E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Check out how BMW of NA F***ed me Burnt SMG CLutch on an M5

12-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #23
hotnikks
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i-Msport

G*d damn!!! Duly noted...
      12-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #24
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5poe View Post
Check out how BMW of Manhattan screwed the SH out of me

I brought my car into BMW of Manhattan because while i was driving on the highway switching gears, the car made a bang and completley when numb, no throttle response.

When i got there the service adviser said it should be a problem and it should be covered under warranty.

a day later calls me back and says were gnna open up the tranny and let you know whats wrong with it, a day after that he calls me and says i need a new clutch and that bmw wont cover it cause it was "abused" which was total BS.. so i said close it up and i'll send it to my shop. he says ok.. the labor is $1680.00 for what we did which was determine the problem.

i called bmw of NA and they said thatthey wont help me because of their report from bmw of manhattan and they didn help me for shit all they did was call bmw of manhattan confirm the situation, called me back and basically said
F*** YOU

Now i have to pay $2700 to fix the clutch and ScumW of manhattan, with no .they basically SCAMMED the $hit out of me..

oh ye, and i forgot to mention that the clutch was replaced 2000 miles prior to this incident.

BMW are a bunch of scumbags - this will be my last beemer, and i will patronize them to the end.

i'm not the first person to be scammed by BMW of Manhattan. do some searches look at their reviews, their a bunch of thieves.

Jeff L. Cicero was my advisor.

prior to my clutch going out i brought the car in because it smelled like burnt clutch and a service advisor named Michael Ciasco said " i've been working with these cars for years and that smell is normal" F*** you Michael.

Ji Ho is the service manager there and he is a Scum as well. my friend brought his M6 in because the windshield whiper fluid was "Low" all the time. Jiho at bmw of manhattan said it would cost $350 to fix. My friend brought the car to circle BMW and fixed it for FREEE.

not only did JiWhore and bmw of Manhattan try to get some money from my friends m6, but when he picked it up they said they gave him and oil change, and topped off all the fluids. well when he got the car back the oil was below minimum, and all his fluids were low. we brought the car to Bob at Circle bmw in NJ and he said that all the fluids were low and topped off the all the fluids for my friend.

guys do not and i repeat DO NOT bring your car to BMW of Manhattan or you will be on of the any who got scammed

this is a thread i started when the problem first happend, and u can see the whole story there
http://forums.5series.net/index.php?showtopic=88341

if u had any recent experiences with them please comment

reeding and riting skillz must not be a priority.

Quite simply, I can only imagine the way the OP came across to the SA and to BMWNA.

"yo, like, if you guys don't fix this, then I'll patronize this place like forever"
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #25
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post

Quite simply, I can only imagine the way the OP came across to the SA and to BMWNA.

"yo, like, if you guys don't fix this, then I'll patronize this place like forever"
wow.

s

t

f

u
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #26
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

Cb1111, you're an obnoxious old fart.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #27
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

I saw that too. Slight misunderstanding of patronize.
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #28
blacknight335
RACER X!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

OMG everytime i hear the name BMW of Manhattan i just want to knock someone out!!!!!! Yeah i that is the worst place to take your car man. they are all sneaky dumb mother f**kers..... I went through hell because those assholes tried getting money out of me. I am sure you have all seen my story a few months back. So i get an engine malfunction light on.. yeah i know as soon as we see that were are all like damn HPFP right .. so i take it in they said ok well look at it and see whats wrong. Then a few hours later they call me saying we got this weird error code come up on the comp. Do you have a tune? I said no which is true my car is bone stock except for m-tech kit roof wing n spoiler and lux 5 on my angel eyes. So they are like yeah we got an error saying that you crank shaft is having problems blah blah and because of this error its not under warranty. It will cost $3900 to fix n your warranty for youe engine is gone. SO i was like WAT!!!!!!!! so i got into it with her this and that called BMWNA... they also did they same thing call up confirm wat they said and pretty much gave me a big FUCK YOU!!! lol. so i was like put my car back together i am taking it to the place i bought it. Habberstad BMW in LI. but they still charged me $350 for labor and and finding out what was wrong. So i take it to Habberstad the guuy came to me took the mini computer pluged it in infront of me and said yeah the code we got has to do with a bad solenoid we will replace it in a few hrs should be ready for u by today would you like a coffee while you wait?? I was like OMG thankgod!!! but do you see the big fucking difference they said it was my crankshaft in manhattan when it was my solenoid!!!! i almost paid $4000 dollars for something not wrong!!! So then after my car was fixed i went back to bmw of manhattan told and showed them the report i got from Habberstad and said i want my money back because you guys charged me for something underwarranty!!! spoke to the manager after 15 mins of yelling he agreed said sorry and said hope we still have your buisness. I said nope you lost a good customer and by the way fuck you and your department and walked out!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #29
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

it's bmw of Manhattan! What can one expect? I imagine any dealer in that area to be just as bad

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #30
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V10 All Black

STILLLLLLLL Mad, tell everyone you know about these thieves
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #31
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I hate BMW of Manhattan.

Even their sales department is full of cocky bastards.

I got so pissed at them and their attitude when I wanted to buy my second 335/535 that even though I was no longer interested in doing business with them after they gave me their initial price, I continued to act FULLY interested, asked for test drives (never went for them), negotiated the hell out of them and made pretend I had different offers coming from different dealerships, and I even spoke with the manager who gave me his final "best price". This went on for a good week (on my spare time, lol), then finally, I set an appointment to go in and leave a deposit. When that day came, I never showed up and they called asking if I was going in.
I said "no thank you, Rallye BMW gave me a MUCH better price without me even having to negotiate with them. I also read books worth of reviews about your service department which sounds more like a GM service department full of thieves. Until you make some serious changes to the way you do business, I'll be taking my business elsewhere."

The guy didn't know what to say and started coming up with excuses and "what if we can work something out and beat Rallye's price."
I said "I though't you said your last price was your FINAL BEST PRICE, sorry I don't like to play games, have a nice day."

Moral of the story: STAY AWAY FROM BMW OF MANHATTAN NO MATTER WHAT.
Nice!
      12-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #32
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight335 View Post
OMG everytime i hear the name BMW of Manhattan i just want to knock someone out!!!!!! Yeah i that is the worst place to take your car man. they are all sneaky dumb mother f**kers..... I went through hell because those assholes tried getting money out of me. I am sure you have all seen my story a few months back. So i get an engine malfunction light on.. yeah i know as soon as we see that were are all like damn HPFP right .. so i take it in they said ok well look at it and see whats wrong. Then a few hours later they call me saying we got this weird error code come up on the comp. Do you have a tune? I said no which is true my car is bone stock except for m-tech kit roof wing n spoiler and lux 5 on my angel eyes. So they are like yeah we got an error saying that you crank shaft is having problems blah blah and because of this error its not under warranty. It will cost $3900 to fix n your warranty for youe engine is gone. SO i was like WAT!!!!!!!! so i got into it with her this and that called BMWNA... they also did they same thing call up confirm wat they said and pretty much gave me a big FUCK YOU!!! lol. so i was like put my car back together i am taking it to the place i bought it. Habberstad BMW in LI. but they still charged me $350 for labor and and finding out what was wrong. So i take it to Habberstad the guuy came to me took the mini computer pluged it in infront of me and said yeah the code we got has to do with a bad solenoid we will replace it in a few hrs should be ready for u by today would you like a coffee while you wait?? I was like OMG thankgod!!! but do you see the big fucking difference they said it was my crankshaft in manhattan when it was my solenoid!!!! i almost paid $4000 dollars for something not wrong!!! So then after my car was fixed i went back to bmw of manhattan told and showed them the report i got from Habberstad and said i want my money back because you guys charged me for something underwarranty!!! spoke to the manager after 15 mins of yelling he agreed said sorry and said hope we still have your buisness. I said nope you lost a good customer and by the way fuck you and your department and walked out!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE!!!!!!
That sucks! Did you make a complaint to BMWNA and Consumer report? How about posting it on Yelp?
      12-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #33
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
That sucks! Did you make a complaint to BMWNA and Consumer report? How about posting it on Yelp?
yelp?
consumer Report?

BMWNA knows the situation and doesnt care
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #34
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post

Here you go brainiac....

Patronize (2)-to behave in an offensively condescending manner toward

Words have more then one meaning kids.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #35
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight335 View Post
wow wow ... wow ..I am moving to Manhattan this coming spring. Just about the time to know some dealership there. wow this is totally BS.. You almost pay for 4k for them to get your engine warranty out .lol that is pure BS .. i would stay the fuck away from this dealership. Anyone could recommend a good dealership to me. I do not have to drive all the way to Maryland to get a decent service Do I?

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #36
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangzeyuandss View Post
wow wow ... wow ..I am moving to Manhattan this coming spring. Just about the time to know some dealership there. wow this is totally BS.. You almost pay for 4k for them to get your engine warranty out .lol that is pure BS .. i would stay the fuck away from this dealership. Anyone could recommend a good dealership to me. I do not have to drive all the way to Maryland to get a decent service Do I?
JMK bmw in jersey lookem up, always great fast friendly service, and you get a loaner a bmw loaner

seen my friends driving brand new E9x,s with 12 mile on them

great dealer
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #37
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

guys!!!

after almost 5-6 threads on numerous websites, BMW of NA is going to reimburse me for the amount of the clutch repairs!

longs story short, a member from another forum took action when he saw my threads, sent it over the the head rep for bmw tristate area, the repsent it tobmw of NA along with all the threads, and i just got a phone call saying that they are going to cover the amount of the bill!!!

bmw of na is not that bad after all
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #38
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
Here you go brainiac....

Patronize (2)-to behave in an offensively condescending manner toward

Words have more then one meaning kids.
I find your attitude offensive. So please take your business elsewhere and stop patronizing us.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #39
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
I find your attitude offensive. So please take your business elsewhere and stop patronizing us.
what you going to do about it?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #40
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick View Post
what you going to do about it?