E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > OpenFlash Tablet for N52

Closed Thread

08-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

yes yes and triple yes. I was going to message you and rombinhood to ask if you could do it for us but you were already thinking of it. Those of us with headers would love to be able to turn the dang light off and use your off the shelf maps. Please make this.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Oh wow, I have no engine mods except for an AFE box if that even counts. I live in Vacaville, would we be getting a tool to flash back to the factory tune in the event we need warrantied service??
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #25
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Wow you guys really haven't visited the N54 forum at all, yes the Openflash Tablet is a handheld OBD device that allows you to flash different maps and back to stock among other things like clearing codes.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
I think there would be a lot of interest for this, exemplified by the posts here.
N52 owners aren't likely to browse the N54 threads at all (for the most part at least), at least for me I didn't know this existed.

I know I'd likely be interested, given my current interest in the AA tune.
      08-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #27
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

I'm interested also and i'm in Daly City but I have no tune nor any mods done to my N52 engine.
      08-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #28
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

This is really exciting! But one question though. Clearly the N52 is simpler when it comes to tuning due to the lack of turbos in the formula. Will this simplicity reflect the final price as opposed to the $400 N54 version?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #29
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Gosh Darn it! Why didn't this come out like two months ago...
I've already flashed my car with AA stage 2 tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #30
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

I ordered the AA tune during their special, should I return it? TELL ME NOWWWWWWWWW lol. But seriously, if you guys are certain you're going to roll this tune out, I'll return it.
      08-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #31
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Hi guys,
I noticed a few of you are in the Bay Area. Could you please PM me and let me know where you live and if you'd like to meet up soon? I'm eager to roll out this product and the first step is reading as many DMEs as I can so I can start creating XDF files

manutdas11-- Are you in Napa County? If so, where exact
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #32
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.. View Post
This is really exciting! But one question though. Clearly the N52 is simpler when it comes to tuning due to the lack of turbos in the formula. Will this simplicity reflect the final price as opposed to the $400 N54 version?
eh, I wouldn't really say simpler. Things are just a little different when you tune NA, but not really simpler. Other than the turbo cars having boost maps, everything else is going to be really similar.

The cost of the tablet hardware is still going to be the same, and re-writing the software for N52 takes time and money. $400 is really a great price for what you are getting with this.

Shiv, don't you have any dealers in the Los Angeles area you can send this to for testin?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #33
Southjersey128
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Very interested. My friend just got one for his 335xdrive and it is really nice. Assuming it will work on an n51
Afe Scoops and CAI, PBX, BMS Paddleshift upgrade, 261M's Powder Coated Gunmetal, 225/255 Michelin PSS, (BMW Performance: BBK, Illuminated Door Sills, Shifter Knob and Boot, E-Brake Handle, Steering Wheel, Front Strut Bar), E93 FSB, E92 RSB, M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, M3 Front Control Arms, HPA coilover kit (Koni Adjustables and Swift Springs), Steel Brake Hoses, Black Kidneys, Smoked LED side markers, Blacklines, Msport lip spoiler...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #34
johnniewalker
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328 xdrive

What are the gains we are expecting from this ?? This is what i am really interested about.
      08-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #35
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,
I noticed a few of you are in the Bay Area. Could you please PM me and let me know where you live and if you'd like to meet up soon? I'm eager to roll out this product and the first step is reading as many DMEs as I can so I can start creating XDF files

Hello sir, I am in American Canyon.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Come on. This price is more than fair and reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
eh, I wouldn't really say simpler. Things are just a little different when you tune NA, but not really simpler. Other than the turbo cars having boost maps, everything else is going to be really similar.

The cost of the tablet hardware is still going to be the same, and re-writing the software for N52 takes time and money. $400 is really a great price for what you are getting with this.

Shiv, don't you have any dealers in the Los Angeles area you can send this to for testin?

