E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > All Aboard the ASIAN EMPEROR

02-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #221
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes View Post
Addiction is the right word for me too.

It's like watching a VERY SLOW drama unfold when there's a lot at stake - our new cars. It is putting me "through the mill".

If something happens to my car and I need to order another one, I'll seriously consider a different color to avoid this protracted pain. I'm going to start thinking in terms of "color option A" and "color option B" instead of "I must have color option A". Contrast the delayed gratification involved with ordering your car to seeing the car you want on a dealer's lot, taking it for a test drive, striking a deal and driving home a couple hours later. HUGE difference. But we would have missed sharing our anticipation with all these great posters.
If you are worrying about damage, don't. Your car will be fine. Sometimes there are little nicks, but they take care of them so well, you will never know it. If you were to buy a car off the lot, it has the same chances for damages. They are shipped the same way, so the car you pick off the lot, could have been repaired, as well. That goes for BMW, MB, Porsche, all of them.

The processes are definately a different dynamic. I do enjoy the tracking and the people you meet. I have met some really great guys on these threads and I appreciate them letting a woman onboard. Sometimes I can shut down a whole thread once they know a woman is onboard. This happens all the time on the MB forum. I kind of enjoy that power when I encounter the jerks. They must be an overly insecure bunch over there. I find this forum to be really great and thanks to you guys for being so normal.

I did opt out of euro delivery for my car this time because they do get hung up a little longer at the port upon docking. I didn't want it to take a day longer than what it has to.

I know some guys on the MB forum who have had their MBs shipped from Munich to California via Lufthansa. It costs $12,000 per car, and of course, cuts off all the shipping time. They get their car in days instead of six weeks. When you are waiting for a $150,000 car, that's not too bad of a price. But, that is the ultimate in impatience! We pale in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #222
demosthenes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
I do enjoy the tracking and the people you meet. I have met some really great guys on these threads and I appreciate them letting a woman onboard. Sometimes I can shut down a whole thread once they know a woman is onboard. This happens all the time on the MB forum. I kind of enjoy that power when I encounter the jerks. They must be an overly insecure bunch over there. I find this forum to be really great and thanks to you guys for being so normal.
Are you kidding? Once they find out a woman is on board they stop posting? That is unbelievable! This is 2008. I guess there are still some prehistoric men out there.

I wish more women posted on these forums and this didn't feel so much like a "guy thing". It being mostly guys contributes to the number confrontations and the competitive nature of some of the threads.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #223
Aaric
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes View Post
Are you kidding? Once they find out a woman is on board they stop posting? That is unbelievable! This is 2008. I guess there are still some prehistoric men out there.

I wish more women posted on these forums and this didn't feel so much like a "guy thing". It being mostly guys contributes to the number confrontations and the competitive nature of some of the threads.
Couldn't agree more.

I've met quite a few women that put me to shame in knowledge/ability of typical manly pursuits like hunting/fishing and motorcycles
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #224
xtrakrispee
Outside Lookin In
Rep
Drives: AW e90 335i -> X5 3.0 M-Sport

CA called this morning...

My car is ready to be picked up @ the Stealership. Yahoo!!!
Sucks that i couldn't pick it up today though - Since i'm in Lake Tahoe.

...Picking up the car this Sunday! Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #225
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaric View Post
Couldn't agree more.

I've met quite a few women that put me to shame in knowledge/ability of typical manly pursuits like hunting/fishing and motorcycles
There are professional race care drivers who are women, too. I am thankful that my husband isn't into cars, otherwise I would have to share mine with him. He's taken my current SL out twice in two years and I about died both times. He's actually kind of excited about the new one I have coming. He's already started to tease me about taking my car out on drives. . . it's just going to kill me when he does!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #226
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrakrispee View Post
CA called this morning...

My car is ready to be picked up @ the Stealership. Yahoo!!!
Sucks that i couldn't pick it up today though - Since i'm in Lake Tahoe.

...Picking up the car this Sunday! Can't wait
Demosthenes and Aaric: I think you should call Waggoneers.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #227
kefler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5m / Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
There are professional race care drivers who are women, too. I am thankful that my husband isn't into cars, otherwise I would have to share mine with him. He's taken my current SL out twice in two years and I about died both times. He's actually kind of excited about the new one I have coming. He's already started to tease me about taking my car out on drives. . . it's just going to kill me when he does!
I'm hoping to hear from the dealership soon. I am guessing it might be early next week since I'm probably an extra day or two away from anyone in the Bay area.

I'm pretty excited about getting my E90 335i, for me, it will be the nicest car I've ever driven. I can't imagine what a SL63AMG would be like! Supercharged V8! I wouldn't know what to do with that much horsepower. Someday I'd love to get a C63 AMG. Someday... heh

Edit.... whoops its actually naturally-aspirated!

