E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shift Sector Single Turbo Vids?

11-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #45
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post
Just about everyone nearing or above 500wtq, including myself, are having some sort of transmission issues on this platform. You just went off on a rant about the economy and not being able to afford to go to a test and tune 1/4 mile. Are you serious? If someone can spring for a single turbo kit they can pay 20 bucks and drive a few hours to make a 1/4 mile pass. I simply do not believe that no one has ran a 1/4 mile pass with the kit. I'll rephrase that, if no one has made a quarter mile pass, it could only be because you told them not to. Like I stated before, if there is a legitimate reason why, just say it. No nonsense excuses about a guy spending 7K plus for the kit but then the troubling economy preventing him from paying 20 bucks or so to see a real world result.
and trust me, I know busy. I spend 28 (24 hour) days a year flying between the oilfield on the arctic ocean in Alaska and my home state of Florida. I could easily afford the "kit" and make time to run tons of quarter mile passes. Until I see real world results I'll hold off on deciding the route to go with upgraded turbos.
Calm your beard Shivs old drag times aren't good enough? They should be a good indicator.

No one is telling anyone not to go to the drag strip. That's just stupid. There's a lot of pressure for the singles to go, precisely because there haven't been many runs. But really, we all have lives. I'd prefer to go road racing on one of the few weekends I can get away, rather than sit at the drag strip.

However, after my body work is finished up I"m planning on heading down to Sacramento Raceway to get a few runs in. I have never drag raced before, but Shift S3ctor has given me an itch, and I"m ready to try it out. Hopefully my gopro black will be in by then.

Believe it or not, there really aren't very many of us around. I'm sure Shiv will go back to the track with his new found power to set a better time soon. Although, somehow, I don't think you really care about the single turbo drag times, and just like to argue on the internet.

See you on the track sometime.
      11-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #46
Blaizon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe & 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335coupe View Post
Ask and you shall receive. My car should be finished tomorrow. Saturday I'm going to the drag strip for a European car show. Hopefully I can get any bugs fixed by then, but I won't hold my breath. I'm hoping other 335s race so we can get some baselines for the track, but I've dragged my car 100s of times so I know what it was capable of on the stock turbos.

I'll have a VBOX and GoPro with me as well.

Now the question is do I go for gold on the launch or baby it (still on stock half-shafts)?
Baby it and shoot for good traps imo.
      11-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #47
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ask and you shall receive. My car should be finished tomorrow. Saturday I'm going to the drag strip for a European car show. Hopefully I can get any bugs fixed by then, but I won't hold my breath. I'm hoping other 335s race so we can get some baselines for the track, but I've dragged my car 100s of times so I know what it was capable of on the stock turbos.

I'll have a VBOX and GoPro with me as well.

Now the question is do I go for gold on the launch or baby it (still on stock half-shafts)?
6AT 58mm? Those shafts are in trouble
      11-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #48
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
6AT 58mm? Those shafts are in trouble
6MT 62mm.

No LSD..yet. No DSS axles...yet. But I do DD on drag radials.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #49
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
6MT 62mm.

No LSD..yet. No DSS axles...yet. But I do DD on drag radials.
Lol jesus man. Good luck. Sounds like you have the experience.
      11-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #50
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
Listen bud I'm not sure who you are but if u can afford the kit you probably have a job and a demanding one at that. The results will be there. If my car was at the track there are enough 335 owners at Sac to state that I was there I simply have not been there and have been to busy surviving the economy to do so. That's not to say that results will not be available. The Trans is an issue that needs to be resolved and no one has looked at it. For you to call BS is childish. You have no contemplation of what busy could mean. All i am saying is relax your new on the forum the results will come and when they do they will help more than the Singles. I state again I don't know who you are (banned member or true user) but all things aside results will come. For god sake HPF has yet to show what their supposed single can do.

PS Creminz was not at the event.
Just about everyone nearing or above 500wtq, including myself, are having some sort of transmission issues on this platform. You just went off on a rant about the economy and not being able to afford to go to a test and tune 1/4 mile. Are you serious? If someone can spring for a single turbo kit they can pay 20 bucks and drive a few hours to make a 1/4 mile pass. I simply do not believe that no one has ran a 1/4 mile pass with the kit. I'll rephrase that, if no one has made a quarter mile pass, it could only be because you told them not to. Like I stated before, if there is a legitimate reason why, just say it. No nonsense excuses about a guy spending 7K plus for the kit but then the troubling economy preventing him from paying 20 bucks or so to see a real world result.
and trust me, I know busy. I spend 28 (24 hour) days a year flying between the oilfield on the arctic ocean in Alaska and my home state of Florida. I could easily afford the "kit" and make time to run tons of quarter mile passes. Until I see real world results I'll hold off on deciding the route to go with upgraded turbos.
Time is money bud. No one went on a rant about anything to do with $20. Be real there is more than just a single turbo in my car. It's a matter of time can you give me the time to run to Sac. Beyond that why do you keep say "you" when referring to me as if I have told people with singles not to run them at the track. Who exactly do you think you are talking shit to????? Oil fields in Alaska and Florida huh big talker do you have time to Show us some slips from a local track.

