Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > tire and wheel warranty

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
yyj3869
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 328i coupe

tire and wheel warranty

it's been 5 months since i bought my car. it was 2011 CPO 328i coupe. When i bought it, the financial manager offered me to buy the extended warranty and tire and wheel warranty so I purchased it. anyway these days, I'm into new or used aftermarket wheels. here is the question. If I change the oem wheel (now I have) to aftermarket or different oem wheels, they are not going to change the tires if it's worn down or there is problem? Do I have to leave them as is?

I found the contract. it says Easy Care Gold Certified Wrap. I'm registered in Total Care.

tire and Wheel (zero deductible): We will pay by corporate credit card for the cost to replace Your Tires (original tires as supplied by the manufacturer and replacement tires of like kind and quality),for the length of this VSC, if damaged from glass, metal punctureres or other road hazard on a public roadway. We will pay for the replacement of wheels (original wheels as supplied by the manufacturer and replacement wheels of like kind and quality) rendered unserviceable due to the road hazard damage of a tire covered under this VSC. Unserviceable means that the wheel is unable to seal with the tire, resulting in air loss. You must provide receipts. Your tire must have at least 3/32" of tread depth at the shallowest point of the tire at time of blow out or flat or this coverage to apply.

that's what contract says. so I need to get used oem wheels right? but i'm not sure with tires.. if i buy from somebody who has 193m wheels come with michellin tires that needs to be replaced. they will change the tires?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
s!ke
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 6MT

Garage List
I have no idea on this but regardless of what anyone says on here I would call the dealership service manager and clarify. Not the finance guy.

/// 2008 e92 335i 6sp JB/CR | COBB AP | AR DP's | AFE DCI | FMIC | BMS Cowl Filters | Stett CP | Forge DV's | Sig photo by jMeas!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Better call the warranty company directly and ask. The dealership is in the business of selling the contract to you and will tell you anything to make you happy. Speaking from (negative) experience
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
Cabriolet2013
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Cabriolet

Garage List
I also had a problem "understanding" the tire and rim warranty. I wanted to know if I put aftermarket rims on my OEM Run Flats. They said it's covered.

Wanted to know if I put snows (not bought from dealership) on OEM rims. They said they would cover it. I have a third party warranty. Not BMW Canada. Sold to me at the dealership when I bought my 328i cab.

Made sure I got it writing on dealership letterhead.

Hope what I am going through answers some of your questions.
Retired 2006 Black 328xi Sedan
Retired 2000 Mett. Silver 323ci Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
Cabriolet2013
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang View Post
Better call the warranty company directly and ask. The dealership is in the business of selling the contract to you and will tell you anything to make you happy. Speaking from (negative) experience
My experience is the warranty company won't talk to you. They say speak to the people who sold it to you. (Dealership) Very odd as they hold the warranty! Strange but true. Just saying my experience.
Retired 2006 Black 328xi Sedan
Retired 2000 Mett. Silver 323ci Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
XM_Rocks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI, sold my E90 N54

Cant you just cancel the warranty and get the pro-rated amount?
Appreciate 0