E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > LI Service

11-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
mjm22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

LI Service

Bayshore BMW for service, thoughts? Has anyone been there recently?

I know there has been a lot of chatter about this place in the past, just wondering if they brushed off their newbe jitters. I've been going to Rally, which is where I bought my car. My service guy is great, the service that has been provided has been mediocare at best. Twice in the last 6 months I have brought my car there and the NEXT morning, after picking it up, the check engine light came on.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

there wack i heard... from jerry lol anyways hit up Chris at BMW of Smithtown a little further but well worth it
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
BKV122
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330xi  [9.50]
Oyster bay is nice its close and easy to work with bc they are a smaller dealer. Haven't had a problem the times ive gone there.
      11-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm22 View Post
Bayshore BMW for service, thoughts? Has anyone been there recently?

I know there has been a lot of chatter about this place in the past, just wondering if they brushed off their newbe jitters. I've been going to Rally, which is where I bought my car. My service guy is great, the service that has been provided has been mediocare at best. Twice in the last 6 months I have brought my car there and the NEXT morning, after picking it up, the check engine light came on.

Thanks.
Skip. These guys are totally useless. Here is my recent experience:

-In August my regular dealer did an early oil change but forgot to reset the Oil change reminder.

-2 weeks ago I went to Bayshore to see if they can replace my Chrome trim and to reset the Oil change reminder to 15000.

-A loaner was not provided, granted my appointment was last minute, so I asked to be dropped to the train station.

-Call the service advisor twice during the day. The first call, I was advised that the Chrome trim is considered environmental damage, no warranty. I was told the Oil change light will be reset and to pick up my car after 5PM.

-I call back a couple of hours later to inquire about getting picked up at the train station. "Ohh, we can't do that. Nobody is here after 5PM." WTF was my reaction, so how am I suppose to pick up my car?

-I ask a favor of a friend who drops me to Bayshore BMW.

-Go inside to see my advisor, he calls one of his guys to bring my car into the garage for pick up.

-Tech pulls my car out, pops the clutch without going into neutral. My reaction to the Service Advisor was "WTF??" You have staff that are driving stick cars that don't know how to drive stick? . He proceeds to tell the guy to put the car in neutral before letting the clutch out. Again I was like WTF!!!

-I look over the car, all looks good. I get in the car and the one freakin' thing I wanted them to do they didn't do. They didn't reset the Oil change reminder.. Serivce advisor, who i am convinced is useless and has totally wasted my time, calls a tech on the phone to find out how to reset the light. Makes me wait 30 mins fiddling with all sorts of buttons. He then proceeds to tell me that all techs leave at 4PM and that he's sorry. I tell him "you are sorry that you couldn't pick me up from the train station, you had my car for the entire day, your drivers don't know how to drive stick and you couldn't reset 1 light?" Told him to give me my keys.

I have called BMW and told them my experience at this dealership.

Moral of the story. Don't trust these f***ers with your car.
Appreciate 0