E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Andy Murray

07-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

AlanQS I have read your above post, plus all the others, plus all those on the internet saying what a good lad he is and how butter would never melt in his mouth etc etc, plus all his quotes on and off the tennis court.
And I have come to the conclusion that all those words in his defence are just a load of waffle and bullshxt.
I am quite sure he new what he was saying and he meant it.
Being anti English is a popular pass time in Scotland, nicely kept on the simmer by organisations like the SNP and their supporters.
Being anti English is for them a natural passtime, but sometimes they come unstuck!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #46
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
AlanQS I have read your above post, plus all the others, plus all those on the internet saying what a good lad he is and how butter would never melt in his mouth etc etc, plus all his quotes on and off the tennis court.
And I have come to the conclusion that all those words in his defence are just a load of waffle and bullshxt.
Being anti English is a popular pass time in Scotland, nicely kept on the simmer by organisations like the SNP and their supporters.
Being anti English is for them a natural passtime, but sometimes they come unstuck!
Spent much time in Scotland?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #47
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Anytime you've been in Scotland, have you ever been abused because you are English?

Have you even seen anybody post anti English comments on here?

For all the English people I know, none have ever complained about being here as they fit in fine.

Obviously it is not as popular as you think to be anti English.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Spent much time in Scotland?
Have soldiered, climbed, walked, skied & holidayed in Scotland.
Like Scotland very much, the prob is some of the people who live there!
If you want to listen to a good selection of snide anti English remarks best take the tourist open top bus down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. It's as good as you'll get!
It's prob I find with all the Gaelic tribes, they like to hand it out particularly when they have a dram or two, but they just can't take it back!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #49
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Have soldiered, climbed, walked, skied & holidayed in Scotland.
Like Scotland very much, the prob is some of the people who live there!
If you want to listen to a good selection of snide anti English remarks best take the tourist open top bus down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. It's as good as you'll get!
It's prob I find with all the Gaelic tribes, they like to hand it out particularly when they have a dram or two, but they just can't take it back!
Do people randomly shout at the bus, or we so bitter we are discussing anti English topics in our day-to-day life you manage to eavesdrop as the bus flies past?

Edinburgh is probably the least likely place to be considered anti English.

I'm picking up you are more anti Scottish than vice versa
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #50
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
So, you don't believe Tim Henman and you believe that Richard Littlejohn is telling the truth about the Paraguay shirt?

I find that utterly astounding, really I do. Never let the facts interrupt a fixed attitude, eh?

As for your hearing anti English comments in Edinburgh, I totally believe you. Funnily enough, Scots hear plenty of anti Scots comments when in England and even at home.

I remember an English director of the national company I worked for visiting our site in Scotland and none of us had ever met him before. He was shown around, saw the state of the contract and came out with "not bad for a bunch of Jocks". Now maybe he might have been one of these people whose humour is of the straight faced variety but during his entire visit there was no other evidence of humour so we just put it down to his belief system.

But my main beef is when someone, like those two journalists, takes an innocuous comment out of context and then use it to persuade his public of a viewpoint which he obviously has and is a complete fabrication about the person in question then that's just plain nasty, and the fact that urban myths can be sustained for so long despite the truth being in the open, makes me despair.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #51
m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Anytime you've been in Scotland, have you ever been abused because you are English?.
I have!

I lived in Edinburgh for a couple of years and abuse because I was English especially when out on the town at a weekend was common place.

Just like I got abuse for "being white" on a bus in the middle of the day in Southall a few weeks ago.
      07-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #52
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Actually I have to put my hand up too. I've been made to feel extremely uncomfortable on a few occasions when I've been in Scotland. Edinburgh/Leith mainly and in situations with locals rather than tourist industry twonks. A shame really because I love that part of the world and as a northerner I probably feel a closer affinity to the Scots than I do London-centric southern England.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #53
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

This is the reason why one day we will kill ourselves off. Obviously not because of andy murray.

The scotts I have met have been nothing but great people. Equally I bet there are just as many Scottish pricks as there are English.

Why so much prejudice aimed at the Scotts more recently the Irish have had a crack with the London IRA bombings. My mum is Irish before I get hung.

Let's all just fucking get on, we all breathe the same air
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #54
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Well I have to say it serves you all right for going to Edinburgh in the first place

Hating the English is like a national sport up here (it forms the basis of our national anthem for god sake) but I don't actually believe 99% of the people that act in such a way actually do hate English people. It's almost like a running joke that stopped being funny to most people centuries ago.

