E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Directed Proximity Sensor Replacement - 508D

07-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Directed Proximity Sensor Replacement - 508D

My prox. sensor went was on the blink so I had it replaced. Guess what? I have binned six of these so far because they keep false alarming. Everything is good for around 6 hours and then the warning chirps start. Sometimes up to 4 beeps in a minute. Especially at 1am in the morning the neighbours are not impressed so I had to disconnect it.

The first sensor I had lasted 6 months before the problems began. The rest of the system works fine. Checked all ground, cables etc.

So I was thinking of replacing it with the Omega/Crime Guard AU94T or something. Would this be compatible with the Viper set up? It has the same 4 pins as the Direct 508D but are in different locations. Wondering if anyone has tried this off here??

The directed stuff is generally reliable and well made but the prox. sensor is the weakest link. A couple of searches on the net say that there was allegedly a faulty batch in 2009 and that these are still in circulation.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0