E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > CashedUpBogan's 07 AT E93 335i thread

11-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #45
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

Oh, I also got a baseline dyno while the car was at Advan on Wednesday for future reference. I will try my best to get a dyno run in between each major performance modification. Hopefully this can help any future forum members wishing to know how much power x part plus x part makes.

The dyno sheet below is for my completely stock car. Does this look a bit too high? I thought N54s pulled about 185kw@wheels

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #46
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

In my Adelaide Dyno Day thread is my baseline dyno at 184.2 kW. Check to see how they compare with curve etc. Each dyno is different remmeber, some brands read higher etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #47
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo55il View Post
btw ... where are the jacks positioned? are there the adapters underneath or have they been cut into the grooves.
I made up some custom jacks:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=358
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #48
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashedUpBogan View Post
Oh, I also got a baseline dyno while the car was at Advan on Wednesday for future reference. I will try my best to get a dyno run in between each major performance modification. Hopefully this can help any future forum members wishing to know how much power x part plus x part makes.

The dyno sheet below is for my completely stock car. Does this look a bit too high? I thought N54s pulled about 185kw@wheels

Looks like a great result (would have been good to have seen boost on the graph)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashedUpBogan View Post
Ok so here's a photo that is slightly more interesting. My E93 335i sandwiched between my mate's heavily modified E39 M5 on stands and his wife's light tune E82 135i. All of them in different shades of black!

Looks like he rarely drives that M5 these days still hey? (i remember ur mate from EST forums)
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #49
fo55il
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Dr j, can u make more?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #50
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Looks like a great result (would have been good to have seen boost on the graph)

Looks like he rarely drives that M5 these days still hey? (i remember ur mate from EST forums)
Yep I saw that you commented on his build thread on EST haha

The diff mount cracked and he hasn't been bothered to get it fixed. I think it's been on stands for at least 6 months or more but he's taken it apart ready to go to the workshop soon.

He's got some sexy 19 x 10 and 19x 11 Real Daytonas that have only seen 100 odd kms I'm trying to get him to sell to me cheap. Not sure if they'd fit though
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #51
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testercles View Post
In my Adelaide Dyno Day thread is my baseline dyno at 184.2 kW. Check to see how they compare with curve etc. Each dyno is different remmeber, some brands read higher etc.
Thanks for that info. I thought Dyno Dynamics were more on the conservative side but I guess not. Different modes give different results too right? Shootout mode etc
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #52
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

Mine's Auto and a 6 speed so we did a pull in 4th. I assume yours was the same?

Current: 2008 E90 335iA Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Past: 2009 E90 LCI 323iA Black Sapphire Metallic, 2005 E46 325iA Black Sapphire Metallic, 1992 E34 535iA Glacier Blue
BMW Driver's Club of South Australia member
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #53
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I honestly have no idea lol. I'm sure you read about my picking up my car from Advan. Dyno run settings were the last thing on my mind. I'll ask Pete about specifics when I go in again so I have consistent figures each time I go in.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #54
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Dr j, can u make more?
I may have a few more blocks that i can send to you, then you just have to weld them on (P&H would be a killer to send them to me and for me to send them to you)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 05:51 AM   #55
dizzy_7
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i E93 MY08

Nice mods mate!

New owner of e93 myself and all this rain that last weekend I have discovered a small leak.

Anyone else have this problem? Drivers side where the roof and windscreen section join...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #56
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Haven't really had much done to the car since last update except for the iPE valvetronic exhaust being customised to fit my E93. Fabrication and mounting at Performance Metalcraft a week or so before Christmas

What a nightmare. Firstly no one - including the Australian importer - knew it didn't fit the E93 thanks to chassis bracing in the way. Guestimate for custom fab work was given to make it fit. I exhaled, told them to do it whatever it cost as an xmas present to myself. Ended up costing double. It took several trips to Sydney from Newcastle to get this thing finished, and as of 5th Feb it was finally all wired up!

Then I forgot to get the valve remote from my mate who picked the car up for me, so I have no idea how it sounds opened up yet, but horrible, horrible drone when closed that was not there before it was wired up, so kind of baffled. Told installing mid cats will help remove this, as apart from the mufflers, it's pretty much a straight pipe with catless DPs and midpipes removed.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #57
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

A couple of weeks ago, I got my mate to help me install an Evolution Racewerks FMIC I got a while back after selling the VRSF. I chose the anodized black option to go with the rest of the car. This also was a nightmare. Took SO long to reach and break the stupid onetime use T clamps around the intercooler hoses (no, not the easily flicked off metal band clips).

While I had the bumper off, I got around to installing LED fog lights and spraying the lower grilles flat black. Holes in the grilles but getting a new bumper soon so CBF getting new ones. Gonna tint the LED housing and headlights possibly. Gonna get rid of the M-colour grille for either gloss black or CF. Unsure yet.

STILL need to get around to installing the Oneighty LED angel eye rings. One of these days.

Also got around to putting in the Forge DVs. Had to cut the hoses a fair bit to fit properly. They dont line up as pretty as the stock DVs but at least they won't leak (hopefully). Decided to go with the yellow springs and two spacer plates.

Horrible flash photo, blurry, hand covered in filth all over phone

Not long after this, swung the car around to Advan for a few days to finally finish exhaust, install BMS OCC, general tune up and fault finding and a few other small things.

