E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Pauly D is about to make even MORE money

03-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #45
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post

What?! Its the complete other way! Saw him live 2 years ago when he was still producing decent tracks... amazing show.

Now... he seriously sucks at productions seriously hard (Have you heard his new album? Seriously give me 1 song that is worth his like 5 million dollar studio) And im no longer interested in his shows because of the people he attracts now.

By that i mean they arent true EDM fans. They are more like OMG LOVE TECHNO!!! Shoot me i hate ignorant people.
i only really got into trance last 2-3 years. i'm also not very good about keeping up with music, so a lot of what i listen to is probably older stuff. couple years ago i got all into him, but then when i finally saw him live, it was a let down. wasn't to say he was BAD, but he didn't impress me. i hear from some of my friends that his lives are very hit or miss (about 70% miss).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #46
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I was impressed last time I saw axwell because he didn't use a computer. Thats saying a lot these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #47
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I was impressed last time I saw axwell because he didn't use a computer. Thats saying a lot these days.
SHM is just beyond incredible, together or separate. Those 3 guys are just too beastly on decks. Just saw Axwell last week as well, danced my ass off. Also saw Ingrosso in November last year and the whole crew at EDC LA 2010. I'm going to see Angello in april with AN21 and Max Vangelli.

Back to the original topic however, why would anyone listen to a DJ that sings "Being a guido is a way of life!"?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #48
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
deadmau5 pretty much just uses a computer... another reason i lost some respect for him. he's not one of those DJ's that knows how to work the crowd. i'm just not feeling it when he's on stage. deadmau5 doesn't even need to physically be there to do what he does.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #49
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Pauly D is hilarious good for him
      03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #50
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

SHM is amazing, together or separate. I feel like I heard another one of them were coming around the area. I gotta look around for the dates. Saw deadmau5 at EDC and he was pretty good. I thought his live show was better than his produced stuff at the time. I do like a few tracks off his new CD. Most DJs these days use computers. SHM has true talent. I want to see SHM and above and beyond again. Saw them with a crowd of 100 in PHX and then a crowd of 100k at EDC. Got a bunch going on out here in the next month or so and I'm not sure what I'm going to yet. Big guy played last night in scottsdale and laid back luke is playing 4.20 but I dont think I'm going on a wednesday. Should be epic though as its at a tiny club. Diplo is playing at a water park in tempe at night.... I kind of want to go but I just envision tons of fucked up Bros in striped beaters and board shorts with neon green wayfarers acting like morons.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #51
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
SHM is amazing, together or separate. I feel like I heard another one of them were coming around the area. I gotta look around for the dates. Saw deadmau5 at EDC and he was pretty good. I thought his live show was better than his produced stuff at the time. I do like a few tracks off his new CD. Most DJs these days use computers. SHM has true talent. I want to see SHM and above and beyond again. Saw them with a crowd of 100 in PHX and then a crowd of 100k at EDC. Got a bunch going on out here in the next month or so and I'm not sure what I'm going to yet. Big guy played last night in scottsdale and laid back luke is playing 4.20 but I dont think I'm going on a wednesday. Should be epic though as its at a tiny club. Diplo is playing at a water park in tempe at night.... I kind of want to go but I just envision tons of fucked up Bros in striped beaters and board shorts with neon green wayfarers acting like morons.
Saw Steve angello for NYE... was seriously unimpressed by him. His opener however... blew my fuckin mind, he also did not use a computer.

Joachim Garruad i believe was his name. He was: A - really fucking funny
B- really good dj
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #52
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Porter Robinson. Wasn't expecting much for a little kid but he was actually pretty sick. Got the crowd going and his mixes were pretty sweet. I'd catch him if you ever get a chance. Hes like 18. Had some technical difficulties and could tell he wasn't the most comfortable playing in front of a crowd but hes definitely working his way up.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #53
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Saw Steve angello for NYE... was seriously unimpressed by him. His opener however... blew my fuckin mind, he also did not use a computer.

Joachim Garruad i believe was his name. He was: A - really fucking funny
B- really good dj
Have been very impressed and not so impressed by Steve Angello. When I saw him at the Avalon in Hollywood, I wasn't so impressed that time. Didn't feel like he was into it that night. But good part was the rest of SHM showed up halfway through the set. That was fucking sweet. Made the night uber awesome.

