E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > GREAT detailer close to indianapolis(indiana)?

03-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #23
Nebster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 335i

i understand. I'm not trying to get business by any means, just telling you to be careful. You DON'T WANT to give your car to someone who will make it worse than what you started with haha

and yes i've seen it done

detailing in the greater chicago area.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website, pertaining to modifications does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #24
mShu7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Mazda3 SP23 5-door

gdspshing -

Based on your own responses in this thread and my conversations with you last year when you were looking for a detailer, and again this year, I don't think you're ever going to find what you are looking for. You seem to be stuck on a low price more than anything. People have offered to help you, but some of them are understandably too far away for you. I'm only about an hour away, and again, you act like that is too far away. The problem is that you are in a market that doesn't have any quality detailers so you will have to go outside of Bloomington to find someone that can do the quality of work you are looking for. But again, since you seem to be stuck on a low price, I honestly don't think you're ever going to be happy. For the price you want to pay, you might as well take it to one of the express detail places there in Bloomington. I know another detail shop here in Indy that does very nice work on very nice cars but I know he charges in the $300-$500 range. So again, if you want quality, you're going to have to pay for it.

Just remember, cheap is rarely good and good is rarely cheap. If you want quality work that includes paint correction, you're going to have to pay for it, no matter where you go. Good luck with your search!
      03-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #25
gdspshing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

hey what's going on. I am still searching around is that i want to find a reputable detailer for my car, not because of the PRICE!! And again, comparing to the price in Hong Kong, more than 200USD to detail a car is not reasonable at all. i know i am now in US, but i am just trying to compare the price. no one want to pay for 300-500 if they can get the same result by paying 200.

so, is your store ready?

Lease Assumption/Takeover for AW E92 335i MSPORT

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396119
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #26
mShu7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Mazda3 SP23 5-door

I understand not wanting to overpay. Nobody does. But it just sounded like the price was the biggest issue. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Anyway, I just moved into my shop. Still trying to get things organized. Since I've gone from a 5'x10' trailer to a 3-bay shop, it looks like I have next to nothing to fill all the space....hehe! I've begun booking people finally, starting with next week.
      03-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #27
mastermayhm
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

go i have a buddy in indy does some badass work pm if ur interested and i go to pu haha my cousin goes to IU we should all meet up sometime when i come down er something
      03-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #28
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven Auto Detail View Post
gdspshing -

Based on your own responses in this thread and my conversations with you last year when you were looking for a detailer, and again this year, I don't think you're ever going to find what you are looking for. You seem to be stuck on a low price more than anything. People have offered to help you, but some of them are understandably too far away for you. I'm only about an hour away, and again, you act like that is too far away. The problem is that you are in a market that doesn't have any quality detailers so you will have to go outside of Bloomington to find someone that can do the quality of work you are looking for. But again, since you seem to be stuck on a low price, I honestly don't think you're ever going to be happy. For the price you want to pay, you might as well take it to one of the express detail places there in Bloomington. I know another detail shop here in Indy that does very nice work on very nice cars but I know he charges in the $300-$500 range. So again, if you want quality, you're going to have to pay for it.

Just remember, cheap is rarely good and good is rarely cheap. If you want quality work that includes paint correction, you're going to have to pay for it, no matter where you go. Good luck with your search!

Brownsburg? Hell, that isn't a bad drive from bloomington at all.....what is your average price for a 1 or 3 series? I know it usually depends on how marred the paint is, or how bad the swirls are--just wondered....

OP--if the price is right, you outta check him out--much easier than going to chitown.....

Seriously though--getting youtself a porter cable kit will cost you less than a detail, and you will be able to take care of most stuff on your own....might want to check it out--it is really easy.....
      03-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #29
gdspshing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

i know it will cost less i can do it, but i dont really have the skills and garage to do the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Brownsburg? Hell, that isn't a bad drive from bloomington at all.....what is your average price for a 1 or 3 series? I know it usually depends on how marred the paint is, or how bad the swirls are--just wondered....

OP--if the price is right, you outta check him out--much easier than going to chitown.....

Seriously though--getting youtself a porter cable kit will cost you less than a detail, and you will be able to take care of most stuff on your own....might want to check it out--it is really easy.....

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #30
gdspshing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermayhm069 View Post
go i have a buddy in indy does some badass work pm if ur interested and i go to pu haha my cousin goes to IU we should all meet up sometime when i come down er something
yea man. we should meet up !!or ask yr buddy to do the detail job for me

Appreciate 0