E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > A run in God's Own camera free County

09-16-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 320d MSport

A run in God's Own camera free County

Took the 320D MSport out for a spirited adventure yesterday taking in the sights of roads with no fixed cameras in North Yorkshire....

Skipton-Bolton Abbey-Grassington-Kettlewell-Aysgarth-Leyburn-Masham-Summerbridge-Menwith Hill (US Listening Post)-Fewston-Otley

What an absolute delight, handling was a dream and the power management through the rear wheels was spot on - I know it would be even smoother with a six pot but I was still mightly impressed!

I have found that my drivers side window rattles and the glovebox is also rattling away but hopefully that is an easy warranty fix (anyone got any similar experiences?)

Found a lovely tea shop in Leyburn and the obligatory fish & chips at harry ramsdens.

For those who enjoy driving I do recommend a visit to the dales.
      09-16-2007, 04:24 AM   #2
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Bob, I agree it's a beautful part of the country. I did the trip from home to Ripon a while back, the roads through the North York Moors (A65 through Settle to Skipton), across the Moors by Menwith Hill and onto Harrogate and Ripon are great driving roads. Did you go to the Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley? Isn't that Harry Ramsden HQ !!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
sounds like you had a nice day Bob!!

how many miles on your e92 now?

Carlos
      09-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #4
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 320d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Bob, I agree it's a beautful part of the country. I did the trip from home to Ripon a while back, the roads through the North York Moors (A65 through Settle to Skipton), across the Moors by Menwith Hill and onto Harrogate and Ripon are great driving roads. Did you go to the Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley? Isn't that Harry Ramsden HQ !!
It certainly wass - Guisley i understand was the original. Still the nicest fish & chips but is trying to fit in with the fast food boys and I feel this is compromising them a little. Still got the amusment arcade I remeber from being about 10 years old!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
sounds like you had a nice day Bob!!

how many miles on your e92 now?

Carlos
It's an e90!! 970 miles on it now.....
      09-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
The North York Moors are on the east side of the A1. Settle to Skipton is through the Yorkshire Dales. Either way, both are good driving roads unless you're driving a 4x4.

I want to get up to Ribblesdale again (catch a photograph of the Ribblesdale Viaduct) and take the road through Hawes to Leyburn. The road from Settle to Ribblesdale is rather twisty as I recall.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
The North York Moors are on the east side of the A1. Settle to Skipton is through the Yorkshire Dales. Either way, both are good driving roads unless you're driving a 4x4.

I want to get up to Ribblesdale again (catch a photograph of the Ribblesdale Viaduct) and take the road through Hawes to Leyburn. The road from Settle to Ribblesdale is rather twisty as I recall.
OK, thanks for the geography lesson but while we are at it, it is the Ribblehead viaduct (not Ribblesdale) touchι - 1:1
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
That's my driving country Great roads, particularly during the week when there are fewer tourists. When I had the Porsche for a day I made the most of them in style! :rocks:

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
OK, thanks for the geography lesson but while we are at it, it is the Ribblehead viaduct (not Ribblesdale) touchι - 1:1
Damn, no wonder I couldn't find it on the map.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mushroom View Post
I have found that my drivers side window rattles and the glovebox is also rattling away but hopefully that is an easy warranty fix (anyone got any similar experiences?)

Sounds like you've been having fun! Yes, the problem with the door glass and the glovebox is well known - seems like the mounting points for the glovebox aren't always as tight or as close to tolerance as they should be. Easy fix. The door glass can also rattle because of slackness in the window guide - again it's an easy fix. If it's not the guide, is the location where it meets the rubber seal. The dealer might add some teflon tape to the rubber to help stop it from rattling (they've done that on mine).

Hope you continue to enjoy your car
Appreciate 0