They got rid of a great deal of my WG rattle, a boost leak somewhere after I installed DVs and FMIC and run it on the dyno to 272kW ATW. Very happy with that and no more WG rattle!! (ok there's still some, but I won't need those RBs JUST yet!)

They also found a misfire, but I had some new coils sitting at home so they threw in some old working ones they had lying around until I swapped them out, which is what I did tonight!

Picked up this awesome 2 x 20W 2700 lumen LED work light from Bunnings for $59. Fully adjustable height and angle.

While I was at it, finally got around to putting this carbon fibre engine cover that was on sale when I got a bunch of parts along with the ER FMIC from N54tuning.com
Doesn't look too great under the LED lighting. Will try and take a better photo under natural light some time.

To sum up, what I have done to this date:

JB4 G5 ISO
BMS oil catch can
Evolution Racewerks FMIC
Evolution Racewerks oil cooler
VRSF charge pipe
VRSF catless downpipes
AFe Stage 2 cold air intake
iPE Valvetronic turbo back exhaust without mid cats
LED foglights
M-colour grilles
painted lower grilles flat black

Things lying around craving attention/pickup/installation:

BMS Meth kit - need to figure out meth tank solution for shitty E93 boot space
SteveAZ Stage 2 LPFP - just purchased and RRT was accidentally not given
MFactory LSD = Waiting on those damn shims like other group buy participants
Oneighty LED Angel Eye rings - Too scared/lazy/impatient to stick headlights in oven
LCI taillights - Still unsure if I really need these so might put them up for sale, brand new unused from BMR!
Airlift Performance air suspension kit - trying to work out how to install everything neatly in the shitty boot and also make room for meth tank but hopefully installed by start of March!
BC Forged RS43 18x9.5F, 18x10.5R - Landed last week apparently and currently clearing customs then putting MPSS on them.
M-Sport rear bar with carbon fibre diffuser, M3 sideskirts - Arriving at my panel beater tomorrow from Jason at EuroDivision, getting fitted and painted in a couple of weeks
Interior LEDs - Procrastinating on taking my dash apart to do white. Also got LEDs for interior lights but forgot where I put them.
Bavarian Technic cable - get around to doing backend flash for JB4 once I know what I'm doing!

Things to arrive/happen within the following month (hopefully!):

1M front bumper and carbon fibre lip - on a boat from mainland china atm, probably won't make it in time as rest of kit gets installed
Window trim painted black - was gonna vinyl wrap but may as well while at bodyshop
E85 and custom tune - Unsure what mixture to run, haven't thought too much about E85 yet until supporting hardware is in place, maybe a Wedge tune
New grille

Things to happen further down in the year maybe:

RB turbos
TFT inlet - if it works on RHD
Modified driveshafts/axles maybe
Maybe custom metal rear flared arches through a guy I know who does it out of passion, but needs a LOT of time as he does it after work
Micky Thompson ET Street Radial II mounted on some 17s to see what she can do
Different rims.

Last edited by CashedUpBogan; 02-10-2015 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #58
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Awesome progress CUB. Good figures on the dyno too. I also run the Forge DVs and have the yellow springs installed - definitely the option when running more than stock boost. Very interested to see the ER CF engine cover in a daylight shot if you get the chance. I was keen to get one a while back but had difficulty sourcing one, I may have to reconsider.
      02-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #59
waterbottle1
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

goodjob op , nice mods
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #60
fo55il
Banned
Australia
Rep

what fog lights did you get? have details of globe?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #61
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
what fog lights did you get? have details of globe?
I just went and looked at my eBay history. Here's the link.

$40 but any H11 globe in that size will fit. I just had a look on eBay and you can get them for waaayy less than half that price. I have no idea why I chose this option as I'm normally quite savvy on eBay. Must have been a reason which escapes me right now. These ones also have 33 LEDs. Wouldn't go the $5 ones with 20 odd. I do remember wanting 7000k as I was gonna tint the foglight housing. But I probably won't bother now, as a new front bar without foglights (I think. Can't remember) will be on the way soon.

You can have them for $20 posted in a month if you want.

You will need to code out the error though. I used BMWhat plus cable I got from them.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #62
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

She's coming along nicely mate, and she's making some healthy power that's for sure

Get that fuel it LPFP in and with a E50 tune & you'll be seeing 300kw!

Where's the dyno graph for the 278kw?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #63
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Nice work... That's s might list of mods... If you decide to sell the tail lights hit me up 😃
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #64
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Great mods CashedUp. You have managed to do more to your car in 5 months than I have in 6 years of ownership.

Car will look unbelievable when it's all done. I'm in Newcastle as well. Hopefully I will see it around... or maybe hear it first coming down Darby St.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #65
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
She's coming along nicely mate, and she's making some healthy power that's for sure

Get that fuel it LPFP in and with a E50 tune & you'll be seeing 300kw!

Where's the dyno graph for the 278kw?
Got the dyno graph is thought was 272 but it's actually 276., not sure where you got 278 from Shane but I'd like that extra 1.8kw please

I got the LPFP sitting in my boot. Just need go go pick up the RRT!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #66
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
Great mods CashedUp. You have managed to do more to your car in 5 months than I have in 6 years of ownership.

Car will look unbelievable when it's all done. I'm in Newcastle as well. Hopefully I will see it around... or maybe hear it first coming down Darby St.
Nice! DR JEKL is also a Newcastle boy. Maybe we should meet up some time! For some photos and cruising!
Appreciate 0