E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > [FREE] e9x Central NJ Mod Event - Vinyl trim DIY

06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
CoolGuyNilo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335i - Few bolt ons

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman
Hi All,

After 2 successful weekends of meeting nice people and helping them with simple mods. I'd like to see what projects other forum folks would like to take on this Saturday?

I'm going to take a shot at doing/installing Vinyl on my Chrome window trim as a learning exercise. If your interested in coming out to watch/lend a hand that would be great. If you would like to do a mod on your car this weekend... please toss out some suggestions and I'm sure we can work you in.

I'm located behind the Woodbridge Mall in Central NJ (Behind the Bosco's/Fortuneoff Parking area).

Watch/Hang out/Help
1) E90bedi
2) JaysBlueE92
3) chilled_fire @ Noon EDT
4)

Requested Mod install
A) imflyerthanyou - Chrome trim Vinyl
B) Parth317 - Rear fog light lego mod and JB4
C)
D)

If you guys would like to request a mod... I would be more then welcome to help you take on the following activities.

List of things I have experience doing:
1) Installing DCI
2) Cleaning and re-oiling old DCI's (Would require multiple days and we can install your stock intake till you come back for the cleaned cones)
3) Rear fog light switch lego mod
4) Installing JB4
5) Installing AE's
6) Installing HID Fog lights
7) Installing new D1S headlight bulbs
8) Installing factory alarm (you will need to find someone to code it for you tho).
9) Installing tint protector/mole skin
10) Changing out the stock HVAC filter or stock airbox filter (this is easy)

Things I plan on doing to my car in the near future:
A) Vinyl my chrome window trim
B) HPB Interior LED lighting
C) Automatic transmission shifter mod (for pinched wires when switching over to sport mode, seems like a common issue that all e9x automatics have over time)
D) Vinyl my interior trim
E) TBD - Please suggest a mod that you would like to learn together and we can take on the job.

- Faz
Please move down to Miami !
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Nothing like group brainstorming and helping each other out. Pretty neat idea. I am down but I am only unsure if I can make it this sunday. Even though I'm an hour away I would surely take the drive to meet up and get some hands dirty. I'll report back with availability further in the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #25
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Okay guys, I've figured out that i am free on saturday, which also gives you guys a chance to go to the BBQ on sunday.

Saturday was chosen because my wife is at work that day so i have freedom to do stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #26
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGuyNilo View Post
Please move down to Miami !
Maybe one day... I hear the roads r better than in NJ!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Nothing like group brainstorming and helping each other out. Pretty neat idea. I am down but I am only unsure if I can make it this sunday. Even though I'm an hour away I would surely take the drive to meet up and get some hands dirty. I'll report back with availability further in the week.
Don't worry if u can't make this meet up, i'm going to try and do this thing once a week all summer.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #28
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Looks like someone is selling a JB4 G4 in NJ: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851957
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #29
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

June 29th, BBQ in nj: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852755
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #30
Mattshokri
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i space gray metallic

i wish you were in los angeles
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #31
dannycee
Private
Rep
Drives: n55 e92xi

I may be there even if just to help, I could bring tools? I really wanted some coding done... Hopefully ill learn by then how to, or someone will tag along that can
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshokri View Post
i wish you were in los angeles
Maybe someone in LA will pick up the torch and do the same?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #33
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycee View Post
I may be there even if just to help, I could bring tools? I really wanted some coding done... Hopefully ill learn by then how to, or someone will tag along that can
Your more than welcome to hang out. Someone else who can code might show who knows? If not i can point u towards some other local coders who can.

Do u want to do the rear fog light mod?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #34
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
How about adding paddle shifters to a non-sport car? Or adding sport/other steerign wheel in general?
Did u by chance get the BMS kit?
http://www.burgertuning.com/paddleshift.html

I think they have an install guide and it seems like u need a new wheel too?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #35
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

I would love to take part in this but im gna be working :/

Can you give a general overview of the rear fog light switch modification?
I think I may have a decent idea on how to do it but not 100% sure.

Good idea you got here, good luck and have fun!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #36
chaggitto
Not So New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive

I would have love to stop by but I work late on saturdays. But just out of curiosity, from the members attending, does anyone know or has the tools to do the alpine flash ?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #37
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Did u by chance get the BMS kit?
http://www.burgertuning.com/paddleshift.html

I think they have an install guide and it seems like u need a new wheel too?
That kit is actually what gave me the idea. I've had it bookmarked for a while now, and been considering buying it. I've also been toying with either the M wheel or the custom wheel that Bimmian sells, and would want to do it all at once.

