E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i exhaust tips

10-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
rawbhp
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M Sport

335i exhaust tips

Evening all

I gave my 335i its first proper clean the other day and noticed that the chrome on one of the exhaust tips is slightly corroded and won't polish up.

Are these removeable/replaceable or are they welded to the rear silencer? I've seen replacement tips for a 330 etc but not a 335i, and fancy some nice satin metal ones
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbhp View Post
Evening all

I gave my 335i its first proper clean the other day and noticed that the chrome on one of the exhaust tips is slightly corroded and won't polish up.

Are these removeable/replaceable or are they welded to the rear silencer? I've seen replacement tips for a 330 etc but not a 335i, and fancy some nice satin metal ones
Original exhaust tips are Stainless Steel not chrome, if you have chrome ones then they have been changed, aftermarket tips for 335 are weld-on.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbhp View Post
Evening all

I notice you live in Herts, I used CKS performance in Watford only yesterday for an exhaust on my 335d. Good guys, good work and good selection of tips etc.
Appreciate 0