E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK BMW Dealers: General Opinions?

10-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #331
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
I bought the E46 and E87 from Jamie Gibson at Sycamore Peterborough and I really don't have a negative thing to say about them. Absolutely spot on service and Jamie has gone out of his way on a number of occasions where work that needed done may or may not have been covered under warranty. David Nairne, one of the business managers, top bloke too.

All in all very helpful - it's at the point now that I'd rather buy from Sycamore even if the same car is slightly cheaper elsewhere.
      10-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #332
jamesg
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i

Had a Vehicle Check service today at Westerly Bridgwater. Total cost £110 inc courtesy car.

Excellent service as usual, fast and hassle free!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #333
fortygreen
Rep
Drives: 325i SE Coupe 3.0L(N53)

Just had my E92 serviced at Ocean Falmouth, for second time. They informed me of the latest recall to replace certain fuel injectors and handled this efficiently, as they did in 2008 when the HP fuel pump had to be replaced after limping back from Brittany. Have just moved to Cornwall from Bucks and while I can't fault Sytner High Wycombe, the service feels more personal at Ocean, more like little Hughenden BMW used to be before Sytner took them over.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #334
gabble
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Knights north staffs (Stoke) is the one I use most. I do approx 30k a year in a privately funded car.

I find them hard work to be honest. Many of the staff have a veneer of extreme politeness, which I could do without if I was getting a more genuine response instead. That said, they seem to have stabilised with some much better service staff of late, Leanne in particular always seems to talk sense and be genuinely helpful.

Fastlane servicing always seems to take longer than expected. Free wifi, but you need to get a special code, which takes time for no real benefit. Starbucks coffee a nice touch.

Number one gripe though is when you arrive in a hurry to drop your car off on the way to work, you have to wait whilst they find you on their computer, mess with your key, print out about 10 separate sheets of paper, collect them from a shared printer behind them. All in all there is a good 15 mins worth of contact for something that should be as simple as swapping keys.

Holdcroft subaru by contrast have all this paperwork ready when you arrive. A quick swap of keys, a sign here and 3 mins later you are off again.

Over the years I've found them difficult on non-routine problems, such as broken headlight washers, door lock actuators etc where they have been keen to get me to agree to paying "investigation costs" despite being a very regular customer, and the issue being one that is known by BMW and therefore very very likely to be FOC. Doesn't seem necessary.

Perhaps I'm giving them a hard time. Certainly they are no worse than Bluebell Crewe (3 hrs for a standard 90min fastlane service).

Personal favourite was Bluebell Wilmslow who were always straightforward and easy to deal with, but I no-longer work near there!

gabble
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #335
Bleah
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

Cooper BMW in READING,

the nicest guys I have met ever in a dealership. Ross the salesperson was incredibly easy to deal with - and the money man Paul did all he could to make sure I was happy.
I used to get my old M3 serviced here before and the level of professionalism was again good.
I will have no hesitation using their services at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #336
wrw199
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Chandlers Brighton

Spotted this thread and thought I'd give some feedback on Chandlers in Brighton where I bought my 2008 320d M Sport from a few months ago. This is my first post on here, but I thought this was a worthy topic for it!

Initial impressions of Chandlers were good, its a smart dealership and the car I spotted was up for a good price, and on test driving it, it looked immaculate and drove well (I'd tried others too). The only issue was a loose handbrake that, in my opinion, needed tightening. I was told it was self adjusting and would sort itself (it never has).

I live in Essex and the dealership agreed to deliver the car to my home free of charge. On delivery, the car looked perfect. However, later in the day I spotted quite a large flake in the paint next on the rear windscreen pillar; several layers of paint were missing in an area larger than 1 square inch. I knew this couldn't have been caused by me as I would have noticed, and it was in an unusual place and couldn't have been caused by a stone chip.

On reporting this to the dealership, they (reluctantly) suggested getting quotes in my local area to sort the problem, and they would pay for the work. This I did at two places, but Chandlers said the amounts quoted were too much. Eventually after dozens of phone calls they agreed to pick the car up, do the work and deliver it back again. This was now over a month into our ownership of the car. The car went away and came back with the bodywork pretty much spot on, but the aforementioned handbrake was exactly the same.

This whole process took well over a month and at times looked like it would never be sorted. At one point the salesman I had been dealing with was due to confirm a date for the car to be booked in, only to disappear on leave for a week with no word back from him. As a result of this poor service, I decided to complain to the boss of the dealer network. He was very helpful and concerned at the poor service we'd received. He investigated our complaint and came back to us with a very honest response. In short he said that our salesman had known about the paintwork issue all along as it was recorded at the pre-delivery inspection. The salesman decided to send the car out anyway, and feigned ignorance when we reported the problem.