Last edited by kefler; 02-29-2008 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #228
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Car is less than 3 hours out according to Google maps. I called wagoneers and they said the truck was in Hayesville, OR making it's way up. Hopefully it doesn't make any extended stops!
      03-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #229
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB View Post
Car is less than 3 hours out according to Google maps. I called wagoneers and they said the truck was in Hayesville, OR making it's way up. Hopefully it doesn't make any extended stops!
It is amazing to me that their "system" works that quickly, all the way to Seattle. Does your dealership have a tech to inspect/service new arrivals on Saturdays or Sundays? My dealership doesn't, but they call a tech in if a car arrives on a Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #230
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep

Well shit, they don't have any that work on the weekends. I guess I'll have to do a Monday pick-up.
      03-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #231
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well shit, they don't have any that work on the weekends. I guess I'll have to do a Monday pick-up.
Ohhh, sorry. I would go down and take a look at her anyways. She'll just sit on the lot. I would ask if I could sit in it and read my manual and get to know all the knobs and dials, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #232
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep

I was starting to think my car wouldn't show up today after two false starts. My CA called me two separate times as trucks pulled into their lot, but my car wasn't on either of them . It was starting to get late and I figured the truck with my car may have stopped in Oregon for the day. Low and behold, I got another call at 4:00pm stating that my car had arrived! I drove over to the dealership and checked it out, started it up, messed around with the I-Drive, radio, CA, etc. For those of you wondering how many miles the car arrived with, it showed 2 miles on the odometer. I couldn't be happier!! I'm so glad I chose the colors/options I did!

Here are the specs:
2008 335i Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Exterior: Space Gray Metallic
Interior: Black Dakota Leather w/Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Options: Premium Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Park-Distance Control, Comfort Access, HD Radio, I-Pod/USB Adapter.

I forgot my camera at home (wouldn't you know it...) so my friend took a picture with his I-Phone. It hasn't been inspected/detailed yet so it was still a little dirty and the interior was covered in plastic....but it didn't stop me from sitting in it . My CA scheduled my car to be prepped first thing Monday morning, then it is off to the body shop to have the OEM Aero lip installed, then finally it heads over to another shop to have the clear-bra installed! I'm planning on a Monday night pick-up...but may have to delay until Wednesday depending on how long it takes them to get everything done (Tuesdays are no good for me). I'll take PLENTY of pictures when I pick her up in the next few days!
Attached Images

Last edited by BB; 03-01-2008 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Added Specs
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #233
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I was starting to think my car wouldn't show up today after two false starts. My CA called me two separate times as trucks pulled into their lot, but my car wasn't on either of them . I was starting to get late and I figured the truck with my car may have stopped in Oregon for the day. Low and behold, I got another call at 4:00pm stating that my car had arrived! I drove over to the dealership and checked it out, started it up, messed around with the I-Drive, radio, CA, etc. I couldn't be happier!! I'm so glad I chose the colors/options I did! I forgot my camera at home (wouldn't you know it...) so my friend took a picture with his I-Phone. It hasn't been inspected/detailed yet so it was still a little dirty and the interior was covered in plastic....but it didn't stop me from sitting in it .
Wow! Beautiful car and beautiful color. What is that color called? Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #234
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep

See edit above
      03-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #235
kefler
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow one made it all the way to Seattle already! I did not get a chance to check on mine w/ the trucking co. But I'd imagine it should have made it the ~500 miles to Tucson already!

All dealerships are closed here on Sundays . And I have an all day meeting at work monday and tuesday . I don't want it to sit on the lot very long so I'll have to get over there quickly after they call.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #236
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
See edit above
Sorry. I missed it. I was so taken by the photo!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #237
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep

It should be there very soon if it's not already on the lot! Post pictures when you pick her up!
      03-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #238
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep

Taking delivery Wednesday at 6:00pm! Pics to follow!
      03-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #239
kefler
Lieutenant
Rep

Just set an appointment right now for 4PM Wednesday, the car actually was delivered here Saturday evening but they haven't done PDI yet, I'll post pics as soon as I can!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #240
bandaid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e93

just got my e93

Love the car. My SA..... feh. Could not demonstrate any options/features of the car correctly. Didn't give me the warm fuzzies. Didn't comp me anything.

But I got a great car.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #241
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep

That sucks, it's not exactly rocket science....you would think people would be competent enough to do their job.
Post some pictures!!!
      03-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #242
bandaid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e93

you know what really underwhelmed me was the detail job that they did for me.

Lots of white spots on my black paint ---- smudges on the class and cockpit. Dirt on leather.

Nothing that wouldn't happen in the first 48 hours, perhaps.... but with a quick wipe of detailer I'm the one doing the job.

Love the car even more. Coming from a 92 Honda. Changing lanes at 85MPH feels so much more secure than doing it previously at 55....
Appreciate 0