The bimmian wheel looks pretty sweet, but I'm wrestling with trying to justify spending that much money on a steering wheel lol

http://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Ca...r-E93-3-Series
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #38
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
That kit is actually what gave me the idea. I've had it bookmarked for a while now, and been considering buying it. I've also been toying with either the M wheel or the custom wheel that Bimmian sells, and would want to do it all at once.

The bimmian wheel looks pretty sweet, but I'm wrestling with trying to justify spending that much money on a steering wheel lol

http://www.bimmian.com/AutoCarbon-Ca...r-E93-3-Series
Sometimes, its cheaper and you get better value if you sell your car and just buy a newer CPO with low miles on it??
A CPO 2010 335i e92 with low miles and loaded from BMW with a finance rate of 0.9% for 5 years is pretty hard to beat? Just swap over your mods from your current car into the newer car + do the M3 suspension retrofit... and you are golden!

I'm going to see if Jason over at BMS might have an install guide?

Last edited by fazman; 06-18-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #39
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggitto View Post
I would have love to stop by but I work late on saturdays. But just out of curiosity, from the members attending, does anyone know or has the tools to do the alpine flash ?

Thanks,
If you know someone who would be willing to remote code for you, I have a cable that works on my car that I can let you use at my place, tools wise, it's a flash... just need the software installed to be able to flash it and a laptop with 15 mins of battery life. Yea don't come late this Saturday... I'll probably be closing up around 4pm-ish at the latest since I will need to go pick up my wife from work afterwards (meaning you won't have to go home, but you can't stay here hehehe).

Last edited by fazman; 06-18-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #40
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post
I would love to take part in this but im gna be working :/

Can you give a general overview of the rear fog light switch modification?
I think I may have a decent idea on how to do it but not 100% sure.

Good idea you got here, good luck and have fun!
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
chaggitto
Not So New Member
United_States
Rep

I have the software, I'm just too cheap to buy the cable to install it.
Also I have a Bmw performance spoiler that I got but haven't been able to install with a set of kidney grills. Too bad this kind of thing doesn't happen on a Sunday. I would have had plenty of work for you guys

Quote:
If you know someone who would be willing to remote code for you, I have a cable that works on my car that I can let you use at my place, tools wise, it's a flash... just need the software installed to be able to flash it and a laptop with 15 mins of battery life. Yea don't come late this Saturday... I'll probably be closing up around 4pm-ish at the latest since I will need to go pick up my wife from work afterwards (meaning you won't have to go home, but you can't stay here hehehe).
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #42
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have the software, I'm just too cheap to buy the cable to install it.
Also I have a Bmw performance spoiler that I got but haven't been able to install with a set of kidney grills. Too bad this kind of thing doesn't happen on a Sunday. I would have had plenty of work for you guys
Your laptop + software coupled with my cable = successful coding (if you know how to code it).

one of the other guys here just installed his spoiler with 3M tape... so they can help with that. I haven't done the kidney swap but another guy has... i'm sure we can do that too.

Please remember... it's not work for me... its work for "us" including you (this is a learning get together.. .we all pitch in and help where we can).

I rotate between Saturdays and sundays depending on when my wife is at work... so if this weekend doesn't work for you... maybe the following week will??? I'll be hosting this all summer long.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
chaggitto
Not So New Member
United_States
Rep

Sounds great. Hopefully I don't miss your thread, if you have it on a sunday, count me in for all the above and by then I should have the JB4 and air intake to have US install it.

Edit : I only know how to code the alpina flash so far.

Quote:
Your laptop + software coupled with my cable = successful coding (if you know how to code it).

one of the other guys here just installed his spoiler with 3M tape... so they can help with that. I haven't done the kidney swap but another guy has... i'm sure we can do that too.

Please remember... it's not work for me... its work for "us" including you (this is a learning get together.. .we all pitch in and help where we can).

I rotate between Saturdays and sundays depending on when my wife is at work... so if this weekend doesn't work for you... maybe the following week will??? I'll be hosting this all summer long.

Last edited by chaggitto; 06-18-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #44
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds great. Hopefully I don't miss your thread, if you have it on a sunday, count me in for all the above and by then I should have the JB4 and air intake to have US install it.

Edit : I only know how to code the alpina flash so far.
If you are doing this, I would be willing to bet that a BUNCH of local folks will want to do the Alpina B3 flash with you. I have no problems with you borrowing my cable to help yourself and others do the flash, would be nice if you teach me how to do it as well

Maybe we can target Sunday 6/30/2013 for your Flash event??
Appreciate 0