E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB3 VS C6 Vette?

06-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #45
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

just buy him a beer and call it a day...

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #46
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
maybe if you upgrade turbos? i think in time our cars can be putting down around 600 to the ground, maybe more.... the older m3's did... all comes down to maoney i guess...

he could always mess up gears too, give it a shot for fun

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #47
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati955 View Post
maybe if you upgrade turbos? i think in time our cars can be putting down around 600 to the ground, maybe more.... the older m3's did... all comes down to maoney i guess...

The M3s had a stout iron block. Our cars have a mostly open deck aluminum block, so only time will tell what kind of HP it will sustain.
2008 Monaco Blue JB3 2.0 335i Coupe. 11.33 @ 132.77 mph, 60-130mph: 6.95 seconds
2023 i4 M50 11.48 @ 121.56mph, 3.43 0-60 (dragy)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #48
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

So true, picture this one: me and three buddies just went to that GT race in Virginia, what about a month or so ago. On the way there we see a GT3, we pulled right up next to it at a red light. He notices all of us staring at his car and decides to rev it up a little, we are in an 07 nissan pathfinder mind you. The light turns green and we punch it just to be stupid, this deuch misses second like none other grinding the hell out of this thing, was the worst noise I had ever heard and we litterally pulled pass his ass, all because he sucked at driving his car. He would not pull back up near us at all, come to find out he was on his way to the same place we were.
Moral of the story; you just may win!
      06-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #49
sbdavis1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

sounds like I have no chance. But i will still go through with it tomorrow when we can meet up. I'll let you know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #50
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdavis1 View Post
sounds like I have no chance. But i will still go through with it tomorrow when we can meet up. I'll let you know how it goes!
+1
Find out what year it is

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #51
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Corvette is built with one thing in mind: performance.
BMW is built with a few thins in mind: Luxury, comport, performance

This tells us this: if you want ultimate performance Corvette is THE BEST CAR IN THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR YOUR MONEY (I am excluding Nissan GTR since it is more expensive and not a daily car). But if you want good combination of performance, luxury and comfort, BMW is one the best ones out there.

You may spend tens of thousands of $$$ on your e92 but it will never be able to beat Corvette LS3. I just can not figure out why people spend so much money and deal with warranty issues result of mods on BMW instead of getting a pure performance car like Corvette if this is what they want.

Some people claim that that drove LS3 and did not feel faster than e92. How could you compare brand new car to car with 8-10K miles already broken into. Do any one of you remember how much slower your car was when it was new? Also comparing car with 100+ octane to 91 octane is a stupid comparison.

Drive LS3 with 5K+ miles then you will understand what I am talking about. Because I did and it blew my mind (I have JB 1.3 on mine by the way...)

So instead of having unrealistic dream like beating LS3, why don’t you guys just enjoy what you have???

Just me 2 cents…
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #52
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post

This tells us this: if you want ultimate performance Corvette is THE BEST CAR IN THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR YOUR MONEY (I am excluding Nissan GTR since it is more expensive and not a daily car). But if you want good combination of performance, luxury and comfort, BMW is one the best ones out there.

You may spend tens of thousands of $$$ on your e92 but it will never be able to beat Corvette LS3. I just can not figure out why people spend so much money and deal with warranty issues result of mods on BMW instead of getting a pure performance car like Corvette if this is what they want.

Some people claim that that drove LS3 and did not feel faster than e92. How could you compare brand new car to car with 8-10K miles already broken into. Do any one of you remember how much slower your car was when it was new? Also comparing car with 100+ octane to 91 octane is a stupid comparison.

Drive LS3 with 5K+ miles then you will understand what I am talking about. Because I did and it blew my mind (I have JB 1.3 on mine by the way...)

So instead of having unrealistic dream like beating LS3, why don’t you guys just enjoy what you have???

Just me 2 cents…
i agree with alot of what your saying but i wouldnt go as far as saying that beating a LS3 is unrealistic. our car is 3 yrs old. think about all the strives. The temp problems have been fixed with the addition of FMIC, upgraded oil cooler and now VK is working on an upgraded radiator soon. Theres been alot of testing on upgraded turbos and who knows by the end of the year may be a possibility. The last and biggest road block is fuel. If the car and get more fuel i think we're gonna see alot of cars breaking into a whole new power range that people hadnt thought of.
      06-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #53
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
i agree with alot of what your saying but i wouldnt go as far as saying that beating a LS3 is unrealistic. our car is 3 yrs old. think about all the strives. The temp problems have been fixed with the addition of FMIC, upgraded oil cooler and now VK is working on an upgraded radiator soon. Theres been alot of testing on upgraded turbos and who knows by the end of the year may be a possibility. The last and biggest road block is fuel. If the car and get more fuel i think we're gonna see alot of cars breaking into a whole new power range that people hadnt thought of.
That migth be possible in the future. But why bother spending so much money and deal with headache of warranty issues resulting from mods while you can get it all in Corvette without any headache if performance is all you are looking for?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #54
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That migth be possible in the future. But why bother spending so much money and deal with headache of warranty issues resulting from mods while you can get it all in Corvette without any headache if performance is all you are looking for?
your right. Lots of pros and cons. Its totally up to the individual i guess. As nice as vettes are and fast as they are its just not my thing. But you make a good point. If people care about warranty and other things then yah. But then again if its not a prioroty then who knows. With $$$ skys the limit
      06-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #55
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

Just me 2 cents…

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #56
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Folks always compare a modded 335 to a stock xxxx or stock nnnnn. Just like you can mod your car, the next 'stock' car you pull up probably is modded as well.

