E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 335d 19" Pressures?

06-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

E92 335d 19" Pressures?

Hi all,

My wife has a 335d SE Coupe with the 19" rims IIRC:

225/35/19/Y

and

255/30/19/Y

Please can someone confirm the exact stock tyre pressures for the Bridgestone RFT's?

The sticker on the inside of the door is fairly ambiguous and doesn't seem to show the rear!

Anyway, we have an issue in that the inside of both front tyres is wearing badly and BMW have suggested increasing the BAR to balance out the wear. I am not a big fan of this and willl double check the alignment, and then apply exact pressures as per your advise!

Also, I noticed the thread regarding cracked wheels - this happened to us too and we paid assuming that it was a local pot hole

Slightly OT, but my 135i is wearing the fronts on the outside and inside badly and my tyre pressures have been monitored closely. Having said that I have managed a whacking 18k and considering how I drive, that's not bad!

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

I will check the exact pressures for RFT 19" for you in the morning. However, I will make a couple of points regarding the tyre wear. The excessive inside edge wear on the fronts is not really to do with pressures - it's much more likely to do with excessive negative camber, and/or misaligned toe angle (as in the front wheels are toeing out as opposed to toeing in).

You must double-check the alignment and then proceed accordingly with the correct pressures.

On the 135i, the only reason why you would have inner AND outer wear, but not in the central cross section, is because the tyre is under-inflated. Are you sure that the tyres have been inflated correctly? You need to get yourself a proper tyre pressure gauge if you haven't already - the ones on the air machines at the local petrol station are notoriously inaccurate. Having said all that, 18k isn't bad, but then it does depend how you drive!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Thanks for the help, will look forward to the reply

I think my 135 pressures are okay most of the time, and due in part to my spirited driving, and attacking of roundabouts

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0