I was pleased at the honesty of the response from the boss, but my lack of faith in used car salesmen was sent to new depths. I found it hard to believe that an approved used BMW could fail to meet such basic standards of finish, and that a member of the sales team could show such dishonesty and unhelpfulness.

Anyway, the moral of the story for me is to never ever trust a used sales outfit and not to be taken in by the glitz and promise of "an approved" used car. Its still a second hand car being sold in the traditional way - ie. with a generous helping of bullsh*t on the side.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #337
ComputerKnowHow
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Interested to read gabble's latest comments on Knights North Staffs in Stoke. I agree regarding the time taken at key handover but it does at least give you chance to get items on to the job card without having to leave a love letter to the technicians.

My gripe is on the quibbling of the amount of fuel in the loan car upon return. BMW servicing isn't cheap and to argue over 2 litres of fuel seems petty in the extreme.

On the other hand I had an issue at MOT time which Knights really saved the day and their service to me as a customer was second to none. Long story short, car failed MOT due to leaking diesel from a split breather pipe (relatively common issue I gather from this forum). I would be allowed to drive the car home and then back to Knights for a fix and retest.

The catch? I don't live in the area anymore and myself & my fiancee were visiting the area to do a lot of wedding planning as we planned our wedding in North Staffs before we moved. The MOT failure was around 5pm on a Friday night, we were due at our hotel later that evening and had planned the weekend around having a car.

15 minutes later Leanne had sorted a loan of a new 318i for the weekend at no charge with no fuss and organised a technician to come in on the Saturday morning as it's a long job to replace this pipe. They also offered to take up my case with BMW for a goodwill gesture as the bill for this piece of work came to approx £700. I had to pay the bill upfront to get my car back - if I still lived locally I might have argued that point and kept the loan car.

Saturday afternoon I got the car back fully repaired, MOT retest done, washed and vacced and ready for the rest of the weekend.

Monday lunchtime I got a call from Leanne saying that BMW were willing to make a 50% contribution. I admit I got a bit sniffy, stated I knew it was a common fault on a supposedly prestige vehicle, and that I was a loyal customer, had all my servicing done by them and have the comprehensive insured warranty (check your handbook if you have this warranty - the fuel pipes are specifically excluded). An hour later Leanne called me back stating that BMW were covering 100% of the bill and she refunded my card there and then for the full amount.

So my gripe in this case was really with BMW and the failure of the pipe, but Knights North Staffs, specifically Leanne, did everything they could for me in a difficult situation and I'd recommend them.

They were also extremely helpful in tracking down a buckled wheel, taking the time to try to balance the wheels and take the car on an extended test drive and showing me the way they balance wheels compared with outfits like Kwik Fit. OK, the replacement wheel was pricey but I've come to expect it!

At least the screenwash remains exceptional value for money!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #338
marcm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 LCI

First public moan about dealer...
name: Williams Bolton
shame: Took over 2.5Hrs to do a vehicle check.... yes a vehicle check that was quoted by them to be 1-1.5Hrs.

I foolishly decided to book a hang a round while we do it slot as I can handle 1.5Hrs but got serously griped at 2.5Hrs waiting.
The guy giving me the keys back could see I wasnt happy and said he would note my car down for a full valet next time it comes in. I dont think I will be returning my car to them. Had niggles with them before mainly to do with lack of feedback/info yet one of their key 10 points it to always inform the customer of any delays or information that they may need to know, and this is advertised on large plasma screens all over the place.

I suppose you forgot that I needed informing and that maybe my time is valuable.

Need to find a reliable BMW dealership in Manchester now. (sigh)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #339
dilshan86
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i Coupe M-Sport

Hi there,

First post on the forum as I recently just bought my 330i coupe!

I travelled all the way up to Colne to Lloyd Colne to purchase my BMW. I'd decided to put the holding deposit down on the car during the week, after having seen plenty more pictures taken especially for me and receiving further assurances that the car was exactly as described.

I think it's natural to still be nervous but on arriving, I found that my car had been shielded from the falling snow, which was a nice touch. I'd dealt with John Edge over the phone to secure the car, but the deal was sealed with Richard Turner.

The car was exactly as described - which shouldn't be something I'm pointing out, but it's all too often that prospective buyers turn up to see a car not quite how it was advertised. I spent a full 5 minutes walking around the car, inspecting everything and could not find a blemish, not bad for an 07 plate.