I know this for a fact the car that I drive holds the Stock Turbo 1/4 mile record at 11.3 at 122.8mph. What do you the mysterious Alaskan have to show for your self before you call me out.

PS we are not approaching 500whp we are passing 610whp on a 6AT that's a big difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #51
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
I'm done responding to this taunting from a special someone!!!!!!! The times will come as usual and I'm confident of that. Peter you are better than I am at ignoring this crap!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #52
Dave W.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon

FYI it's a 3 hour drive from the South Bay Area to the drag strip at Sacramento. Then 3 more hours to drive back late at night, plus the 3 or 4 hours at the strip. That eats up a good part of the day. Anyone have ten hours to spare? I don't know about your job, but whenever I have the money, I don't have the time. And when I have spare time I don't have the money. c'est la vie!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #53
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Time is money bud. No one went on a rant about anything to do with $20. Be real there is more than just a single turbo in my car. It's a matter of time can you give me the time to run to Sac. Beyond that why do you keep say "you" when referring to me as if I have told people with singles not to run them at the track. Who exactly do you think you are talking shit to????? Oil fields in Alaska and Florida huh big talker do you have time to Show us some slips from a local track.

I know this for a fact the car that I drive holds the Stock Turbo 1/4 mile record at 11.3 at 122.8mph. What do you the mysterious Alaskan have to show for your self before you call me out.

PS we are not approaching 500whp we are passing 610whp on a 6AT that's a big difference.
I post slips from my local track (pbir) all the time. Just posted some last Wednesday , the night before I flew back to Alaska. PPS I said 500wtq not HP, learn to read. . I'll be posting plenty more in the 2 weeks I'm home 11/23-12/5. I guess I'm as cool as you seeing how it would seem I hold the record for FULL weight, no meth, street tires & stock turbos at 11.8@116.68
cool we are both heroes?

Captain insano, props for your honestly.

Georgiatech, I hope you get the car going strong, and if you do; if I remember correctly you are in Gainesville, if so and I make the drive on one of my 2 weeks off down there, will you oblige me with your presence at the track of your choice and maybe a roll?
      11-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #54
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post
Georgiatech, I hope you get the car going strong, and if you do; if I remember correctly you are in Gainesville, if so and I make the drive on one of my 2 weeks off down there, will you oblige me with your presence at the track of your choice and maybe a roll?
Im in Orlando. Going to Bradenton this weekend. Maybe I'll go down to PBIR soon, so much better than Orlando Speed World. It'd be a good opportunity to possibly sell my old AR DPs to a guy down from that area.

That road that goes to PBIR is perfect for some high speed runs
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #55
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I post slips from my local track (pbir) all the time. Just posted some last Wednesday , the night before I flew back to Alaska. PPS I said 500wtq not HP, learn to read. . I'll be posting plenty more in the 2 weeks I'm home 11/23-12/5. I guess I'm as cool as you seeing how it would seem I hold the record for FULL weight, no meth, street tires & stock turbos at 11.8@116.68
cool we are both heroes?

Captain insano, props for your honestly.

Spend the money on a kit and run your own track times. We have nothing to prove to you or any other person who has not invested in the platform. "Learn to read" you truly are a keyboard warrior.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #56
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Im in Orlando. Going to Bradenton this weekend. Maybe I'll go down to PBIR soon, so much better than Orlando Speed World. It'd be a good opportunity to possibly sell my old AR DPs to a guy down from that area.

That road that goes to PBIR is perfect for some high speed runs
yeah sucks I'm missin this weekend. I've heard Orlando is a rough track. PBIR is consistent at least. Right on either way I'm pretty sure me and a bud are tryin to plan a track day up there. If you come to pbir, even better though.. Best of luck this weekend
      11-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #57
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Spend the money on a kit and run your own track times. We have nothing to prove to you or any other person who has not invested in the platform. "Learn to read" you truly are a keyboard warrior.
I'll continue to post my own times, as I always do.
Thanks for the chat, dont kno why you take it so personally though. People want to see results, you should take that as a compliment. smh
      11-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #58
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Just out of curiosity, what races did the ST cars win?
      11-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #59
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nema
Captain Insano can answer that he ran most of the races.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #60
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Hm... i'd expect you to walk that vette?... The S4 that i beat by a car, beat this vette by a car...
And I beat the S4 by a bumper. I just wish I would have had time to run with you again so I could have launched in third. 2nd really killed me. Anyway it was fun. Can't wait to run again.

Just a side note: Thomas did miss 4th, so to be honest this was a really close race and I think he would have taken me if it wasn't for the shift.

Last edited by Wedge1967; 11-15-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #61
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm done responding to this taunting from a special someone!!!!!!! The times will come as usual and I'm confident of that. Peter you are better than I am at ignoring this crap!!!
Hehe

I just try to image the person on the other side of the keyboard. I see them reveling in the fact they were able to get a rise out of me, that for a brief moment in their day they were the ones who were powerful and had the last say. Then I think of what tomorrow looks like for them. Do they like their job? Are they happy? Why can't they just be content and confident with what they have, and applaud those who strive further? Then I remember how fucking fast my car is, and the evil grin that stretches across my face when I first feel the g-forces. I remember that I don't give a damn what they think, and that what drove me to the forums in the first place was my passion for cars, and the desire to go faster. Then I go back to where it all started, up in the canyons at night, the cold wind slicing past my open window, a clear sky above, and the sound of turbo spool echoing off the forest below, as I push it faster... and faster...

Feel better?
      11-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #62
AYF80
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F80

Wait.... ok go.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #63
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
God Peter I didn't know you were a poet!!!!!! Thanks for the words of wisdom!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #64
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I'll continue to post my own times, as I always do.
Thanks for the chat, dont kno why you take it so personally though. People want to see results, you should take that as a compliment. smh
Smi1gj

Just to answer your question on other forums no I'm not Shiv. You can ask Terry he met me at the event this past weekend. Enough said.

Sikh
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #65
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Meh let's see...

I lost to longboarder (s/c M3), but he will have a video of that soon so you can judge for yourself. He jumped the line and I had wheelspin on the inside lane, but he was really fast regardless, and I won't make excuses Mad respect for the guy.

I beat another supercharged E9X M3 coupe, sorry I don't remember the guys name, he came up with his friends to the FFTEC crew to ask about the single turbo kit afterwards. If you are out there man, I loved your car.

I lost to the HPF E46 M3 by a mile, the guy admitted to having 900hp. I also had pretty bad wheelspin. I didn't really figure out how to do a clean burnout until near the end of the event.

I won against Tomas@GIACs A4, not really a fair race but to make it fair I got my heaviest friend (450lb) to sit in the passenger seat.

I lost to one of the GTRs, but not by much, again with a passenger and bad wheelspin.

I won against a Shelbygt500 in a pretty clean race.

I won against one of the 6AT single turbo 335i. (sorry I'm really bad with names and met too many people)

I lost to the F10 M5. I had bad wheelspin and thought I might be able to catch the guy, but couldn't quite catch him.

The first run of the first day was against a chick in a slightly modified ZR1, I barely lost to her and the running joke was that if I kicked my passenger out of the car I would have won. From then on we called him "dead weight".

I lost to Shiv earlier on the first day pretty badly, man I just didn't know how to drag race at all.

I lost to Roberts Z06, I'll just post the story I already typed out again here:

Quote:
My favorite run of the whole day was the very last one, against Robert in his stripped out modded Z06 corvette from Vishnu. His car weighed 3200lbs with him in it and dynoed at about the same horsepower as mine. We both spun our tires to heat them up on the way out. We hit the starting line at a dead even start and both got wheelspin (like every run, there was dust everywhere). He fishtailed hard and I remember looking sideways at him thinking "is he going to hit me?". It was surreal, and awesome. At first I thought I was going to have him, I just had more torque than he did an started pulling away. But in the top end he edged my out and beat me by about a car length. I remember looking down at the speedo at the finish line and seeing it pegged at 160 (doesn't go higher). It felt like the fastest run of the day.
Honestly, there were a lot of cars I raced, I tried to go out for every session and I just can't remember them all. My consistency was terrible, but overall it was about 50/50.

For reference I'll also post CupertinoSteve's results (I think he's 6AT?):

Quote:
As for who I raced, the results and race notes( you can say "EXCUSES" - hehe):
- Datsun (lost) ... clean start, but couldn't get into 5th gear
- White GTR (won) ... spun 2nd and couldn't get into 5th gear
- Blue GTR (lost) ... dropped the boost between gears and still couldn't get into 5th and misfired riding 4th gear rev limit
- Black 996TT (won) ... couldn't get into 5th gear, but no more misfire in the top of fourth
- White 335 (won) ... i botched the start (i noticed i wasn't data logging and basically missed the starting cone to get it going) then I got on it. Could not get into 5th gear and rode 4th gear redline and misfired at the tail end of the run.
- Silver 335 (won) ... was able to get into 5th gear, but missing some of the boost that was carried between shift
- White M3 (lost) ... spun 2nd and rode the rev limiter until it misfired and then coasted the rest of the run.
Sorry I didn't have a camera. I know it's disappointing for you guys. I just bought a gopro black edition. Steve says he will have some vids soon.

You guys should really try to make it out to the next event. It's one of those things you have to experience in person.
      11-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #66
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Smi1gj

Just to answer your question on other forums no I'm not Shiv. You can ask Terry he met me at the event this past weekend. Enough said.

Sikh

Thank you for clearing that up

And I'm not a mysterious ghost/banned member. Just another enthusiast who spends lot of time at my local track. It seems we took each other for something we weren't lol. I can apologize.

And I think you can find in all of my posts I've never talked "shit" about the Vishnu or single turbo kit. I simply have been(along with many others) baffled at the "implied" secrecy in all of this.

Water under the bridge

FWIW with all the options for upgraded turbos and me being in the market for them, I just wanted to see some everyday end user results as I'm on the fence between Vargas stage 2, RBs, and the fftec