E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Countdown to e90 335i PCD - Oct 16



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
rit
Second Lieutenant
rit's Avatar
33
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Countdown to e90 335i PCD - Oct 16

One more week ... the anticipation is killing me! I ordered my car in August, and I've been doing ok. Reading posts and looking at pictures here every night helps a lot. But now I'm in the home stretch, and I am READY.

The Performance Center should be fun. I've never driven on a track before. In fact, I'll have a bunch of "firsts" when I pickup my car. I've:

- Never seen a real e90 335i before (only pictures)
- Never seen an Arctic Metallic BMW before (only pictures)
- Never driven a 335i (not even an e92)
- Never been in a car with iDrive
- Never spent any significant time in any BMW (I test drove a 550i and a 330i briefly before ordering, but that's it)

We're heading up to Greenville from Atlanta Sunday. BMW is putting us up at the Marriott downtown, as per protocol. Plan to spend the day enjoying the park / restaurants / etc in Greenville, which is a great place to visit by the way. After pickup, we plan to take the scenic route home, which will give us probably 150 miles on the car. Tuesday I'm taking the day off work to play with the car. Kiddies will be in school, so I won't be able to go far, but I will get to go out and ride around with my wife. Afterwards, I plan to spend most of the afternoon / evening sitting in the car tinkering with iDrive and playing with the stereo. Then 3 days at work and a plan to head to the mountains the following weekend. I've got some great routes in mind for that!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Very excited!
__________________
Matt

335i Sedan | Arctic Metallic | Black Leather / Light Poplar | All Options
Read About My Performance Center Delivery (with Pics)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
1816
Rep
6,465
Posts

Drives: LBB M2+MPE
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

The wait is killing me too
Mine is going to be produced this week, so I'll be collecting it in about 3 weeks from today. You made a great choice. At my dealership I saw 2 335i E90 saloons being delivered. From a distance you can't tell, but underneath: Great performer. My current 330i still is a great car too.

Congrats. I cannot sleep. Maybe because of the Chinese food we had tonight...It's 2:24 AM here. GF is sleeping and I don't want to wake her
__________________
Ghe sparemo.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
dkp1RI
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 335i loaded
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Providence

iTrader: (0)

which boat did your car came on, mine was on the Manon, it docked in nyc 10/6...is 10/16 the date it will be at your dealership to be picked up
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #4
rit
Second Lieutenant
rit's Avatar
33
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
Congrats. I cannot sleep.
Thanks man.. I see you got the manual. That should be a fun ride! I considered the manual, but the traffic in Atlanta is so stop and go that I figured AT makes the most sense.

Enjoy your new car!
__________________
Matt

335i Sedan | Arctic Metallic | Black Leather / Light Poplar | All Options
Read About My Performance Center Delivery (with Pics)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
rit
Second Lieutenant
rit's Avatar
33
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp1RI
which boat did your car came on, mine was on the Manon, it docked in nyc 10/6...is 10/16 the date it will be at your dealership to be picked up
Sorry, I don't know which boat my car was on. I was assuming it would ship into Savannah or Jacksonville. Or maybe Charleston, now that I think about it. BMWUSA showed the car had arrived in the US around 10/1, and my dealer told me it had been delivered to the Performance Center in Greer, SC the other day. I'm having some accessories installed at the PC (iPod integration and alarm), so the dealer won't see it until it's time for maintenance unless I take it by to show him beforehand.

Enjoy your new car!
__________________
Matt

335i Sedan | Arctic Metallic | Black Leather / Light Poplar | All Options
Read About My Performance Center Delivery (with Pics)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
147
Rep
3,422
Posts

Drives: F10 535i xDrive ZMM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rit
One more week ... the anticipation is killing me! I ordered my car in August, and I've been doing ok. Reading posts and looking at pictures here every night helps a lot. But now I'm in the home stretch, and I am READY.

The Performance Center should be fun. I've never driven on a track before. In fact, I'll have a bunch of "firsts" when I pickup my car. I've:

- Never seen a real e90 335i before (only pictures)
- Never seen an Arctic Metallic BMW before (only pictures)
- Never driven a 335i (not even an e92)
- Never been in a car with iDrive
- Never spent any significant time in any BMW (I test drove a 550i and a 330i briefly before ordering, but that's it)

We're heading up to Greenville from Atlanta Sunday. BMW is putting us up at the Marriott downtown, as per protocol. Plan to spend the day enjoying the park / restaurants / etc in Greenville, which is a great place to visit by the way. After pickup, we plan to take the scenic route home, which will give us probably 150 miles on the car. Tuesday I'm taking the day off work to play with the car. Kiddies will be in school, so I won't be able to go far, but I will get to go out and ride around with my wife. Afterwards, I plan to spend most of the afternoon / evening sitting in the car tinkering with iDrive and playing with the stereo. Then 3 days at work and a plan to head to the mountains the following weekend. I've got some great routes in mind for that!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Very excited!

