E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROCede v2 & What to look out for.

01-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

PROCede v2 & What to look out for.

Hey Shiv,

Your most recent comment about putting v2 above 95% got me thinking.

Is knock the main thing you are worried about? I personally don't have much experience with turbos but the guy that was helping me with the dyno constantly had a guy beside the engine listening in while we were doing the runs. He said it was running really smooth without (ANY) knock.

Have you tested the car above 95% on 94 Octane?

Thanks for the help.

Ado
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Knock is the real concern. And ECUs have gotten good enough of retarding timing before knock can occur. Usually. Don't bet your engine on this. If you are knocking, you will see a reduction in power. Usually this will start occuring right around 5000rpm and result in a dip in power. But given enough time the dip will lessen because the rpm ranges before and after that will also dip, making the whole curve go down. Honestly, the best way to tell if your ECU is pulling back timing is by adding race gas to the car and doing several runs. It's reasonable for power to increase by 5-10whp by doing so. But if it increase by 15 or more power, it's clear that your ECU was pulling back a substantial amount of timing. In the end, we do want to play it safe since the engine isn't exactly cheap. If that approach costs us 5-10whp, I think that's reasonable

Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-13-2008 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

Why is so hard to follow certain rules? I think this one should not be broken, unless you are looking for trouble.

Shiv knows what he is talkign about, he designed the PROcede; therefore, he knows what User settings we can run safely.

Just follow the documentation. not sure why people try to push it to the limit, then they get a blown engine, and they blame it on their piggybacks!!!!! and of course he has had tested it.