E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Loving the A5

02-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #45
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
AGREE!!!
for sheer driving pleasure...it's RWD baby!!!
I can respect that for feel. It's too bad with today's AWD systems that the actual performace numbers don't reflect the actual "feel".
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:48 AM   #46
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

I'm getting my A5 in May, once it arrives I think my 335i might start to collect dust.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #47
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
I'm getting my A5 in May, once it arrives I think my 335i might start to collect dust.
write a review once you get it
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #48
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
My gf's brother has an A5 3.2 thats pretty loaded out. Ive been driving it on and off for a few days and have to say im very impressed. I love the the interior is layed out along with all the gadgets it has. The lane departure warning is great. Also i love how the instrument cluster has the color screen in the center opposed to bmw's orange standard screen, much nicer touch. The screen in the cluster offers 3D like guidance when the nav is active, very cool.

I am not convinced by the way it drives but its creature comforts blow my E92 away. I would never consider an A5 or S5 over my M3 but i certainly would buy an A5 over a E92 328 or 335.
It has the worst design for a gear selector. When the car is in park, you cannot operate the air conditioning, defroster or anything. It blocks you from reaching any of those controls. I had to put the car in drive to read the display, then back in park, annoyed the shit out of me. I had it as a loaner when the R8 was getting serviced. I thought the design was blah.
      02-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #49
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
It has the worst design for a gear selector. When the car is in park, you cannot operate the air conditioning, defroster or anything. It blocks you from reaching any of those controls. I had to put the car in drive to read the display, then back in park, annoyed the shit out of me. I had it as a loaner when the R8 was getting serviced. I thought the design was blah.
That never became an issue for me when I had mine, but I had a stick, so that might be why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0