I'm a tad wary of the fact that I look quite young and hence could be treated differently, but the service was flawless, I got a nice long test drive across various roads, with Richard teaching about the merits of various gadgets and the engine.

I decided to take the car that day, and it was fully prepped, minus the MOT and floor mats, which Richard deducted from the sale price and promised to send out to my home address respectively.

I must also mention Daffyd who set my car up perfectly. This might be part of the service but it's just exactly what you need as a new owner.

I part exchanged my old car, and realised during the week that I'd left something in there. When I called to inquire about this, I was told my car had been sold on - but Lloyd Colne have endeavoured to find it and in fact I was told that I should have my belongings posted to me by next week!

Couldn't really be any happier!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #340
chris325
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i msport coupe

Any body had any dealings with Chandlers Hailsham? I bought my 325 Coupe from Park Lane - pretty good - but Hailsham is my nearest stealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #341
Gra
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335d M Sport

Bought a 335d from Cooper York recently and have to say I was very happy with the service provided by Matthew Broadfoot, who turned out to be my kind of salesman, he was substantially more interested in selling the actual car then selling the extras, which is exactly what I wanted.

The car had a few minor cosmetic issues, all of which were sorted out with no fuss and I was kept informed throughout. When I picked the car up it could have been brand new for the condition it was in. Very impressed.

The whole experience was very straightforward and simple compared to a couple of previous (non-BMW) purchases. Needless to say I'm driving around with a stupid grin on my face still.

Would certainly recommend.
      03-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #342
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc kid View Post
Anyone used BMW park lane, service dept in battersea, any good any one?
Used them last month (March 2012). Took my 320D M-Sport (25K miles) for an oil change & filter as the onboard computer said so.
However, reception advised that some additonal items needed servicing/replacement:-

Microfilter service
Intake silencer filter
Service fuel filter
The motor was washed & vacuumed F.O.C.
They also topped up the screen bottle and put air in the tyres.

Said the service would take 1 1/2 hours and it did. Used the time in Starbucks, about 500m away.

It also went there some 6 months ago for a brake fluid change.

All the above did cost some money. the motor is still under warranty, but I consider it money well spent, what ever the independents can offer.

Very pleasant reception and they certainly seem to know the business.
Stephen James is close by, but frankly, I would'nt take my motor anywhere else, other than BMW Park Lane at Nine Elms (Battersea).
I have no connection with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #343
zbox999
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 E60

Firstly let me say I love BMW's and despite this experience still am about to buy an F01 BMW 7 2011 model from another dealer. However, let me say I have never had to go through so much hassle with any company - ever. The Berry BMW people have let me down in the most disappointing and shocking way imaginable. Having been a loyal BMW customer for many years and having also been a Berry BMW client and bought a brand new BMW X5 for over 50k for my wife from there I regret to say I will never use these people ever again for anything.

I also own an E60 M5 2010 model and I have to say that this garage is the worst BMW dealer or for that matter any car out there that I have experienced. Their customer care is shockingly bad and they have despite me having written email letter after letter of compaint have done nothing about any of my issues from minor to major. Their neglect and lack of correct diagnostics on the transmission caused my M5 at 13k miles (which had been driven sensibly for an M car, never track day'd and never abused or even M5 launch controlled ever) to breakdown and they simply did not care or offer any reasonable compensation. The clutch was said to have had worn out but the fact was it was not worn but in fact a defective component and BMW head office had goodwilled me the new parts to keep me happy and them doing so indicated I thought indicated good customer care. Berry however did not share the same "goodwill" opinion and refused to "goodwill" the labour which in effect costs Berry's business zero incremental cost since the techicians are paid regardless of whether they work or not. I thought maybe they had changed their mind when I was asked to then come and meet the dealer principal. I did so but In the meeting however, I then understood that the "level" of customer care stems from the top as unfortunately the DP too had zero regard for any complaint I had made and effectively said he took umbrage to my complaint and had the cheek to say I was being unreasonable. I was then called a liar in the same meeting and he said I had kerbed a courtesy car's wheels previously when I had in fact not! It seemed Berry had a grudge against me for allegedly kerbing a courtesy car and seemed to be then being spiteful to me to take revenge!! Anyway I told them if I had kerbed the courtesy car then of course I would pay for it as money was not an issue but I had not and it was a point of principal. They refused and I then told them to forget giving me a £200 discount on the labout charge of £ 1000.00 and said to charge me the full price as they ought not to even bother with the measly £200. I then told them I would never deal with them again. I left ad went to my office and by the time I had got there I discovered that they even went so far as to jeopardise my part ex of the M5 to another dealer by "speaking" with them and telling them not to deal with me or my car!! In all due to their lack of care, service and attention I am out of pocket for more than £6000.00. Having also purchased many brand new marques of car before to use the words bitterly disappointed does not even begin to describe how inept and unprofessionally a loyal customer of theirs was treated.
Sales is great at taking your money and in fairness do a good job but once they have your money the "service" department does not ironically know the meaning of the word. Stay away from them at all costs unless you want to raise your blood pressure, be sorely disappointed and receive continual problem after problem and then be fobbed off, left out of pocket and be accused of lieing- seriously just go elsewhere. If not you will live to regret it.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #344
xs2man
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F11 530d M-Sport