$400 for a tool that allows you to clear codes, use OTS maps, data log and have full access to your rom. This is ridiculously well priced. What are our other options?
  • AA - (tune only) - $500 - $800 depending on specials
  • Evolve - (tune and diagnostics) - $900 - $1000
  • PBX (piggy back) - $220
  • and den
  • and den
  • and den
  • and den and den and den....................zip

I knew I was holding out for something good. As soon as you can pump this out, I will buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Hello sir, I am in American Canyon.
A stone's throw away. Are you there yet? Are you there yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #37
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post

$400 for a tool that allows you to clear codes, use OTS maps, data log and have full access to your rom. This is ridiculously well priced. What are our other options?
  • AA - (tune only) - $500 - $800 depending on specials
  • Evolve - (tune and diagnostics) - $900 - $1000
  • and den
  • and den
  • and den
  • and den and den and den....................zip

I knew I was holding out for something good. As soon as you can pump this out, I will buy one.
True that. I just want my car to go faster. Coding and code clearing I can care less. I wouldn't mind if those were left out in a budget version but you gotta pay to play
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #38
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
True that. I just want my car to go faster. Coding and code clearing I can care less. I wouldn't mind if those were left out in a budget version but you gotta pay to play
I hear ya, but it is all under the umbrella of going faster. If you can data log and get someone to tune your dme or OTS map, you can go faster. Also, if you want to go faster and chuck some headers on there you can get rid of the code. It really opens us up to something affordable and diverse. As you can tell, I am getting quite annoying just thinking about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #39
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
I hear ya, but it is all under the umbrella of going faster. If you can data log and get someone to tune your dme or OTS map, you can go faster. Also, if you want to go faster and chuck some headers on there you can get rid of the code. It really opens us up to something affordable and diverse. As you can tell, I am getting quite annoying just thinking about it.
Dude trust me that stuff is awesome Just think about it from the perspective of a (very cheap) 18 year old college student with no job
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #40
mantecosa
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i n52 e90

hey all,
this looks very nice! I am afraid I am the only one living in Spain correct? :-) interested in promoting your product here?
however I´ve got few questions:
I assume you include original maps so you can get it back to stock?
is there any map available (proffessionally done) of a n52b25 Eurobox 218bhp? I´ve got K&N air filter, no mid silencer no 2nd cats here in Europe and BMW performance exhaust.
Also looking to buy headers for it.
I would love to be able to read these parametres but I am afraid I am not too good to be able to change values myself "randomly" to get better performance.
very very interested but it looks like I am the only abroad guy interested? Would love to promote your product on the spanish forums.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #41
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

I also started a thread on the 1 series forum in case they didn't know, so there can be more support for this.

Quote:
Dude trust me that stuff is awesome Just think about it from the perspective of a (very cheap) 18 year old college student with no job
don't worry I was there. I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantecosa View Post
hey all,
this looks very nice! I am afraid I am the only one living in Spain correct? :-) interested in promoting your product here?
however I´ve got few questions:
I assume you include original maps so you can get it back to stock?
is there any map available (proffessionally done) of a n52b25 Eurobox 218bhp? I´ve got K&N air filter, no mid silencer no 2nd cats here in Europe and BMW performance exhaust.
Also looking to buy headers for it.
I would love to be able to read these parametres but I am afraid I am not too good to be able to change values myself "randomly" to get better performance.
very very interested but it looks like I am the only abroad guy interested? Would love to promote your product on the spanish forums.
Cheers

you will be able to go back to stock map. With the off the shelf map your engine would be included. I have the same engine. I have headers on my car. Check out the thread I made. I am having a whole bunch built if you're interested. Active Autowerke and evolve make tunes and flashing tools but they are a lot more expensive and would not have all the same functionality. Stick to this thread and if this tool is made, buy it.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #42
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:

A stone's throw away. Are you there yet? Are you there yet?

What?...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #43
mantecosa
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i n52 e90

Quote:
you will be able to go back to stock map. With the off the shelf map your engine would be included. I have the same engine. I have headers on my car. Check out the thread I made. I am having a whole bunch built if you're interested. Active Autowerke and evolve make tunes and flashing tools but they are a lot more expensive and would not have all the same functionality. Stick to this thread and if this tool is made, buy it.
Hey,
thanks for the post.
I´ve been reading information about the flashing tools including the openflash tablet. It looks very good and interesting. I just can´t wait to see some results from different maps. A dyno graph would be awesome.

a quick one please:
- a flashed car with procede for instance can change maps by pressing the DTC button or whatever is programed for; however, does the openflash tablet need to be connected all the time to swap different maps? it looks like it as it seems that you have only 3 different maps to choose? or is it only the uploader software on the computer that allows for 3 maps to be uploaded at once?

Hopefully will get some results of few OTS maps! :-) you´ve got on tester here in Spain mate. Sunny and warm, lovely food... :-)

following this thread, the best of luck with it and I offer you all the help I can give you from here. I will email you.

Ta

Last edited by mantecosa; 08-07-2013 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #44
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,

PMed.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread