E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > To Russell at Zaino Australia

11-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #45
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

I used the zaino car was stuff, which is what the clay bar suggested and then the other zaino 'standard' polish. I/m going to try the show car polish next week
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #46
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
I use a relatively inexpensive mothers one currently
+1 for the mothers, great price, does the job and the clay goes a long way

Got myself a second bottle of showtime for quick detailing after each wash
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #47
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

I've been detailing cars for years (esp black ones!) and have a massive arsenal of such products.

One of them is Zaino Z2 Pro. It's not a bad product, but it isnt fantastic compared to what you can get these days. For me it leaves tooo many streaks - again especially on black! I do not think it works well in humid climates.

I recommend Meguiars NXT gen V2.0 as a fantastic every-day, cheap, readily available product. On a properly prepped surface you would be hard pressed to notice a difference between high-end waxes and this.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #48
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
I've been detailing cars for years (esp black ones!) and have a massive arsenal of such products.

One of them is Zaino Z2 Pro. It's not a bad product, but it isnt fantastic compared to what you can get these days. For me it leaves tooo many streaks - again especially on black! I do not think it works well in humid climates.

I recommend Meguiars NXT gen V2.0 as a fantastic every-day, cheap, readily available product. On a properly prepped surface you would be hard pressed to notice a difference between high-end waxes and this.
any recommendation on tire dressing mate?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #49
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Sure I've tried several over time. It can be a hard one though. At the moment I'm using some Meguiars NXT spray stuff. It works, but it is annoying for low profile tires, and the overspray tends to go on your paintwork. Tire dressing isnt my thing though.

Basically any decent brand will work if your tires are clean to begin with.

The BEST stuff to prevent brake dust on your rims however is a product by Armor-all called wheel protectant. The last two BMWs I have had were massive dust producers. Esp the 135i with its 6-pots! My Z4 35is after 4000km is still producing large amounts of dust, but when I use the armor-all stuff it literally stops it sticking for hundreds of km = CLEAN RIMS.

BTW if you are after a good, EASY shine on your paintwork then give Permanon Supershine a go. It produced a shine as good as my Pinnacle Souveran, but without the depth. But like P21S but more reflective. Prep with rubbing alcohol first to ensure a good bond.

Also have good results on many Euro cars with Menzerna polishes!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #50
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Sure I've tried several over time. It can be a hard one though. At the moment I'm using some Meguiars NXT spray stuff. It works, but it is annoying for low profile tires, and the overspray tends to go on your paintwork.

Basically any decent brand will work if your tires are clean to begin with.

The BEST stuff to prevent brake dust on your rims however is a product by Armor-all called wheel protectant. The last two BMWs I have had were massive dust producers. Esp the 135i with its 6-pots! My Z4 35is after 4000km is still producing large amounts of dust, but when I use the armor-all stuff it literally stops it sticking for hundreds of km = CLEAN RIMS.

BTW if you are after a good, EASY shine on your paintwork then give Permanon Supershine a go. It produced a shine as good as my Pinnacle Souveran, but without the depth. But like P21S but more reflective. Prep with rubbing alcohol first to ensure a good bond.
Appreciate 0