Maybe its because modded 335s really aren't a fair comparison to its direct sales competition (G35/G37's, IS350's, and C350's, 370z's). Really only the Audi S-series makes a solid run at good modding competition for the money. So the last resort is to look for cars out of our class - stock M3s, stock IS-F's, stock LS2 Vettes, GT500's, etc..

Nutin wrong with that but as we reach to shoot against higher displacement, higher output engines they'll start to easily walk a modded 335 past 100mph+. May as well be honest with our cars capabilities but it sure is fun trying
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #57
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Folks always compare a modded 335 to a stock xxxx or stock nnnnn. Just like you can mod your car, the next 'stock' car you pull up probably is modded as well.

Maybe its because modded 335s really aren't a fair comparison to its direct sales competition (G35/G37's, IS350's, and C350's, 370z's). Really only the Audi S-series makes a solid run at good modding competition for the money. So the last resort is to look for cars out of our class - stock M3s, stock IS-F's, stock LS2 Vettes, GT500's, etc..

Nutin wrong with that but as we reach to shoot against higher displacement, higher output engines they'll start to easily walk a modded 335 past 100mph+. May as well be honest with our cars capabilities but it sure is fun trying
way to get us all depressed. im gonna have to drink a glass of scotch tonight just to go to bed.
      06-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #58
supracg
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
I don't know about performance being ALL they are looking for, there is definitely a mix, and corvettes just come off as cheap to me (don't get me wrong corvette drivers, its a great car just not my style), the interior seems very cheap and plasticy and the exterior is built of I don't even know what, go up to the rear of a c6 and press the rear and u can bend it in.. u can c it in this top gear video at 5:43

If I WAS going to go all out on performance like that I would look at a lotus or something like that, a massive engine isn't really necessary for performance its just not my style, I don't know about evryone else but pulls after 140 aren't very important in my book
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #59
Martyn335Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe Crimson Red

I have runned few 1/4m races against C6 and i´ve always won. Me-6MT, Vette was auto. I have just JB3 - map 5. I´ll upload vid on youtube later..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #60
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

... because I was looking to buy a new corvette when I decided to buy this 335i. Price was actually very similar and you can get practically 0% financing with most American models. To me, the corvette LS3 only seemed a tad faster and it wasn't worth it to be surrounded by the plain and plastic-like interior. It just seemed like a cheap generic car on the inside. Also 90% of vette drivers (atleast that I have seen) are 60 years old with a couple of gold chains on looking to pick up a new "younger" wife that is like 50 years old. They look like their wife left them so they cashed in the retirement account and bought their beloved Vette they always wanted but never were "allowed" to get.

More people I know (mostly girls) make fun of the Vette guys, no lies. I have had nothing but praise both personally and from others about this 335i. It is just a way better car in so many ways.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #61
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
def to each their own, i knida agree.. my next car is gonna be that r8/bently/ or the gtr.... could car less about racing people in straight lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
... because I was looking to buy a new corvette when I decided to buy this 335i. Price was actually very similar and you can get practically 0% financing with most American models. To me, the corvette LS3 only seemed a tad faster and it wasn't worth it to be surrounded by the plain and plastic-like interior. It just seemed like a cheap generic car on the inside. Also 90% of vette drivers (atleast that I have seen) are 60 years old with a couple of gold chains on looking to pick up a new "younger" wife that is like 50 years old. They look like their wife left them so they cashed in the retirement account and bought their beloved Vette they always wanted but never were "allowed" to get.

More people I know (mostly girls) make fun of the Vette guys, no lies. I have had nothing but praise both personally and from others about this 335i. It is just a way better car in so many ways.

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #62
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
... Also 90% of vette drivers (atleast that I have seen) are 60 years old with a couple of gold chains on looking to pick up a new "younger" wife that is like 50 years old. They look like their wife left them so they cashed in the retirement account and bought their beloved Vette they always wanted but never were "allowed" to get.

Once you combine the weight handicap that those gold chains and spare tires (around the middle) add, I think the 335 comes out pretty close to even on weight.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #63
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
def to each their own, i knida agree.. my next car is gonna be that r8/bently/ or the gtr.... could car less about racing people in straight lines!
+ One hundred million!!! Couldnt agree more! Def. go for the GTR!
      06-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #64
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

I still don't undesrtand how any one with some kind of car knowledge can compare moded car to stuck car, and/or car with broken in engine to brand new car? Does n't make any sense at all...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #65
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Quote:
R8 hands down. That car takes my breath away. I want the dark red with black side "blade". AWD, great engine, very light-weight... I built one online and of course I pimped it out with navigation and everything, but it came out to about $127k.

I honestly don't think there is a car at any price I would rather have right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #66
supracg
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

we're comparing cars with equal total price/worth rather than stock vs stock, new 335i with those mods vs corvette (lets say base vs base option-wise) probably close to same price, not saying this is right but i can understand this perspective
Appreciate 0