E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stuttering, Misfiring, Stumbling--Fixed!

07-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #67
boxter
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieman78 View Post
everytime my car goes into one of these crazy rough idle modes and constant LIMP modes, i just plug in the BT cable and erase all faults and reset and all is well for a few weeks then starts again so I reset again. I have never done any selective resets as u guys mentioned above. i just reset everythng. All my rough idles and LIMPs were in the mornings on cold start. Car always ran well once warmed up. Initially i thought i was getting the pump failure but if the symptoms go away after clearing the codes then it cant be the pump.

I think that 90% of everyone's problems are actually the electronics and ECU, but sooooo many people take their cars in to the dealer and have everything replaced for no reason and then they get more real problems.

If you ever have a problem, always recet the ECU with the BT cable OR just unhook your battery which also recets the ECU. If the problem persists after a computer reset then u may have an actual hardware problem and not an ECU malfunction
Hi,

please I have not the BT cable, can I reset the adaptations unplugging the battery?
Where can I buy the BT cable? Is it the best option?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #68
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxter View Post
Hi,

please I have not the BT cable, can I reset the adaptations unplugging the battery?
Where can I buy the BT cable? Is it the best option?

Thanks a lot
yes just unplug the battery for 1 hour or so. Check the sponsor section to buy BT cable .
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #69
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

Im bumping this up just asking a question didnt feel like everyone saying go use search....
but can you use the procede to reset adaptations?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #70
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yes, the Procede has a bunch of adaptions it can reset.

Plug and Play (PnP) Harness
AutoTuning
Vishnu Command Center
Closed-Loop Ignition Timing Control
Flat-Foot Shift/No-Lift Shift (6MT)
2-Step Rev Limit/Launch Control (6MT)
Built-in PWM Methanol Control I/O
Built-in Methanol Pump Arming Circuit
3bar MAP sensor input
External 0-5v wideband input
Automatic Wastegate Compensation
In-Dash Multi-Informational Displays
On-the-fly Mapswitching
DME code reading/clearing
Built-in Wideband AFR Monitoring
High-Speed Datalogging
In-Dash Trouble Code Display
Isolated PID Boost Control
Speed Delimiter
Diagnostic Invisibility
Adjustable/Audible Shift Alert
Diagnostic Adaptation Resets
Wastegate Rattle Fix
Performance Traction Control
Secondary Autotuning Map (Map2)
Naturally Aspirated Map (Map3)
Progressive Methanol Map (Map4)
Complete map-ability though User Tuning Interface
USB interface (cable included)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #71
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

thankyou
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #72
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Here is an exact list

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #73
ronokenneally
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy

So I'm new to the forum and new to owning a BMW. I bought a 08 E92 335XI about 1 month ago. I’m living in Calgary so currently ~25 C and 13.5 psia. I have looked through the official misfire thread and this thread and am still unsure of where my problem matches the many variations of described problems, and more importantly what I should be doing to solve it.

So about 10% of the time between the 2000-3500 rpm I will get a hesitation and shuddering it can happen at high and low speeds. I have noticed the rpm rarely wander about <50 rpm at lights but nothing drastic not sure if it is happening at that same 10% of the time I have the shuddering problem.

There is no codes being thrown.
Modification free except the connection in the trunk for the exhaust is disconnected.
It has 52,000 km

I am going giving it an overhaul service or break it up into parts but beginning with; Spark plugs (NGK), Coils (6), and changing all transmission fluids.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #74
ronokenneally
Rep

So I have tried using ‘Launch X431’ Scan tool and couldn’t find a breakdown of the individual parameters listed in this guide but was able to find a some general reset options, I tried all the options listed in the picture attached and it seems to have made no difference.

Should I buy my own Bavaria Technic cable so I can follow this guide precisely? I’m guessing this is the best buy for a scan tool and most guides refer to this cable.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #75
ronokenneally
Rep

Bump for advice? I'm probably going to get the Bavarian Technic cable to follow the guide precisely.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #76
AviatorBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92

Very informative thread but can someone come up with the correct procedure in an easy to follow step by step instructions? Seems like there are several schools of thought as far as whether it should be done with engine on or off, reset or not reset ECU, which resets to perform, etc.

1. Should it be done with engine on or off?
2. Reset ECU after all adaptations are resetted?
3. If done with engine running, turn engine off after all is done, start it up again or simply do a test drive immediately after adaptation resets?

I want to do this to my E92 this evening but not sure what procedure is the correct one.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0