I've never heard English people being openly abused in public simply because they are English and none of my English friends have encountered this as far as I am aware. It's disgusting that it clearly does happen. The offenders truly are the minority and are not the few brave souls willing to tell the "old enemy" what we are all thinking to their faces.

I often spend time in London for work and have been called a jock, sweaty sock and a few other choice names before but I never really felt it was abuse. Just a bit of gentle ribbing that flows both ways.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #55
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Well said mowflow! And for me sum's it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #56
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
...Like Scotland very much, the prob is some of the people who live there!...
I moved from England to Scotland 20 years ago and have never encountered anything more than good humoured 'old enemy' banter; a two way trade without rancour, and especially enjoyable over a few shared drams.
Perhaps the "prob", as you so succinctly put it, is more to do with how someone like yourself approaches the locals; if you look hard enough for a "prob" (), you'll surely find it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #57
chedixon
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 YMB Coupe

Can't Believe theyve made Ryan Giggs the Team GB football Captain, lets all get along and turn on the Welsh! lol

07-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #58
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Ooft! Don't get me started on the sheep shaggers
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #59
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Ooft! Don't get me started on the sheep shaggers
Oi!!!

I think we should just leave it now, and stop feeding the troll...its patently obvious who has the issue.....and its not Andy Murray!!!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #60
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting that folk from the 'Land of Our Fathers' have woken up!
That's another place that likes to ride the nationalistic horse.
Could the road signs in Scotland follow and be in Gaelic in the distant future? OMG, they say it will be then called Skintland!
Could say a lot about the LOMF, the prob is I'm going up 'The Fan' and roundabout, later in the summer, and don't want to stir up the red dragon!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #61
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Interesting that folk from the 'Land of Our Fathers' have woken up!
That's another place that likes to ride the nationalistic horse.
Could the road signs in Scotland follow and be in Gaelic in the distant future? OMG, they say it will be then called Skintland!
Could say a lot about the LOMF, the prob is I'm going up 'The Fan' and roundabout, later in the summer, and don't want to stir up the red dragon!
It is pretty clear who is the bitter one and why you draw negative attention.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #62
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
The penny drops for me now...
But Carjack, please feel free to vent your ire on the non-English if you wish. I would be interested in seeing how much of it is based upon mis-information and urban myth and how much of it is just loyalty to the tribe - which we all share to a lesser or greater degree.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #63
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Thought id share this ever so polite private message i received from my fellow member 'awfully polite'

"To be honest Scotland are pretty rubbish at sports. To be fair Murray does not deserve any sympathy from the english home crowd. Not because of the anyone but england comment, but because even though he rebuilt himself through tougher training his game is still crap.

Its people like you who justify his shitness. Therefore he wont change.

Thanks for nothing. I visited scotland last year. never again it was worse than murrays tennis. I prefer bosnia my home town. "

So to quote you my friend " people like me" did point out in my only post in this thread that yes scotland is shite at just about everything but the fact that the media takes a comment of andy murrays out of context which has been pointed out several times but its people like you that jump on the media bus which controls this country in more ways than anyone realizes.

In future lad if youve got somethin to say keep it public and less of the " people like me" pish

Im only a scotsman, who does have many very good english friends
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #64
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
yes scotland is shite at just about everything
Don't be too hard on yourselves - there's no better nation for throwing a telegraph pole end-over-end whilst wearing a dress.

<joke!!! >
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #65
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Don't be too hard on yourselves - there's no better nation for throwing a telegraph pole end-over-end whilst wearing a dress.

<joke!!! >
Lol i enjoy gettin a dress on now and again but im pish at the caber!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #66
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
Thought id share this ever so polite private message i received from my fellow member 'awfully polite'

"To be honest Scotland are pretty rubbish at sports. To be fair Murray does not deserve any sympathy from the english home crowd. Not because of the anyone but england comment, but because even though he rebuilt himself through tougher training his game is still crap.

Its people like you who justify his shitness. Therefore he wont change.

Thanks for nothing. I visited scotland last year. never again it was worse than murrays tennis. I prefer bosnia my home town. "

So to quote you my friend " people like me" did point out in my only post in this thread that yes scotland is shite at just about everything but the fact that the media takes a comment of andy murrays out of context which has been pointed out several times but its people like you that jump on the media bus which controls this country in more ways than anyone realizes.

In future lad if youve got somethin to say keep it public and less of the " people like me" pish

Im only a scotsman, who does have many very good english friends
What a strange PM to send.

I wonder why he tried to wind you up?

This is all getting very stupid now.
Appreciate 0