One of my favorite DJ's last year was Laidback Luke. Saw him NYE at TAO but was very unimpressed. I've seen him at EDC and was impressed, and also at smaller venues which were equally if not more impressive. That man knows how to fire up the crowd. TAO was a mess though, and he did complain about the equipment that night, so I can give him a pass for 1 off night.

I really want to go to a show now *sigh* Haven't really been out since NYE. And I missed out on seeing Afrojack last night. Pretty bummed about that.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #54
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

I want to see afrojack and chuckie again.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #55
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Have been very impressed and not so impressed by Steve Angello. When I saw him at the Avalon in Hollywood, I wasn't so impressed that time. Didn't feel like he was into it that night. But good part was the rest of SHM showed up halfway through the set. That was fucking sweet. Made the night uber awesome.

One of my favorite DJ's last year was Laidback Luke. Saw him NYE at TAO but was very unimpressed. I've seen him at EDC and was impressed, and also at smaller venues which were equally if not more impressive. That man knows how to fire up the crowd. TAO was a mess though, and he did complain about the equipment that night, so I can give him a pass for 1 off night.

I really want to go to a show now *sigh* Haven't really been out since NYE. And I missed out on seeing Afrojack last night. Pretty bummed about that.
I too havent been out since NYE. LBL Is an amazing machine behind the decks. one of the best DJ's ive seen. Dont love all his music but shit he can spin. Same goes for Guetta (I fucking hate everything that comes from him but holy shit one of the top 5 djs ive ever seen hands down)

Seeing SHM all together would probably make a sick experience. They dont really do that anymore though, more money if they roll solo.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #56
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

"In June 2010, DJ Times magazine honored Pauly D as “America’s Best DJ,” one of the highest titles that can be awarded to a DJ."

They MUST be joking right?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #57
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
anyone got a clip of the Situations fail last night on the Roast?

Situation is naturally quick witted, you can kind of tell from the show. He's the kind of guy that makes funny remarks based on your situation (heh), but he can't do stand-up for shit. Stand-up is VERY different than just making funny remarks though, as any real comedian will tell you.

As far as Pauly goes.. he's not the greatest DJ.. but he's not awful either. I DJ'ed on radio and at venues for 4 or 5 years and I'm by no means a pro, but Pauly isn't worthless either. And he's definitely doing more with his life than anyone else on the show. Situation.. former model. All the girls.. dental assistants (deena and angelina), club promoters (jwow) or something else worthless. Good for him. Also, kudos to all the guys on the show for sticking to a great exercise and health regimen. Something 90% of americans can't do, and these "idiots" on tv make it a point to be healthy and look good. Good for them.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #58
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post

Situation is naturally quick witted, you can kind of tell from the show. He's the kind of guy that makes funny remarks based on your situation (heh), but he can't do stand-up for shit. Stand-up is VERY different than just making funny remarks though, as any real comedian will tell you.

As far as Pauly goes.. he's not the greatest DJ.. but he's not awful either. I DJ'ed on radio and at venues for 4 or 5 years and I'm by no means a pro, but Pauly isn't worthless either. And he's definitely doing more with his life than anyone else on the show. Situation.. former model. All the girls.. dental assistants (deena and angelina), club promoters (jwow) or something else worthless. Good for him. Also, kudos to all the guys on the show for sticking to a great exercise and health regimen. Something 90% of americans can't do, and these "idiots" on tv make it a point to be healthy and look good. Good for them.

They take steroids good for fucking them. I'd rather maintain an acceptable diet, and not look like a juicer, guido asshole. They make Italian Americans look horrible. They are retarded, that show cannot be looked at as anything but comedy. You clearly want to join the 'lifestyle'. GLHF- and for the record, if you think Pauly D is an acceptable as a resident DJ in Vegas over the local talent there you are straight out of your mind. Sorry you must be trolling the shit out of me right now... you must
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #59
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

I'm black so I dont have to tan but I'm a pretty big juicer asshole. SOmebody give me a mixer and call me a DJ.
Appreciate 0