E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > In-car Google Local Search with BMW ConnectedDrive

09-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
ianstewarts
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

In-car Google Local Search with BMW ConnectedDrive

Just seen this u tube video (Just copy and paste title in google search) it's also on BMW vodcast.It's available if you have BMW online.
I have bmw online .To use it you set up your preferences online on a PC not in the car.
Menu's have changed and are easier to use but I can't log in on connected drive site because of bugs in the system.
Any one else have this problem.Should be good when it's up and running.
Phoned BMW help,they will ring me with a solution on Monday.
The ladie said that you cannot send e mails from the car any more as they are stopping the service
I presume you won't be able to send texts either from online.
Would be greatfull for some feedback if any one else has used it.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
ianstewarts
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

This is the article where I first realised online had been changed.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 1:00 AM
Posted by Thomas Wuertele, BMW ConnectedDrive & Jeff Zabel, BMW Technology Office USA

In March, BMW introduced Google Maps Send to Car in Germany. As of today, we've expanded this service to all of our European BMW Assist customers. In addition to Google Maps Deutschland, you can now send businesses from Google Maps, Google Maps Italia and Google Maps UK directly to your in-car navigation system. This means that instead of printing out or writing down information before you go, you can find what you're looking for and send it to your car via Google Maps. Once on the road, you no longer need to manually enter the phone number or address. Simply click to call or select your destination as you go.

Google Maps Send to Car is a convenient way to send locations in advance, but what about when you want to find a business on the road? Google and BMW are the first to launch an in-car Google Local Search available within BMW Online Germany. Looking for a gas station, a museum or a nearby sushi spot? This service gives you access to all the information from Google Maps while you enjoy your drive. Just search online using Google Maps and transfer the address to your navigation system, or call the contact with one click. It's that easy. Watch this video (or click here for the German version).

Together with Google, we look forward to further enhancing BMW ConnectedDrive’s vision of the connected vehicle to bring our drivers more innovative and convenient services like these in the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
m635csi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I saw an article the other day that said Mercedes is doing the same thing.
Appreciate 0