E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > v31.x = lag

10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Thumbs down v31.x = lag

I dropped my car off because I was getting faulty notices regarding my brake pads needing replacement (car has 9000 miles and seen 1 track day). Technician tells me I have plenty of pad left and they are going to check the sensors.

They tell me the sensors are fine but the computer needs updating otherwise I will continue to get this error and others may spring up.

The SA couldn't tell me the exact version, but they used at least v31.

Maybe I am just paranoid from reading the v29.2 posts, but I do notice considerable lag in higher gears. Cruising in 4th gear at 2200rpm I could push the gas and get immediate response, now I get the lag and slingshot effect - it totally sucks. (I have 6mt for anyone wondering)

I suppose I can alter my driving habits/technique, but this is not what I signed up for.

My exhaust is noticeably louder as well, which I have mixed feelings about.

I am already thinking about getting the Dinan tune and I have had the car back for less than 24 hours.

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
oddjob2021
ASR Turbos+LSD+Meth= :D
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
sorry to hear that man! they always want to "update the program" for what ever reason, so when ever i service i take it to active instead. unfortunately you don't have the luxury, so if you have the bank, Dinan should give you the right stuff!

2007 335i Coupe
Mods: Check the Garage
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
bimmerlex
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15 X5 xDrive35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya View Post
I dropped my car off because I was getting faulty notices regarding my brake pads needing replacement (car has 9000 miles and seen 1 track day). Technician tells me I have plenty of pad left and they are going to check the sensors.

They tell me the sensors are fine but the computer needs updating otherwise I will continue to get this error and others may spring up.

Maybe I am just paranoid from reading the v29.2 posts, but I do notice considerable lag in higher gears. Cruising in 4th gear at 2200rpm I could push the gas and get immediate response, now I get the lag and slingshot effect - it totally sucks. (I have 6mt for anyone wondering)

I suppose I can alter my driving habits/technique, but this is not what I signed up for.

I am already thinking about getting the Dinan tune and I have had the car back for less than 24 hours.
I took my car in for the very same issue four times already. They reprogrammed the car several times, and I'm not even sure which version I have now. The bad news is - reprogramming doesn't resolve the problem, I still have faulty brake service lights, and my car is at the dealership now again...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Are you sure they didn't use v30.2?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Are you sure they didn't use v30.2?
I'm not 100%, I was told v31 was available to dealers the first week in October, and the SA told me it was at least v31.

I really wish there was a way for us to figure out on our own which software version we are running. i know people tried the control stalk method, but it wasn't conclusive as to what the numbers on the screen actually meant

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlex View Post
I took my car in for the very same issue four times already. They reprogrammed the car several times, and I'm not even sure which version I have now. The bad news is - reprogramming doesn't resolve the problem, I still have faulty brake service lights, and my car is at the dealership now again...
great... We'll see if I get the error again

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

I currently have that error. Red car on lift and the "brake" sign lit at all times. Correct?

If so, I've had it on my car since June, over 5k miles ago. I'm just dealing with it b/c I dont want the dealership anywhere near my car for something like this.

i'm about to put a small piece of black electrical tape over the brake sign so I dont have to see it........apparently a better fix than BMW can offer.
      10-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
bimmerlex
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15 X5 xDrive35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I currently have that error. Red car on lift and the "brake" sign lit at all times. Correct?

If so, I've had it on my car since June, over 5k miles ago. I'm just dealing with it b/c I dont want the dealership anywhere near my car for something like this.

i'm about to put a small piece of black electrical tape over the brake sign so I dont have to see it........apparently a better fix than BMW can offer.
Yeah, that's the light. I get it every so often. Sometimes I drive with it for a month or two then take it to the dealer...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:

Welcome to the club you don't want to be in. Be sure to take the 10 minutes it will cost you to call BMW NA and complain about the issue. The more voices heard, the better. Also send BMW USA a letter via the website.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
imoksoami
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:

That sucks. F'n BMW is making out great. They detune our cars as opposed to fixing the problem correctly thus forcing people to get warranty canceling tunes or in the case of Dinan tunes have someone else take or the warranty for them. Either way no cost to them. Slimey bastards.
No wonder they are so profitable, about as honest as crack dealers.