The 2 I have visited most recently have been very good.

John Clark BMW (Dundee)
Grassics BMW (Perth)

Of course, I haven't bought anything yet, and I'd expect they would be good when someone is threatening to spend £30k.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #345
StarSailor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

I can highly recommend Lloyd BMW of Carlisle. I recently bought my E92 from them and they did everything they promised to do - they were also very pleasant to deal with. I hadn’t even seen a picture of the car when I signed the order form but everything has been every bit as good as they described with no surprises.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #346
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Stephen James Bromley

Thought I would give Stephen James Bromley a re-try.
So took a family car in for an MOT. Was quite surprised! They have had a make-over! i.e.

1)Helpful car park attendant.
2)Very pleasant receptionist who directed me to a waiting area and offered coffee.
3)Suggested I could wait for the MOT to finish. This has'nt happen before.
4)I did'nt want to wait. They said: In that case, could they drop me off somewhere in their courtesy car? This has'nt happen before. I declined as Wife waiting in my motor in car park. Saw the coutesy car out side. A big mini in bright orange. Suitably labelled!
5)Motor passed MOT and I was escorted to the car's position in the car park. This has'nt happen before.

All-in-all a pleasant experience and I shall return! yes! The car passed it's MOT!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #347
Observer1122
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Stephen James Enfield

Has anyone used Stephen James Enfield? I have used over the last couple of years and the service seems to be quite good.

Unfortunately i did have one not so pleasant experience. I brought my car there for some a small bodywork issue which needed sorting when i arrived to pick up my vehicle i noticed that the area of the vehicle which should have been repair was actually worse, i said to the person i was dealing with that i was not happy, he then came out and looked at the vehicle for himself and too his credit immeadiately admitted that the work was not up to standard and asked me to leave the vehicle, I then told him i needed a vehicle as it was the weekend and again within about 5 mins there was a courtesy vehicle ready.

I visited the dealership after the weekend to pick up my car and it was sorted - properly this time and an apology to go with it - cant ask for more than that or can you!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #348
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1122 View Post
Has anyone used Stephen James Enfield? I have used over the last couple of years and the service seems to be quite good.
One of my friends did. Had an issue with his diesel losing power and Stephen James spend over 26hrs - almost full engine strip and couldn't diagnose the problem. It then went to a local indy that diagnosed the issue in 15 mins! They advised that it was not an uncommon problem and always to check the simple things first.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #349
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleah
Cooper BMW in READING,

the nicest guys I have met ever in a dealership. Ross the salesperson was incredibly easy to deal with - and the money man Paul did all he could to make sure I was happy.
I used to get my old M3 serviced here before and the level of professionalism was again good.
I will have no hesitation using their services at all.
Either you were lucky or i was not. Qc is highly flawed in my experience. Car returned damaged and brand new wheels delivered damaged. Took a month to resolve car damage even when dealing with the GM.

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #350
Ste
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d LCI

I bought my 330d from Bavarian in Belfast and picked it up on Saturday. I have to say I had great a service, Chris from used car sales was excellent to deal with, not a high pressure sales man and a real nice bloke too. They left a bunch of flowers on the backseat which was a nice touch. The only thing I’d knock them for was that the valet wasn’t quite as good as it could have been.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #351
scotty02uk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 320D M sport

Garage List
I recently picked up my 320d from Barons farnborough, heard a lot of negative comments about them, but Tom was very friendly and answered all my questions, even put the car in the showroom for me when i came to pick her up, nice touch.
      10-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #352
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Maybe off topic I don;t know but I need to purchase a couple of parts from Sytner / BMW and could do with forum member discount.. does anyone know if we have Anneka's replacement guys and gals?