I am couple of days after you but on ED! I am with you on most of the facts that you have indicated at the time I've ordered the car with an exception of i-drive. I have messed around with it in my cousins 745LI. To this day I have not driven a E90 or a E92 (the closest thing I've driven is a 2004 330XI). My GF and I rushed to our local dealer when they got 3 335 coupes and luckly they had one in space gray for us to take a look at but it had the red interior..... Hopefully, in 10 days I will be in Munich sitting in my car.... I am pretty much dropping her off the same day to be shipped back to US.... So I still will have up to 8 weeks before she is in my garage....
__________________
Current: 2016 F10 535i xDrive AW w/ Black Dakota, ZMM, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, 688 & Black Grills + Euro Headlight Switch, Euro Tail Lights, Euro Side Mirrors, Euro Warning Triangle, Euro First Aid Kit, M5 Spoiler, M-Performance Style Front Lip
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 -AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
rit
Second Lieutenant
rit's Avatar
33
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG
I am pretty much dropping her off the same day to be shipped back to US....
LOL, when I first read this I thought you were saying you were shipping your GF back to the US so you could go drive your car.. Shipping the car back is probably the smarter choice, though. Good work!
__________________
Matt

335i Sedan | Arctic Metallic | Black Leather / Light Poplar | All Options
Read About My Performance Center Delivery (with Pics)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
147
Rep
3,422
Posts

Drives: F10 535i xDrive ZMM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rit
LOL, when I first read this I thought you were saying you were shipping your GF back to the US so you could go drive your car.. Shipping the car back is probably the smarter choice, though. Good work!
Nope the car I am only going there for 3 days..... GF is staying in Seattle this time since we do not have time to make this an European vacation.... We just got back from Europe in September....
__________________
Current: 2016 F10 535i xDrive AW w/ Black Dakota, ZMM, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, 688 & Black Grills + Euro Headlight Switch, Euro Tail Lights, Euro Side Mirrors, Euro Warning Triangle, Euro First Aid Kit, M5 Spoiler, M-Performance Style Front Lip
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 -AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
ATL_Architect
Private
ATL_Architect's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2009 328i e92
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Glad to hear you are doing PCD. I had a great time back in August picking up my 330i. You can read my write up on bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162751

Have fun!
__________________
Current: 2009 BMW 328i (e92) M-Sport - PCD on July 22, 2009
Former: 2006 BMW 330i (e90)- PCD on August 25, 2006: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162751
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
rit
Second Lieutenant
rit's Avatar
33
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Architect
You can read my write up on bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162751

Have fun!
Oh believe me, I've read your post about 5 times! I can hardly wait!

I'm actually at the Marriott in Greer right now. Doing PCD tomorrow. They're supposed to come pick up my wife and me at 7:45a.

I SAW MY CAR ALREADY! I took my kids to a playground in Greer, which is conveniently down the road a bit past the performance center. I really didn't expect to see my car there, but there were a ton of bimmers. You can see the Performance Center track from the road, so I pulled in for a better look and, surprisingly, the gates were open at about 5pm Sunday. There was nobody around, so I drove around and looked at all the cars. Among the highlights were an Arctic Metallic 330i, apparently for track driving, a totally mangled 335i coupe (ouch!), a fancy two-door sports coupe that I am not familiar with, and, in the back, 7 more Arctic Metallic 330i's. I took pictures of everything, but it turns out that I left my computer cable at home, so I can't upload tonight. Sorry!

Anyway, after leaving, I glanced at the front of the building and saw another Arctic Metallic 3 series behind the glass. I knew it had to be mine, so I turned around and went back. Sure enough, it was my 335i sedan. IT LOOKS GOOOOOD! I was able to walk right up to the glass and see the car about 2 feet away on the other side. All my manuals were laid out neatly on the table next to it, as well as MY TWO CA KEYS! My wife took a couple shots of my with my face up against the glass (ha!), then I took a bunch of pictures of the car through the glass. Then somebody knocked on the glass from the inside. It was a security guard. She asked me if I was picking up, and I told her "tomorrow". She said that people weren't supposed to take pictures, but she smiled and said "Congratulations" and left. Guess they probably were watching us on security cameras the whole time!

Anyway, sorry I don't have any pictures yet. I took a bunch, but I can't upload yet.

Headed down for dinner. I'll probably log back on later to post more. After all, I doubt I'll be doing much sleeping tonight!
__________________
Matt

335i Sedan | Arctic Metallic | Black Leather / Light Poplar | All Options
Read About My Performance Center Delivery (with Pics)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST