last edited by Tony the Tiger; 09-03-2008 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #49
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

i say just race someone with a sstt , or a sstt and a filter and see what happens

if you dont pull, then you dont have the power your saying, as both sstt cars will not have the power your claiming.

if you pull hard, then maybe your correct.

you can talk numbers all you want, but if i were you i would go out and do a few pulls with someone.
if you dont really pull somoene with a sstt and a filter, then youi just dont have the power your saying, who cares what the dyno says

or race a v3 and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #50
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro View Post
i say just race someone with a sstt , or a sstt and a filter and see what happens

if you dont pull, then you dont have the power your saying, as both sstt cars will not have the power your claiming.

if you pull hard, then maybe your correct.

you can talk numbers all you want, but if i were you i would go out and do a few pulls with someone.
if you dont really pull somoene with a sstt and a filter, then youi just dont have the power your saying, who cares what the dyno says

or race a v3 and see what happens.
In a scenerio of "pulling", there is another uncontrolled variable. the driver(s).
and you can't talk about street racing on this forum just a FYI.

if you understand the dynamics of dyno's, these are the best comparison between total output between any two vehicles.

all i am saying is that I am happy with 350whp. that's it. my friend tony the tiger is a brilliant tuner, and he came on this board just to communicate that my numbers are true, if anything under estimated. but thats another argument all together.

enjoy the rest of the summer
      09-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #51
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

where did i say "street racing"

please dont put words in my mouth

your the one who started a thread about how you have 40 more hp than others with your same setup. some people call bs and you get all defensive, and bring your dyno guy on the forum to back you up. to prove how your car is so special

and your right a driver plays a big part. so are you saying you cant drive? sounds like it to me

instead of defending your numbers , the dyno, the conditions blah blah blah.

no one cares anymore. either go test it, or lock the thread.

if your not going to prove it then dont talk about it anymore. like someone else on this thread already stated, no one really cares to listen to how your car has more power than every other 335 with sstt , and other mods as well.

you know why people call bs? cause your numbers are not even cose to anyone else with the same mods. were not talking 5 or 10 hp.

were going in circles. enjoy your car
Appreciate 0